Think Superbowl powerout was bad? Blue Screen every game

http://www.nfl.com/n...iewing-of-games

The NFL and Microsoft, through its next generation Xbox device, are combining to upgrade interactive TV viewing of pro football games in a multiyear agreement announced Tuesday. The next step after that, perhaps as early as 2014, will be bringing technology to the sidelines on tablets.

The deal is worth $400 million over five years for the NFL, according to a person familiar with the agreement. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because financial details have not been made public.

What is going to happen when it hangs? Will they get an equipment time out? Will broadcast crews be prohibited from telling viewers why they are going back to paper? Which player will get fined because he pulls out an Apple IPad?

Edited by BillsWatch

Instant replays will be handled by Microsoft customer support and will take hours to review...the replay official will say his name is Robert, but he has a very thick accent which makes everyone doubt his honesty...

Instant replays will be handled by Microsoft customer support and will take hours to review...the replay official will say his name is Robert, but he has a very thick accent which makes everyone doubt his honesty...

Reminds me of that credit card commercial... Strange guy in a shack answers the phone "hello, this is Peggy" in a weird accent

Should have gone with Google. Every player gets a Google Glass device, so they can see the play they need to run, instead of trying to remember. And coaches can get "in their face screaming at them" without leaving the sideline. Maybe the QB has a target superimposed that lights up when his reciever is in postion without needing to actually see them.

Should have gone with Google. Every player gets a Google Glass device, so they can see the play they need to run, instead of trying to remember. And coaches can get "in their face screaming at them" without leaving the sideline. Maybe the QB has a target superimposed that lights up when his reciever is in postion without needing to actually see them.

OK this probably sounds silly, but I would love to see that experience

The NFL would be dumb to lock this in to any device but smart to at least offer in game rentals similar to NASCAR. No one better panders to their fan base then NASCAR.

400 million!!!! Hopefully it means international access to Gamepass on the Xbox. That said the whole INTERNATIONAL reveal of the Xbox was terrible from an international customer point of view, 90% of the annouced features are USA only. Coupled with the absence of backwards compatibility (really couldnt make a xbox 360 emulator to run on the new xbox?) and the reception over here in Europe was downright chilly. Which is surprising as Europe is the first market where the Xbox outsold the PS...

Flutie would have been in the HOF if he had one of those.

This from Microsoft that makes you pay to for online access. Can't wait to hear the pricetag attached.

I know right? I love paying for netflix and not being able to use it on my xbox since I don't buy a gold membership. I can see nfl doing the same thing (having to pay for access like nfl rewind) and MS requiring a new PLATINUM membership which is 100 bucks a year.

No one better panders to their fan base then NASCAR.

I guess that means half empty stadiums will become the norm then? That's what Nascar has been entertaining the last few years. Shocking considering how many people were attending races then that aren't now. I hope football doesn't get like that as a full house adds a lot to the experience of being there.

Flutie would have been in the HOF if he had one of those.

I know right? I love paying for netflix and not being able to use it on my xbox since I don't buy a gold membership. I can see nfl doing the same thing (having to pay for access like nfl rewind) and MS requiring a new PLATINUM membership which is 100 bucks a year.

Why do you need an xbox to watch netflix? Apple TV or the like is 99 bucks. Total.

Ms tablets are a piece of crap. Been using one fr some research and talk about junk and immature capabilities versus an iPad

Nothing compares to the iPad for entertainment (except for flash), but the surface already outdoes the iPad for business use on many levels.