Coach Doug to Da'Rick - That's not being a Buffalo Bill

JoeF

I'd be more concerned with the fact that he has only one eye.

TE Fred Arbanas of the AFL Era KC Chiefs only had one eye.

Sammy Davis Jr...he was pretty nimble...

It does screw with your depth perception. I don't think that would hurt Sammy though.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean this is good to hear and all but honestly that's Marrones job, he's just doing his job. If you see a player doing something he shouldn't be doing you let him know, I don't really think he deserves praise over reprimanding a rookie during May OTA's.

If this was:

Jauron- "I have to watch the tape to understand the situation."

Gailey- "I tried to get over their but it was tough to get there quickly."

Mularkey - "Da'Rick took the sails out of Brooks wind. Want a Cheeseburger?"

Greggo- "I offered Brooks a ten spot to take him out on the next play. You know -- kill the head."

:lol::worthy:

Great stuff - thanks for the laugh!

Rogers is clearly still a fool. Hopefully he learns, but I doubt it.

oh yes, clearly.....

how about let's see it happen again before you make yourself judge, jury, & executioner ??

I mean this is good to hear and all but honestly that's Marrones job, he's just doing his job. If you see a player doing something he shouldn't be doing you let him know, I don't really think he deserves praise over reprimanding a rookie during May OTA's.

Actually, it's less Marrone's job that it is another player's. I'm glad someone called him out on it...but I'll be truly impressed and start believing things are changing when a player steps up and shows some leadership in saying "We don't do that **** on this team, especially not to each other."

If this was:

Jauron- "I have to watch the tape to understand the situation."

Gailey- "I tried to get over their but it was tough to get there quickly."

Mularkey - "Da'Rick took the sails out of Brooks wind. Want a Cheeseburger?"

Greggo- "I offered Brooks a ten spot to take him out on the next play. You know -- kill the head."

Clever

I am glad to see the Bills get a coach that will set the tone for his players

I think it's Marrone trying to make a statement more than it being that Da'Rick made a huge mistake. It's OTA's, and I remember stories of camp fights breaking out every so often by more than one team. I think this is Marrone's way of saying 1) "You're still on probation Da'Rick" and 2) "This is my team. This is my standard. I'm letting everyone on the field know this."

To me, it sounds like good, if tough, coaching.

nailed it :thumbsup:

Given his background I think Coach Marrone is going to closely watch Da'Rick and will try to mold him into an NFL star. He knows Da'Rick can be great but just has to rein in some of the cockiness and over zealousness. If Da'Rick is mature enough he will be great, but if he showboats and it costs the team penalties he will not succeed.

Actually, it's less Marrone's job that it is another player's. I'm glad someone called him out on it...but I'll be truly impressed and start believing things are changing when a player steps up and shows some leadership in saying "We don't do that **** on this team, especially not to each other."

I think at this point it's on the new coach to define his lines and his expectations.Then of course the teamates maintain those values . This won't happen again with Rogers, SEC buddies with R Brooks or not .

Doug Marrone should set the tone and let it trickle down through coaches and players. If he called a player out for an indiscretion in front of everyone good for him. We needed a new General and i think we have one.

Coach had a great presser in my opinion.

Edited by 3rdand12

I think at this point it's on the new coach to define his lines and his expectations.Then of course the teamates maintain those values . This won't happen again with Rogers, SEC buddies with R Brooks or not .

Doug Marrone should set the tone and let it trickle down through coaches and players. If he called a player out for an indiscretion in front of everyone good for him. We needed a new General and i think we have one.

Coach had a great presser in my opinion.

I disagree, but with an important caveat.

On functional teams, player leadership remains consistent and important, regardless of coaching changes, in establishing expectations like what we're discussing. On teams like the Ravens, Steelers, Packers, etc., there's no question who sets the tone for the players: it's the leaders on the field, regardless of the coaching.

The caveat being: on functional teams. We've had a dysfunctional team for more than a decade. Which was kind-of my point - when players step up and start being leaders and taking care of things like this, and the coach doesn't have to, THEN I'll be convinced things are changing on OBD.

I am telling you Marrone is the type of coach as a player you would rather have your legs chopped off for than disappoint...never underestimate how much this plays into teams winning...

I am telling you Marrone is the type of coach as a player you would rather have your legs chopped off for than disappoint...never underestimate how much this plays into teams winning...

Every player to a tee loved playing for and respected Dick Jauron. Many players also committed border line crimes to get Gregg Williams' approval.

You were saying?

Sounds like Marrone got this idea ("play like a Buffalo Bill") by watching HBO's Hard Knocks with the Jets that one year where Rex Ryan was telling everyone to "play like a New York Jet" - I would expect our coach to come up with some original ideas for motivating the players rather than stealing them from the Jets coach by watching a TV show all the fans have access to. I also thought Marrone went a little too far in calling attention to how great he was by citation to his little motivational victory at the press conference. I want Wins, I don't want coaches putting gold stars on themselves at press conferences. Thumbs down IMO.

So someone actually has watched that show, didn't expect that. However, my highschool football coach used to say that back in the early 80's, so doubt needed to watch that show to come up with it. Also it was not a press conference so thumbs down to this post.