What if it's not Whaley?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its Whatley's time, and I like he was in training for three years. Very corporate like, preparing the man, and he knows he is being prepared. Makes you pay attention if you know you have to carry the mail yourself in the near future.

Has anyone begun to explore the possibility that they might be looking to hire outside the organization, keeping Whaley in his current position?

I'd be just as shocked as the next guy if this happened--but nobody seems to be willing to consider the very real, albeit small, chance it could happen...

Its Whaley, thats already been decided. Russ is just giving it a few days so Buddy can have his due.

I for one appreciate how the organization is handling all of these matters. Very professional and they are treating men like men. That will attract people with better skill sets because they know they will be valued, appreciated and treated the right way. Kudos to Russ Brandon

What sense would it make to bring in an GM from outside the organization? We just got a new coaching staff, QB, etc. GM's like to bring in their own guys, I'm sure Whaley is invested in this current personnel.

Has anyone begun to explore the possibility that they might be looking to hire outside the organization, keeping Whaley in his current position?

I'd be just as shocked as the next guy if this happened--but nobody seems to be willing to consider the very real, albeit small, chance it could happen...

My latest rumor is that Regier wants to be a GM of the Bills, and Nix's secret ambition is tho be a GM of a hockey team..so there you go!!!! Realistically, though I would love to see the Bills hire Bill Polian as GM !!! I don't care what the Quacks at WGR550 AM say! The last time we were successful it was a result of him! He assembled the parts that were still here when Butler arrived. He was the built the Super bowl teams of the 90's, He built the Indianapolis Colts from scratch in the image of the Bills....He also built the Carolina Panthers into a very good team in their initial years.

He may be getting older, but so was Nix...So was Levy.. History is made to repeat itself, and what a way would it be for Polian to close his career bringing a (hmm hmm) AFC Championship to the Bills, dare I say (SupxxBoxl) !!!!!!! I doubt the Bills and Wilson would, but it really makes sense! Polian always talks about how he loves Buffalo etc..especially since he left Indy. Remember he didn't really want to leave Indy, I think he was kind of forced out because of disagreement within the ranks and ownership. Okay, I don't get on here much...(kids, family pressure, work, & college), but I wanted to state my opinion......Positive and Negative feedback is fine as I can understand the argument against the idea to some extent!!!

My latest rumor is that Regier wants to be a GM of the Bills, and Nix's secret ambition is tho be a GM of a hockey team..so there you go!!!! Realistically, though I would love to see the Bills hire Bill Polian as GM !!! I don't care what the Quacks at WGR550 AM say! The last time we were successful it was a result of him! He assembled the parts that were still here when Butler arrived. He was the built the Super bowl teams of the 90's, He built the Indianapolis Colts from scratch in the image of the Bills....He also built the Carolina Panthers into a very good team in their initial years.

He may be getting older, but so was Nix...So was Levy.. History is made to repeat itself, and what a way would it be for Polian to close his career bringing a (hmm hmm) AFC Championship to the Bills, dare I say (SupxxBoxl) !!!!!!! I doubt the Bills and Wilson would, but it really makes sense! Polian always talks about how he loves Buffalo etc..especially since he left Indy. Remember he didn't really want to leave Indy, I think he was kind of forced out because of disagreement within the ranks and ownership. Okay, I don't get on here much...(kids, family pressure, work, & college), but I wanted to state my opinion......Positive and Negative feedback is fine as I can understand the argument against the idea to some extent!!!

Polian got lucky with Peyton Manning. He was an mediocre GM for the Colts, and is completely out of touch with the modern NFL.

What sense would it make to bring in an GM from outside the organization? We just got a new coaching staff, QB, etc. GM's like to bring in their own guys, I'm sure Whaley is invested in this current personnel.

Has anyone begun to explore the possibility that they announce Whaley as GM, and he immediately fires the coaching staff to bring in "his guys"?!? :o