Schedule release set for 8 PM

I'm just hoping the New Orleans game is not around a major holiday.

Same here. Have a good buddy from the south that had moved to Ohio to work for the last few years. He's been a Saints fan all his life but we brought him to the Ralph for a game a few years ago and he got hooked. Got season tix with our group the last 2 years before he moved back south. The Bills have clearly become his #2 team but he's still a saints fan at heart so we've had this game circled for a while now. Got a big group potentially heading down so really hoping it fall on a good week.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the NFL Network have a whole prime time show for the sched rollout?

Yup. They did it last year as well. Kind of drags on, but if you go online I think you can see the whole thing after 8 p.m. without waiting for the entire show.

I used to look forward to the schedule release and the planning then for my trip up to Buffalo to meet family members at the Ralph for a game. That excitment has been taken from me with the Bill' organization poor decisions of the past few years. I still get the Sunday Ticket to watch the games, and I hope the bills make a positive move to bring me back to the stadium, but for now I am a viewer, not an attendee.

Does the NFL Network have a whole prime time show for the sched rollout?

Yes, they are pre-empting their 200th re-broadcast of the "Immacualate Reception" special, and a "Top Ten Ankle Tape Jobs Of All-time"....

you heard right.....originally it was reported to be today (not officially by the NFL but it was scheduled on the NFL Channel). Yesterday, the NFL said "oops" and hinted it might take another 1-2 weeks. Then suddenly, something burped and ta-daa! Thursday.

Funny is, they do this every year...it is obviously done for a reason...I just can't figure out what that reason is. Create a buzz? I suppose.

As one who works on Thursday nights, this, along with the first round of the draft (especially that) being bumped to Thursday nights, not to mention the full slate of Thursday night regular season games is just a bummer. For about 10 years, me and some friends would get toghether on Saturdays for the NFL draft early rounds...but no longer. :thumbdown: to the NFL and their cleverness!

Please. No thursday night, sunday night, or monday night game. This team is, and has been an embarassment for 13 years. The Bills need to legitimately earn the right to be on prime time. Right now they've done nothing to deserve being elevated to a prime time game.

IMO, The night games are embarassing. The drunks are 100x as bad. It no longer becomes about the game, but about how early and how much can you drink before the game starts.

Yes, they are pre-empting their 200th re-broadcast of the "Immacualate Reception" special, and a "Top Ten Ankle Tape Jobs Of All-time"....

Funny is, they do this every year...it is obviously done for a reason...I just can't figure out what that reason is. Create a buzz? I suppose.

As one who works on Thursday nights, this, along with the first round of the draft (especially that) being bumped to Thursday nights, not to mention the full slate of Thursday night regular season games is just a bummer. For about 10 years, me and some friends would get toghether on Saturdays for the NFL draft early rounds...but no longer. :thumbdown: to the NFL and their cleverness!

I hear ya on this. For years the first day of the draft was one of my favorite days of the year. 7 or 8 of my friends would go golfing early morning , get back to my place around 11 or so. We would get a keg, grill all day, play cards, bet on the NBAplayoffs/NHL playoffs/MLB & have the draft on one of the TV's. Now that they changed it to Thursday, we don't even get together this weekend. Thanks for ruining draft day Goodell, oh ; BTW FU.

Edited by Gordio

All go to make the opener! Need to figure out the tickets. I'll give up a cow for tickets.

was just gonna say ill get you tix when opening day opens for them. Let me know if you need someone to get them for you. I am not sure if I accept cow as payment though.

agreed 100%. draft was waaaayyy more fun back then. i can't believe some still think this is a good idea or that they make more money this way. i mean i guess they do, but it is so lame... you wait a year and that first days is just 1 round. on a thursday when it's unlikely to be a social event. just not enough. then 2nd and 3rd on a friday.. okay, but 2 less great rounds is still weak. then the scrubs on last day is kinda anticlimactic for sitting down on saturday an making a real event out of it.

saturday, rounds 1-3... that was awesome. best day of the year.

Got a big group potentially heading down so really hoping it fall on a good week.

Not sure if you saw my post in another thread earlier this week, but the Saints home games are completely sold out via season tickets. Might be tough for a big group to get tickets via secondary market all together.

was just gonna say ill get you tix when opening day opens for them. Let me know if you need someone to get them for you. I am not sure if I accept cow as payment though.

Never said it would be alive. Who don't like steaks? :wacko:

Not sure if you saw my post in another thread earlier this week, but the Saints home games are completely sold out via season tickets. Might be tough for a big group to get tickets via secondary market all together.

Yeah I did see that thanks for the heads up. By big I mean like 10-14ish. If we can't be exactly together no biggie but will obviously try and group them as close together as possible.

Yeah I did see that thanks for the heads up. By big I mean like 10-14ish. If we can't be exactly together no biggie but will obviously try and group them as close together as possible.

Tickets wont be too hard to come by. You may not all be together but you wont have any issue getting tickets.

QFT. If you don't already have tickets lined up, expect to pay through the nose through the secondary market.

PTR

QFT. If you don't already have tickets lined up, expect to pay through the nose through the secondary market.

PTR

You will find them as low as $50-$60 upstairs and $100-$150 downstairs. I do it 3-4 times a year when they do not play at the same time as the Bills.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

You will find them as low as $50-$60 upstairs and $100-$150 downstairs. I do it 3-4 times a year when they do not play at the same time as the Bills.

Ill say those would likely be very non-premium (some downstairs are under an overhang where you can't see punts/kickoffs for instance) or dumb luck catching the cheapest that happen to pop up on a good day - if your grouping together, and want good seats you'll pay a bit more. Not crazy amounts more, but if budgeting I'd tack a few bucks on top of those.

Any questions about sections etc... Ask. I'm a season ticket holder, Kirby apparently goes to games and I know some lurkers that may chime in.