What about LG?

cage

We can't seriously be thinking about starting Colin Brown or hoping someone even lower on the depth chart can start... Why haven't OBD looked more seriously at Brandon Moore? Seems like the guy we need? Any other suggestions out there for our Game 1 starter??

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Post June 1st salary cap cuts

2. Can Zerbie Sanders move to G?

3. What about Pears (played a few games at guard in Oakland)?

4. What about Hairston?

My gut is they hope a veteran is cut and they can bring him in just before training camp or maybe even after week 1.

At the Monday Quarterback Luncheon Doug Whaley mentioned that in the new offense not as much emphasis is placed on the guard position. This is per Joe B from WGR today. It could explain why Levitre was allowed to leave and why they have not been more active in finding a replacement on free agency or the draft.

Gut feeling is that they think sanders can play or else we would have picked up someone in FA or late in the draft.

Not sure what they're basing that on as he was IRed all last year and luck too, the one time I was at training camp he looked just awful.

I would want to have a good starting candidate throughout training camp and even in the mandatory minicamps. I would think they need to do something pretty soon to address the position.

If I'm not mistaken under the new CBA, June 1 cuts can be made now with the cap hit allocated as before. There's no longer a fresh round of cuts on 6/1

I wouldn't be surprised if that FA OG (Chibane) from Syracuse gets a long look at LG.

Don't we need to bring in a vet? If we may be starting a rookie QB, plus essentially a rookie WR corp after Stevie, then we need to have an a$$-kicking OL. LG is just a glaring hole. If a someone rises to the occasion then that's fine, but they need to make a more definative move to solidify that part of the line. I'm not sure what kind of offense is going to be run where the guards are inconsequential? That just doesn't make sense, particularly in the running game.

Edited by cage

We can't seriously be thinking about starting Colin Brown or hoping someone even lower on the depth chart can start... Why haven't OBD looked more seriously at Brandon Moore? Seems like the guy we need? Any other suggestions out there for our Game 1 starter??

Who says we haven't looked at Moore?

I was actually thinking about this today while mowing my yard (helps the time go a bit faster).

Anyhow, I simply think the BIlls are going to follow the example of the Baltimore Ravens in the Play-offs last year--they resigned Bryant McKinney to a new deal today. If you recall, at some point towards the end of the year, the Ravens decided they were going to start their 5 best lineman, regardless of the listed position. I think that is what the Bills are about to do as well.

Several posters have suggested that Zanders, maybe even Hairston or Pears might move inside. I think it could very well happen; that is, if they are among the top 5 linemen on the team.

I, however, think that Brown played pretty well when called upon last year, and I would not be surprised at all if he does end up being the starting LG.

Edited by CSBill

Sanders has never faced real NFL defenders and is coming off surgery to both hips. We spent too many years with crappy o-lines. I know guards are supposedly easy to replace, but I am concerned. If we run a fast offense it will really help, but I don't see who we're going to play. I was unimpressed with Sam Young and Colin Brown last year.