WR Wonderlic Scores

Some guys did terrible. My favorite Robert Woods looks good. According to the score, Tavon Austin is illiterate. These scores probably don't mean as much for WRs as it does for QBs but its still fun to see how these guys do.

Eric Galko

@OptimumScouting

From the @BobMcGinn article, Wonderlic scores from WRs: C.Patterson (11), T.Austin (7), K.Allen (19), R,Woods (23), J.Hunter (12).

https://mobile.twitter.com/OptimumScouting/status/324910201012645888

Edited by Bangarang

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy chit...maybe my 7 yr old daughter has a "Leapster" program they can borrow. Those are some dreadful scores.

Yea, anything even bordering on single digits amounts to filling random bubbles on the sheet.

Sadly, those are not uncommon scores.

Meaningless for WR for the not part, se with RBs. Look up the historical scores, they'll prove it. I'll take a dumb WR anyday... Moss had a 12 and AJ green a 10.

You won't find a Super Bowl winner with a Wonderlic less than I think 15 (Bradshaw) with the next lowest I found being Favre with like a 22.

There's a highly positive correlation between playoff and Super Bowl wins and higher wonderlics for QB...

Meaningless for WR for the not part, se with RBs. Look up the historical scores, they'll prove it. I'll take a dumb WR anyday... Moss had a 12 and AJ green a 10.

You won't find a Super Bowl winner with a Wonderlic less than I think 15 (Bradshaw) with the next lowest I found being Favre with like a 22.

There's a highly positive correlation between playoff and Super Bowl wins and higher wonderlics for QB...

Still though, it is somewhat disheartening to think these guys went to good colleges and can only pull a 10 on this test...did they attend class at all such that their brains had a basic workout in the last 3-4 years??

Yea, anything even bordering on single digits amounts to filling random bubbles on the sheet.

Sadly, those are not uncommon scores.

Woods and Allen are more well spoken and went to Cal and USC... and scored much higher than the articulately challenged Patterson and Austin from Tenn and West Virgina. Shocking.

Edited by Brainiac21

at the very least, knowing hes illiterate before you bring him into camp might help you with the transition and teaching process.

At the draft luncheon they did make a point of saying the Bills coaches wanted smart players... so not a stretch to say it could be a factor. It was also reported that Patterson did not interview well, which could reflect this low score. I really don't think anyone but Hunter was truly a likely candidate for the Bills anyway. A 12 might not scare them off of him, at least in round 2, since he reportedly has solid character.

Wonderlic scores? WGAS? Can the guy play or not?

Todd McShay said this morning on Mike&Mike that Patterson has fallen down the draft board because he has a tough time recognizing where to go in certain defensive alignments or in blitzing situations...not that McShay is a super reliable source, but this is what he heard from other GM's. I guess the Wonderlic is supposed to gauge a players ability to analyze and respond quickly. In Patterson's case, it may reflect the truth. He's not a quick learner.

what was TJ Grahams? I'm trying to figure out how smart you need to be to know to run IN FRONT of the safeties on a slant pattern in the endzone

So that it would have been well over his head, and even further behind him? It's a read/judgement call... he nobly took the blame, but looked like a horrible throw no matter what. Graham sounds pretty smarty, bet he got a 20 or more.

So that it would have been well over his head, and even further behind him? It's a read/judgement call... he nobly took the blame, but looked like a horrible throw no matter what. Graham sounds pretty smarty, bet he got a 20 or more.

If he ran in front of the safety then it was a TD. Because he didn't the safety stepped in front and it was an INT. TJ's response after the game was "that's probably why I don't play very much." He doesn't sound that smart to me. He should stick to track and field

what was TJ Grahams? I'm trying to figure out how smart you need to be to know to run IN FRONT of the safeties on a slant pattern in the endzone

Apparently he's not as smart as fritz.....the guy who threw the ball to the guy not in position.

Hence Kelly and Marino.

I'm guessing that these WRs looked at that test and doodled on the answer sheet because they know that after that entire process of the combine, interviews and pro days, no team is gong to make any decision where to take them based on those test results.

Edited by Mr. WEO