Da'Rick Rogers - WR - UDFA

over weights bench press under weights broad jump especially for WRs- in three months of hard work I could double DaRich's bench press reps, no ones adding more than 10%-15% to their vertical jumps

Exactly. Any metric that equates a FOOT in the broad jump with one bench rep is absurd.

Say there are two guys with the same vertical jump. On the bench, Player A does 25 reps, player B 22. But Player A has a 9' broad jump and player B has an 11' broad jump. Player A will have the higher "explosion" number. Nonsensical.

If we are just looking at explosive athleticism, I'll take the guy with the massive TWO FOOT advantage in the broad jump over the guy with the very slightly stronger upper body.

Even if he got the weighting right, though, it's still too reductive to mean much. Too many other athletic factors in play.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Screw the bench press... those vertical jump and broad jump numbers are INSANE! We stole him if he gets his act together! Good gravy!

Yeah, Rogers' broad jump is the same as Goodwin's and his vert is only 2.5 inches less than Goodwin's 42 inches.

Those really are some awesome numbers.

Yeah, but where has Goodwin ever displayed any real jumping ability?

I don't know. Of the 13 games the Longhorns played last year, there are only condensed versions of two of the games.

However we know two things:

1) He has great leaping ability and

2) It seems that Texas is usually content to let him outrun opponents rather than outleap them.

I don't know. Of the 13 games the Longhorns played last year, there are only condensed versions of two of the games.

However we know two things:

1) He has great leaping ability and

2) It seems that Texas is usually content to let him outrun opponents rather than outleap them.

Think of how many FGs we could block if we let Goodwin run full speed up Alex Carrington's back and leap up from there. He'd be blocking field goals with his feet!!

Exactly. Any metric that equates a FOOT in the broad jump with one bench rep is absurd.

Say there are two guys with the same vertical jump. On the bench, Player A does 25 reps, player B 22. But Player A has a 9' broad jump and player B has an 11' broad jump. Player A will have the higher "explosion" number. Nonsensical.

If we are just looking at explosive athleticism, I'll take the guy with the massive TWO FOOT advantage in the broad jump over the guy with the very slightly stronger upper body.

Even if he got the weighting right, though, it's still too reductive to mean much. Too many other athletic factors in play.

Hey, take it up with Pat Kirwin.

Think of how many FGs we could block if we let Goodwin run full speed up Alex Carrington's back and leap up from there. He'd be blocking field goals with his feet!!

Alex Carrington might be out of a job!

Love that idea. Would definitely be entertaining, kinda like the entertainment of watching "Professional" wrestling on TV back when they used to do all the acrobatic and timing tag team stunts instead of beating each other with chairs and 2 by 4s.

Making Sense of the Buffalo Bills' Decision to Sign Boom-or-Bust Receiver Da'Rick Rogers: http://sports.yahoo....-180900223.html

Go ahead, Buffalo Bills fans. Get pumped about Da'Rick Rogers. You're not crazy in doing so. After all, embracing any kind of hope and faithfully riding it through the regular season has become a basic guideline of, well, calling yourself a Bills fan, right?

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Making Sense of the Buffalo Bills' Decision to Sign Boom-or-Bust Receiver Da'Rick Rogers: http://sports.yahoo....-180900223.html

Go ahead, Buffalo Bills fans. Get pumped about Da'Rick Rogers. You're not crazy in doing so. After all, embracing any kind of hope and faithfully riding it through the regular season has become a basic guideline of, well, calling yourself a Bills fan, right?

Good article, but sort of sprinkles on our parade. I'm talking about the stats part. That said, it was his first year starting. Given 1-2 more years on a real D-1 program, I'm sure he would have shown steady improvement. Due to this, he's probably going to need a few years in the NFL to develop.

• 2 weeks later...

Have heard it as "day-rick"... his real name, from what I understand is David Richard Rogers... :rolleyes:

I have seen a couple online places that said "Da'Rick Rogers (Pronounced DAY-rick)" but I also heard Da'Rick Rogers himself talk about himself in the third person on the Steve Marriucci interview and Da'Rick Rogers pronounced Da'Rick "duhrick" and not dayrick.

Screw the bench press... those vertical jump and broad jump numbers are INSANE! We stole him if he gets his act together! Good gravy!

Some scouting reports called Rogers a "Julio Jones clone".

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1737204/da

In some highlight videos, Rogers looks like the "open when he is covered" kind of guy.

I am very excited to see Da'Rick Rogers playing for the Bills.