Good EJ article

Funny...I keep seeing the "experts" give the Bills low marks for their draft, overall, and in their analysis the criticize the Manuel pick at #16. But then, you read the same guys breaking down each pick, and they have mostly positive things to say about him. USA Today Sports Weekly comes to mind. I haven't purchased that thing in a few years, but grabbed it this moring at 7-11 when I was getting coffee...EJ was on the cover of their post-draft issue, holding up his Bills jersey...inside they give the Bills draft their lowest grade (a D, no other team lower than C-),saying that the EJ pick was a reach for a "project", and also mentioned Marquise Goodwin and Jonathan Meeks as weak picks. (Also say that Kiko Alonso is fast side to side, but not very strong, and weak against the run...high risk pick they dub him).

Yet, underneath, where they break down each pick individually, they gush about EJ's "cannon arm", size, great mobility and leadership skills! Uh..what do they want? They loved the Robert Woods pick (as well as Duke Williams incidentally), so why is it I get the feeling they would all be cool if Robert Woods went to the Bills at #16, and EJ at #41? WTF is the difference?

To me, it all just continues to reek of the Bills going outside the conventional QB rankings in the draft, and making them all wrong in their upteenth million mock drafts.

I think this is the first draft in a lwhile that I feel pretty happy about. I love that they added a ton of speed, and agressiveness...things that have been lacking, outside of Spiller.

Funny...I keep seeing the "experts" give the Bills low marks for their draft, overall, and in their analysis the criticize the Manuel pick at #16. But then, you read the same guys breaking down each pick, and they have mostly positive things to say about him. USA Today Sports Weekly comes to mind. I haven't purchased that thing in a few years, but grabbed it this moring at 7-11 when I was getting coffee...EJ was on the cover of their post-draft issue, holding up his Bills jersey...inside they give the Bills draft their lowest grade (a D, no other team lower than C-),saying that the EJ pick was a reach for a "project", and also mentioned Marquise Goodwin and Jonathan Meeks as weak picks. (Also say that Kiko Alonso is fast side to side, but not very strong, and weak against the run...high risk pick they dub him).

Yet, underneath, where they break down each pick individually, they gush about EJ's "cannon arm", size, great mobility and leadership skills! Uh..what do they want? They loved the Robert Woods pick (as well as Duke Williams incidentally), so why is it I get the feeling they would all be cool if Robert Woods went to the Bills at #16, and EJ at #41? WTF is the difference?

To me, it all just continues to reek of the Bills going outside the conventional QB rankings in the draft, and making them all wrong in their upteenth million mock drafts.

I think this is the first draft in a lwhile that I feel pretty happy about. I love that they added a ton of speed, and agressiveness...things that have been lacking, outside of Spiller.

The second paragraph made me laugh out loud (I know I'm not suppose to spell that out, but typing LOL makes me feel twelve). You are absolutely right if those two picks are reversed the Bills are geniuses.

That's a very good article, bleachereport and all. Thanks for posting it.

What is starting to really intrigue me, is that virtually everyone seems to think that Marrone and Hackett did a good job or even great job with Ryan Nassib, who went from nobody to potential first round draft pick to eventual fourth round draft pick. And everyone seems to agree that Manuel has far superior size, arm, running ability, touch, accuracy on deep ball, and is a hard worker, good leader and very smart on and off the field. And then Marrone pretty much proved he wanted Manuel as his QB more than Nassib. Why wouldn't it be logical that Marrone and Hackett could do an even better job with a better piece of clay to work with.

Great read, and hopefully this will dispel some of the mcshay parrots that simply repeat, "durrr, derp, EJ is inaccurate, EJ is jp losman." When the pick was made, Kurt Warner admired and praised EJs accuracy on the NFL network.

Great read, and hopefully this will dispel some of the mcshay parrots that simply repeat, "durrr, derp, EJ is inaccurate, EJ is jp losman." When the pick was made, Kurt Warner admired and praised EJs accuracy on the NFL network.

Funny you mention Kurt Warner. I had to work the night of the first round (stupid NFL and their Thursday BS), I was only half following on-line while it was happening. When I got home, watching the after analysis, and Warner seemed to really like the Manuel pick. However, when I was watching the "post-game" analysis of the draft overall, on Saturday, there was Warner, just repeating what all the other bone-heads had to say..."Bills blew it! Overreach for Manuel..he's a "project", etc etc Grrrr.... :censored:

Funny you mention Kurt Warner. I had to work the night of the first round (stupid NFL and their Thursday BS), I was only half following on-line while it was happening. When I got home, watching the after analysis, and Warner seemed to really like the Manuel pick. However, when I was watching the "post-game" analysis of the draft overall, on Saturday, there was Warner, just repeating what all the other bone-heads had to say..."Bills blew it! Overreach for Manuel..he's a "project", etc etc Grrrr.... :censored:

Yeah. I noticed that too. Why the sudden change of heart, Kurt?

I've always wondered if these ex-jocks on TV are actually giving their true opinion or just speaking what they are told to say. Maybe the teleprompter showed two different stories on Thursday & Saturday.

I've always wondered if these ex-jocks on TV are actually giving their true opinion or just speaking what they are told to say. Maybe the teleprompter showed two different stories on Thursday & Saturday.

In Kurt's case its probably what his wife told him to say.