According the Chris Brown........

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, let me say that if you don't know who Chris Brown is and what he does and what he knows then you have no right to call yourself a Bills fan. The guy is in deep.

Secondly, as MMD just posted, the Bills' original plan was to trade down a few slots and THEN take their QB. It was clearly the best plan for several reasons.

However, with the Jets now at #9 and #13 as a result of the Revise trade, they will have to think twice about that. The Jets need a QB almost as much as the Bills do, but who really knows who they like. I expect that they will select a QB with one of those picks as a result.

I think that means that the Bills' hand has been forced into taking a QB at #8. It's going to happen fellas. You can bet the house on it.

Now this is shocking news!!!!!

I wonder which CB it could be ??

Secondly, as MMD just posted, the Bills' original plan was to trade down a few slots and THEN take their QB. It was clearly the best plan for several reasons.

Chris just posted that this morning:

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2013/04/22/moving-back-seems-less-likely/

There is no way they trade out of that pick at 8 if Lane Johnson is there. A successful QB plays behind an offensive line that can protect him. With Johnson and Glenn as bookend tackles protection will be A1. This is the type of protection Kolb and the incoming QB will need to excel. I still think the Bills target QB in this draft is Mike Glennon. He will come in and sit behind Kolb for 1/2 the season unless Kolb has them in playoff contention. Glennon's upside is the best of any QB(IMO) in the draft. He has size (will add bulk with training staff), arm strength, accuracy(drops aren't accounted for), anticipation, and he had many come from behind victories in college. Just a smoke screen!

Edited by the skycap

Let's remember that, during the most-recent coaching search, Chris Brown was relying on national outlets to report updates. All of Schefter, Rapaport, and La Canfora reported Buffalo's hiring of Marrone before Brown, and his initial "report" of it was based on the sources of those three.

Just saying that Brown may not have the same access as he did in previous years.

ITS AMAZING THAT CHRIS BROWN came to this conclusion, WOW what a revelation, friggin buddy said he wanted more picks publicly 8 weks ago.

as for trade down scenarios now,

st louis 1 and 2 for our first ,they pick patterson

carolina 1and 2 for our first they pick lotolei

minn trades both firsts for ours they pick millner

and if you dream there is many more

Revis going to the Bucs has been known for a while. It doesnnt surprise me that if

the Jets were gonna trade him, they too would be in the market for CB.

This makes our #8 to be extremely valuable to someone who would need to jump

the Jets at #9.

It wouldn't suprise me if Nix came out with the A Williams moving to safety "update" j

ust to take advantage of the situation. Somewhat the same as he did for Glenn last year.

We'll see.

Its gonna be interesting thats for sure.

Edited by The Tomcat

Well, if they're publically coming out with their game plan a few days before the draft, does anyone truly believe this is the plan? If you do, then I've own bridges in Brooklyn and Niagara Falls that I will sell you for pennies on the dollar.

Revis going to the Bucs has been known for a while. It wouldn't surprise me that

if the Jets were gonna trade him would be in the market for another CB.

This makes our #8 to be extremely valuable to someone who would need to jump

the Jets.

It wouldn't suprise me if Nix came out with the A Williams "update" just to take advantage

of the situation. Somewhat the same as he did for Glenn last year. We'll see.

Its gonna be interesting thats for sure.

I've thought for a while that someone is going to trade into the top 8 picks to get Milliner if he gets past Detroit at No. 5...the thing is, if he does get past 5, I think it'll be because the top 3 OTs are gone, which means that Arizona will be looking to move down, and likely will end up the landing spot for the team that wants Milliner.

If Buffalo does move down, I think it's more likely that it would be with a team that wants Austin (St. Louis or Minnesota--but I wouldn't expect to get 2 first-round picks for moving down).

ITS AMAZING THAT CHRIS BROWN came to this conclusion, WOW what a revelation, friggin buddy said he wanted more picks publicly 8 weks ago.

What's your point? Brown's not implying that he's tipping the Bills strategy or has some great inside info...only that he's heard the same things we all have.

Funny thing is that Chris just posted this, this morning:

http://blogs.buffalo...ms-less-likely/

This could very well be the case. I would expect Buffalo to pick a Qb with the #8 selection. The Mingo talk coming from their camp could be a smokescreen to target one of the QB's that we desire. Probably Nassib.

Edited by Magox

The Revis deal has pretty much eliminated the trade down strategy to pick a QB later, unless either the Jets use the 13th pick to jump higher than 9 in the first round, or the Bills can move down to no later than 12. The jets will pick a QB with 13 if they keep it.

The Revis deal has pretty much eliminated the trade down strategy to pick a QB later, unless either the Jets use the 13th pick to jump higher than 9 in the first round, or the Bills can move down to no later than 12. The jets will pick a QB with 13 if they keep it.

As eball quoted in another thread, Rich Cimini (who covers the Jets for ESPN New York) was on the SiriusXM NFL channel this morning as I was coming into work; he surmised the Jets will probably go pass rusher at #9 (Mingo), and perhaps Tavon Austin at #13. He didn't mention a packaging of picks to move up, and thought drafting a QB was unlikely.

Your certainty in this regard may be unwarranted.

as for trade down scenarios now,

st louis 1 and 2 for our first ,they pick patterson

carolina 1and 2 for our first they pick lotolei

minn trades both firsts for ours they pick millner

and if you dream there is many more

No one is trading up to the 8th pick to draft Patterson.

Carolina, without a third rounder, isn't trading two picks for Lotulelei.

Minnesota isn't trading two firsts for an unproven CB.

Your "scenarios" are absurd.