Thank you Vikings

For giving up 1/2 your draft picks to New England to draft WR Cordarrelle Patterson, so the Patriots couldn't get him :worthy: Just what the Bills didn't need was for Tom Brady to get a weapon like Patterson.

Plus, the guy who caught 110-120 passes every year for the Patriots, Wes Welker is a Bronco.... good things

Thank you Buddy Nix for trading back this year, getting an extra #2 and screwing the Jets over at the same time, No WR Tavon Austin for da jests.

Now, if only the Bills would work on obtaining LT Brandon Albert so the Dolphins don't solidify their O line, meanwhile the Bills could upgrade their line and give whatever QB wins the starting job a real chance to survive the year. Don't forget the Dolphins let their former #1 overall draft pick 4x pro bowler LT Jake Long leave in free agency and didn't replace him in the draft.

I know I'd be less concerned about that rookie QB developing properly if the Bills O line were upgraded with a player like Albert after losing OG Andy Levitre in free agency.

I will just throw something out and see if it sticks: Brad Smith and a 3rd for Albert?? I have lost track of where the Bills are cap wise but is there enough cash for both he and Byrd?

Please say no to Albert. He wants 8 mill a year and it's not feasible. We have to resign more than just Byrd next year and Cj on the horizon. We have decent enough talent at RT to get by. That would be a collassal mistake IMO.

I would also like to thank the Vikings for taking Ponder so early and not allowing the Bills a shot at him. I would take an unknown Manuel over what Ive seen from Ponder.

Christian Ponder reminded me of the Bills of the early 70's with a back like O.J. and bad quarterback play. How lucky we are! :)

I'm not pre-crying over eventually losing Byrd. I was VERY surprised we managed to get Stevie Johnson resigned. I hope to be similarly surprised, but you have to prepare for the worst case scenario and the staff has by picking up more than 1 S.

I actually agree with the OP. The Pats gave up a guy most likely to hurt us for worse players. Don't look know, but the Pats drafts have been so-so lately. BB needs to sign FA Safeties, 'cuz he sure can't draft one.

I actually agree with the OP. The Pats gave up a guy most likely to hurt us for worse players. Don't look know, but the Pats drafts have been so-so lately. BB needs to sign FA Safeties, 'cuz he sure can't draft one.

The Pats care more about getting additional picks then getting good players

Patrick Chung and Brandon Merriweather were both good 2nd round Safety picks, just like Byrd. But they both walked after their rookie contracts, because players only want to play for winners in big cities, and Kraft is cheap. ;)

edit: oops, Meriweather was actually a 1st rounder

Edited by DrDareustein

Patrick Chung and Brandon Merriweather were both good 2nd round Safety picks, just like Byrd. But they both walked after their rookie contracts, because players only want to play for winners in big cities, and Kraft is cheap. ;)

edit: oops, Meriweather was actually a 1st rounder

Meriweather was awful, in my opinion.