Sorry about the down time...

SDS

I blame Invision and myself for trusting them. They supposedly had a way to have all posts in a forum without creating an archive forum to store old posts for performance reasons. Well, that didn't work so well. Jackasses.

I tried to stop Apache and restart, but then it wouldn't. Call tech support and we decided to reboot the server, but they had 2 techs working the same issue and that screwed it up more.

Now here is the kicker. While this is going on - a fiber is cut in WDC area that severs my connection to the server. Not sure if that was an issue or not.

So, they think things are ok, I'm saying the public network to the server is down. Then they are talking about the motherboard being bad... grrrr

Now it appears to be back up. I'll clear the 500,000 posts out of this forum and we should be fine like we had been for years.

What a night.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I blame Invision and myself for trusting them. They supposedly had a way to have all posts in a forum without creating an archive forum to store old posts for performance reasons. Well, that didn't work so well. Jackasses.

I tried to stop Apache and restart, but then it wouldn't. Call tech support and we decided to reboot the server, but they had 2 techs working the same issue and that screwed it up more.

Now here is the kicker. While this is going on - a fiber is cut in WDC area that severs my connection to the server. Not sure if that was an issue or not.

So, they think things are ok, I'm saying the public network to the server is down. Then they are talking about the motherboard being bad... grrrr

Now it appears to be back up. I'll clear the 500,000 posts out of this forum and we should be fine like we had been for years.

What a night.

No worries, thanks for working so hard to get it back up! :thumbsup: