Is anyone else worried about Da'Rick Rogers

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rogers probably need some patience on our part as fans, being a raw talent and all.

Now we have Real competition and the vets haven't been involved with the rooks yet.

Long way to go for the kids learning so many new things.

Woods sounds very good already and M. Goodwin has blown the top off as Manuel said " just throw it longer and he will go get it " or something close to that. Tuel was impressed too.

Kaufman and Rogers have a great opportunity. All the better for us if they take advantage of it.

Go Bills !

I just hope he doesn't get cut before I learn how to pronounce his name.

I it "Da-RICK"? Or "DARE-ick"?

Personally I think the pronunciation thing is why he wasn't drafted -- nobody wanted to be embarrassed at the podium.

Edited by Ennjay

Everyone has pointed out how he is undrafted, I understand that. The reason I even brought it up is because he was viewed by many scouts as a 1st or 2nd round talent and everyone was surprised he wasn't drafted. My point is everybody else on offense through the first 3 days of camp have been all over the field doing something. He hasn't done anything. By the way scouts were talking and the way he has been hyped up, this should be a walk in the park for him especially being compared to Eric Moulds by one of our scouts. Again, I understand he was undrafted and if he was said to be an undrafted free agent because of not being that talented predraft then we wouldnt even be having this conversation but he was said by some to be the best receiver in the draft. Now am I worried if Kaufman wasnt making any plays...no because he wasnt suppose to be drafted so u can make the argument "Am I worried about our udfa receiver not doing anything...no". But a guy who was touted to be a 2nd round pick you can make that argument.

Edited by bufffan031

Exactly how many plays has he made or not made? I have't seen a play by play narrative, only thumbnail reports. Guess you are one up on me.

You are correct. He hasn't been mentioned in any of the reports I've read and I've taken that to mean that he isn't doing much but it could just be reporters focusing elsewhere, or maybe he isn't even there.

Not worried about an UDFA now, wont be worried about him through camp, dont care if they end up cutting him.

It's little to no investment on the Bills part, and all on him. I hope he does well, as it would help the team. But if not, oh well, moving on to next year's class of UDFAs we can quickly love and then quickly forget.

"Worrying gives you cancer. Hurrying gives you strokes."

Edited by DrDareustein

Everyone has pointed out how he is undrafted, I understand that. The reason I even brought it up is because he was viewed by many scouts as a 1st or 2nd round talent and everyone was surprised he wasn't drafted. My point is everybody else on offense through the first 3 days of camp have been all over the field doing something. He hasn't done anything. By the way scouts were talking and the way he has been hyped up, this should be a walk in the park for him especially being compared to Eric Moulds by one of our scouts. Again, I understand he was undrafted and if he was said to be an undrafted free agent because of not being that talented predraft then we wouldnt even be having this conversation but he was said by some to be the best receiver in the draft. Now am I worried if Kaufman wasnt making any plays...no because he wasnt suppose to be drafted so u can make the argument "Am I worried about our udfa receiver not doing anything...no". But a guy who was touted to be a 2nd round pick you can make that argument.

That my friend is the politics of it. Bills will talk up Wood and Marquise as they were drafted high enough.

Give him time to adjust and focus. Kaufman is a feel good story with legs.

I am still looking forward to seeing how all the kids do with the vets in place and pads on

YES!!!

Here is the list of people worried:

Dorin Dickerson

Marcus Easley

TJ Graham

Marquise Goodwin

Chris Hogan

Brad Smith

Kevin Norell

Brandon Kaufman

Robert Woods

Kevin Elliott

This guy could get his act together and take any one of these guys' job. As a fan I'm not worried about this guy at all, I am sure Stevie is not too worried about losing his job to da'guy. But everyone else is either starting from the same place or hasn't done a thing to lock up their roster spot in 2013...

Just checked Taylor is fine. So fine. I can worry about her because she is such a talented and inspirational woman.

Just picked up my wife and daughter from the Taylor Swift show in DC tonight. They both reported Taylor to be in great form, but neither heard a peep from Da'Rick!

That's me officially worried.... :w00t:

This was a well done and funny post and I always like what you have to say. In fact this is a funny thread and I think the OP may have been trolling, but it's amusing either way. All that being said, I find it shocking that as a farmer, global warming is a joke to you. It wasn't a joke to farmers in the midwest last summer. I'm not a farmer and the fact that Western New York has a blatantly different climate than when I was a kid 20 years ago is pretty alarming if you ask me. The fact that New England foliage occurs a full two weeks on average later than it did 20 years ago is also pretty alarming. The fact that when I moved to Denver 11 years ago, the summers were noticeably cooler and it rained more than it does now worries me quite a bit. Certainly more than the Kardashians. I know we're all here for football but to slide in a jab at people being concerned about the earth warming at a never-before-seen rate is pretty ignorant.

Well this is a well considered and insightful post. I am impressed. You should come on over to PPP, as I am certain the rest our fellowship would love to hear your thoughts on Global Warming. We have very intellectually stimulating discussions there, and I am sure you'd fit right in immediately. Who knows, you may even become one of our favorite posters. This post is certainly a good start.

All you have to do is click here: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/forum/14-politics-polls-and-pundits/

That's right, click the link. It's no big deal. The link is your friend, and all you have to do: just click it.

Rodgers has OK not great speed, his route running is also OK but not great, where he excels is being physical off the line, making contested catches and holding onto the ball when hit hard- those things don't really show up to much in seven on sevens.

I just hope he doesn't get cut before I learn how to pronounce his name.

I it "Da-RICK"? Or "DARE-ick"?

Personally I think the pronunciation thing is why he wasn't drafted -- nobody wanted to be embarrassed at the podium.

It's Day-Rick

Chips can be good too...Tom Brady still has one the size of Everest...Thurman had a pretty good sized one...It all depends on the individual and what they do with it...Chips can cause some serious positive motivation with the right mindset... B-)

Chips are fine with players that feel that they have something to prove about their abilities. Rogers has the ability and everyone knows it. His problem is attitude. He is the last type of person to need a chip on his shoulder. If he doesn't lose that chip, he will lose.

Enquiring minds want to know here. Unless she's "never never ever" getting back together with jboyst, or he's worried about what kind of pancakes she'll make him.

C'mon man.

First, it's "common man?!" Second, Boyst lives in a fantasy world, please don't encourage him.

Doesn't matter what scouts or so called experts think. He WAS undrafted so it is a minimal risk and it is way too early to be worried, concerned or whatever other adjective you can come up with. Just relax and enjoy the fact we have football to watch and talk about. We seem to have some exciting rookies with talent.

It usually takes a couple years for receivers to develop. Da'Rick has the physicial tools, he just needs to garner some experience. My guess is that the team will keep him around for at least a year or two to see if he figures it out.

seems kinda dumb for everyone to be like "who cares? he was undrafted"... i mean, have you been in this forum? there are 20 pages on this guy's signing, which i believe is a few times more than some of our draft picks. pretty much everyone's wondering about this guy and how good he can be and talks about him.. my uncle.. step-grandparents family friend's nephew.. so i don't think the point is about the risk, it's about people are [overly] excited about this guy and maybe quite a few are going to be let down.

and yes, there are reports that are unfavorable. "up and down", with only mentions of the negatives, is a kind way of saying he struggled. saying he couldn't get the drill in 4 tries, was sent to the back of the line, before getting it on his 5th, is probably not a good sign. it may very well be too early to "worry" (if you are one of those with the high hopes), which is the question, but not really a laughable one.. could be a legitimate concern. this guy did not go undrafted b/c of pot alone.