According the Chris Brown........

Yea we can totally kick their butts w Kevin kolb/tjax/corp....

Teams who draft qbs.... What a concept.

I don't think that anyone on this board is anti-drafting Qbs. I think that a lot of people are anti-these Qbs. Everyone (at least I think) agrees that the Bills need a franchise QB. A lot of ppl just differ on who that guy is.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't think this even requires i link, nor is it news. i would assume that this is their plan, and i think most do.

the problem is, if the Jets want to do the same thing, it's a bidding war of who will take less... and with the Jets picking lower and with 2, i'd say it's them. best case, someone wants Mingo and fears the Jets take him at 9 and will move up a few spots to get him.

as for just taking the QB at 8, sure of course if they really favor one over the others. but there are many voices and if it's a split decision on 2 or 3 guys with the same grade; ALL of which are graded as 2nd round picks anyway, then why bother at 8? if you really can't decide between say Nassib and Wilson anyway, might as well take the latter AND a first round CB/WR or something, rather than Nassib and a 2nd rd CB/WR

Who's saying they can't decide between Nassib & Wilson? The Bills have inside intel on Nassib that no other team on the planet has. Either way, make no mistake, they have no problem deciding between the two. Their choice is clear.

I don't think that anyone on this board is anti-drafting Qbs. I think that a lot of people are anti-these Qbs. Everyone (at least I think) agrees that the Bills need a franchise QB. A lot of ppl just differ on who that guy is.

Exactly. What's funny is the 'draft a QB, any QB' comments that will eventually morph into..."the Bills can't draft QBs worth $hitt...."

Now this is shocking news!!!!!

LOL........Nine cornerbacks have been drafted by the Bills in the first round since 1967.....The Bills have No Super Bowl Championships...Lets compare this with some of the more successful teams in the NFL

SF 3 total first rd cb's drafted

Dallas 4 total

Pitt 3

NE 4

Hmmmmmmmmmm.....Lets draft another one...... :wallbash:

LOL........Nine cornerbacks have been drafted by the Bills in the first round since 1967.....The Bills have No Super Bowl Championships...Lets compare this with some of the more successful teams in the NFL

SF 3 total first rd cb's drafted

Dallas 4 total

Pitt 3

NE 4

Hmmmmmmmmmm.....Lets draft another one...... :wallbash:

Yes, I'm sure that's the reason...has nothing to do with guys like Brady, Big Ben, Aikman....gotta be that they didn't draft CBs.

EDIT: you do realize that those same Bills that drafted all of those CBs made it to 4 straight Superbowls, right?

Edited by thebandit27

Yes, I'm sure that's the reason...has nothing to do with guys like Brady, Big Ben, Aikman....gotta be that they didn't draft CBs.

EDIT: you do realize that those same Bills that drafted all of those CBs made it to 4 straight Superbowls, right?

While those teams are drafting HOF qbs we are drafting average cbs with the same picks.....Supergenious.......2 of the 3 you mentioned were first rdrs...Thanx for the help......

While those teams are drafting HOF qbs we are drafting average cbs with the same picks.....Supergenious.......2 of the 3 you mentioned were first rdrs...Thanx for the help......

So, in other words, it's because they didn't draft a QB, not because they drafted CBs, which is what you insinuated.

And you're welcome.

So, in other words, it's because they didn't draft a QB, not because they drafted CBs, which is what you insinuated.

And you're welcome.

Since the reference went all the way back to 1967, we should mention Staubach and Bradshaw while we're at it.

Ironically, all the teams listed have drafted some great CBs over the years. Some in the first round, even.

GO BILLS!!!

A "bevy of draft picks" for Tavon Austin? Lots of teams want to trade down in this draft and not many want to trade up. The whole reason the Bills and several other teams want to move down is that there just isn't that much talent at the top of this draft class. And that is precisely why there are not many teams that are at all likely to want to trade up. There is no one worth trading up for. It might happen but the Bills will not know if it is possible until they are on the clock. It is not anything they can count on, its not something they can make happen. I am sure that they are not building their entire draft strategy on the unlikely event that someone wants a guy who was passed up in picks 1 thru 7 so badly that they are going to trade a "bevy of draft picks" for him. I am sure the Bills will be ready for whatever comes their way on draft day and trading down is probably just one of many, many ways they can go.

Pretty sure this was nothing more than fan Friday speculation/spitballing. Chris Brown is not privy to inside info; if he were, he wouldn't be sharing the team's plans.

Intentional leak by the Bills. Trade scenarios are worked out this week prior to draft according to Pat Kirwan.

And you're welcome.

It was in reference to Bill In NYC's comment and his love of the bills drafting cb's in the first round.....I was not insinuating anything other than the Bills draft cb's more than any successful team since the SuperBowl has been the end game..You mentioned the qbs..I just went with your lead...

Great teams dont use theyre top picks on cornerbacks. You dont build your team around a cornerback.....The Bills spend theyre top draft picks on them Which seems to me like they build around them..Maybe im wrong but it doesnt look like it to me...

Suggest we draft Austin in R1 (rather than let someone else have him) so that Kolb has got someone else beside Stevie to throw the ball to. God help us if Stevie goes down injured.

In my view no point having Kolb and a R1 rookie QB if there are no decent Receivers to catch the ball. Perhaps we are playing a 1 WR line up this year? Would be fine if we had 2 Pass catching Tight Ends. Alas we only have Chandler who may not be ready to start the season. The Marrone / Hackett combo will be miracle workers if they can get some decent yardage out of Nassib/Manuel and the current Bills Receiving corp.

I say leave QB this year. We have too many areas to address. Give Kolb a chance with some decent receiving options. If Kolb succeeds then we did not need a R1 QB. If he fails badly then we may get the chance of Johnny Football QB in 2014.

1. I don't think the Jets move has anything to do with who or what Buffalo does: Sanchez is the Jets QB for now, and Rex Ryan needs players, not a QB prospect he may not be around to coach.

2. Buddy had stated previously he believes if you see a QB you like, you DO move up a round if needed: i.e.: REACH.

3. The Bills aren't going anywhere this year, again, and it looks like they are trying to buy themselves some time via the Kolb pickup.

4. Trading down this year would make a lot of sense, and be a smart draft day move, which is why it won't happen.

IMO

rayray808. I never said or even privately considered that Barkley was a good choice either last year or this year. I wanted Kellen Moore as a low end draft pick as a development prospect last year but he is now 3rd string at Detroit. I still say go with Kolb and surround him with some quality talent from the draft. We may need 2 good WR's plus a TE from the draft. Even Tom Brady would struggle with our present receiving corp.