Good news for Torell Troupe and Marcus Easley??

Dopey

The Bills held an "Iron Bills" competition during the offseason conditioning program and Fred Jackson is in the lead as far as point are concerned. The suprising news is that Troup and Easley are on his tail to take over the lead. Hopefully this means these two guys are FINALLY ready to go this season. If they are, it's pretty good news for the Bills. We could use Troupe's size in the middle of that D line and hopefully Marcus turns out to be that BIG reciever we need. See the article from buffalobills.com:

http://www.buffalobi...cf-75d5c89249b3

Edited by Dopey

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be shocked if Easley makes the roster. The Bills brought in 3 rookies to complete, al of which have more skills than Easley. Marcus is going to have to do somethign amazing in camp to make this team.

Troupe -- I keep forgetting he is still around -- he'll be cut after he hurts himself in camp - it's inevitable.

The Bills held an "Iron Bills" competition during the offseason conditioning program and Fred Jackson is in the lead as far as point are concerned. The suprising news is that Troup and Easley are on his tail to take over the lead. Hopefully this means these two guys are FINALLY ready to go this season. If they are, it's pretty good news for the Bills. We could use Troupe's size in the middle of that D line and hopefully Marcus turns out to be that BIG reciever we need. See the article from buffalobills.com:

I definitely don't want to take anything away from their efforts; this is not a new development for Easley and Troup. They've both been off-season workout junkies in their previous time with the team...it's been staying healthy and translating those efforts into on-field performance that's been the issue.

Good to see because they have a lot to prove with the new coaches. Shows they are taking offseason seriously, or the other players don't care, and know their spots on the roster aren't guaranteed

Its hard to say what Easley can do because we havn't had the chance to see him do anything. I know that both Whaley and Nix loves him so hopefully he can stay healthy and show something. If not at least we covered our bases and brought in some nice young talent.

Regarding Troup pretty much the same thing. Yes his size and strength would be a welcomed addition to the middle. Lets hope that these two guys are over their injuries and are ready to contribute, because the way it looks Maroone is a results guy unlike Chan. Best player plays and the rest are expendable.

Easley and Troupe were my winners of the Chuck Lester award!! I give the award to the people that stick around for multiple years without actually doing anything. Previous winners include Josh Stamer and Keith Ellison.

You could have put George Wilson on that list for a long time. Usually don't make that list unless you show flashes of being able to contribute at least. Personally have always though that both of them could be solid players given the right situation. Think Easley could have done more last year given a chance, but hard to say he earned that chance. Did seem last coaching staff liked to keep the status quo, and often seemed to keep the player that was in the position rather than the player that had the most potential or was best player. Course that's an outsiders view and have no links to support that.

You could have put George Wilson on that list for a long time. Usually don't make that list unless you show flashes of being able to contribute at least. Personally have always though that both of them could be solid players given the right situation. Think Easley could have done more last year given a chance, but hard to say he earned that chance. Did seem last coaching staff liked to keep the status quo, and often seemed to keep the player that was in the position rather than the player that had the most potential or was best player. Course that's an outsiders view and have no links to support that.

The list is mostly predicated on fooling people through final cuts and then contributing zero. I guess that it should come as no surprise that these two are having a great spring!!

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I definitely don't want to take anything away from their efforts; this is not a new development for Easley and Troup. They've both been off-season workout junkies in their previous time with the team...it's been staying healthy and translating those efforts into on-field performance that's been the issue.

I have said it before and will probably get slammed for saying this but Troup being in a contract year has extra motivation this season.

I would be shocked if Easley makes the roster. The Bills brought in 3 rookies to complete, al of which have more skills than Easley. Marcus is going to have to do somethign amazing in camp to make this team.

I wouldn't be shocked but he would have to beat out Brad Smith and Kevin Elliot based on the assumption they keep 6 WR's. His other opportunity is if Da'Rick Rogers isn't locked into a roster spot. I'd also have to challenge that all of them definitely have "more skills" than Easley. He can't stay healthy but he has talent.

Its hard to say what Easley can do because we havn't had the chance to see him do anything. I know that both Whaley and Nix loves him so hopefully he can stay healthy and show something. If not at least we covered our bases and brought in some nice young talent.

Regarding Troup pretty much the same thing. Yes his size and strength would be a welcomed addition to the middle. Lets hope that these two guys are over their injuries and are ready to contribute, because the way it looks Maroone is a results guy unlike Chan. Best player plays and the rest are expendable.

I wouldn't be shocked but he would have to beat out Brad Smith and Kevin Elliot based on the assumption they keep 6 WR's. His other opportunity is if Da'Rick Rogers isn't locked into a roster spot. I'd also have to challenge that all of them definitely have "more skills" than Easley. He can't stay healthy but he has talent.

Easley was healthy and "ready to go" last season. Yet he couldn't beat out guys like Ruvell Martin and 3rd string QB Smith for a WR spot on a team starving for WRs.

I think his free ride/Bills gym membership is about to expire..

Easley and Troupe were my winners of the Chuck Lester award!! I give the award to the people that stick around for multiple years without actually doing anything. Previous winners include Josh Stamer and Keith Ellison.

Was John McCargo a winner as well? And was Todd Collins the all time champ or does he get disqualified because he only was a Bill for 3 years?

Was John McCargo a winner as well? And was Todd Collins the all time champ or does he get disqualified because he only was a Bill for 3 years?

McCargo sure was. I started the thread a couple of months back. The Bills have a history of guys that make the roster for a few years and never contribute anything. I wonder if other teams have guys like this? There have been a bunch over the last 15 years or so.

Edited by Kirby Jackson