Is Jim Kelly ill ?? (update - has cancer)

After I lost Larry 15 days after his 46 birthday and 5 days after mine the Dec 10th date haunted me. It was at least 5 years before I could go without crying. Hang in there. I have to hire a handyman to do all those things. Thank God he was friends with the furnace man. I went 6 months without heat before I knew it was broken. My advise is to find a handy man you can trust. Good Luck

Wow, God Bless you.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck Jim. Hope you get to read this thread and see what effect you've had on the community of Bills fans.

I too had a brush with squamous cell, though it was external and relatively easily taken care of.

Statement on surgery per Buffalo News -

Bills great Jim Kelly underwent successful surgery this morning and is resting comfortably at Erie County Medical Center, according to the hospital.

Here is the statement released by ECMC’s Thom R. Loree, clinical director of the Head and Neck Surgery Department, and Dr. Maureen Sullivan and Dr. Mark S. Burke:

“At Mr. Kelly’s request, we thank everyone for their concern and well wishes for him and his family. Today, Mr. Kelly underwent a partial maxillectomy to remove a squamous cell carcinoma of the upper gingival caused by chronic irritation at the gum site. He underwent reconstruction with a dental obturator. The surgery went very well.

“We are hopeful for and anticipate a speedy recovery and successful outcome.

“Mr. Kelly is recovering comfortably at this time. He is in the capable care of the great nurses and staff here at ECMC. He will remain here at the hospital until he feels comfortable to go home.”