Eugene Cyril "Geno" Smith III - QB - West Virginia

Found this comment on Geno today. Reading this are you still wanting him to come to the Bills??

This is just a small sample of Pro Football Weekly's scouting report on Geno Smith, in their NFL Draft Preview book: Average field vision, Nonchalant field presense, has pin legs and bad pocket posture, does not command respect from his teammates, cannot inspire, Mild practice demeanor - no urgency, Interviewed poorly at the combine and did not show an understanding of concepts on the white board, needed to be coddled in college, cannot handle hard coaching, overhyped product of the system, could drain energy from a QB room. -Nolan Nawrocki, Pro Football Weekly

This makes me NOT want him.

Thoughts?

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scouts are never wrong. Especially ones who have never worked a second for a NFL team. Especially one who slammed Cam Newton before his draft. If anything given the source, it makes me want Geno Smith more.

Interesting point but still that not what you want to see in a franchise QB

He made a lot of the same judgments on Newton and never talked to him before.

Scouts are never wrong. Especially ones who have never worked a second for a NFL team. Especially one who slammed Cam Newton before his draft. If anything given the source, it makes me want Geno Smith more.

why? would you want Cam Newton?

FWIW, Same guy was killing Cam Newton

That may be true, but some of these criticisms are the same ones he used against Newton, most of which have not been proven wrong yet.

Nah, that dude sucks. Total bust.

khcfelL.gif

Here is what he said about Cam:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/03/29/cam-newton-scouting-report

Praised his ability and trashed his personality. Cam's leadership was called out publicly last season.

23, nearly 8,000 yards passing, nearly 1,500 yards rushing, 62 combined tds, plays on a team with one of the worst defenses, & the Panthers were one of the hottest teams to end the season.

That Nolan dude was so right. I'd hate to get a player like that on the Bills.

Cam Newton isn't exactly leading his team to playoff appearances. All of the criticisms of him prior to being drafted still remain relevant.

Great point. All W and Ls are solely on one player. Drew Breea is clearly the reason the Saints didn't make the playoffs. It is Geno Smiths fault his defense gave up 35 points per game. He sucks at tackling from the sideline.

This isn't the first major criticism of Geno Smith. Obviously scouts are wrong all the time, but the specific critiques on him are disconcerting.

Through watching a few interviews of him, I do sense a possible personality quirk with Geno Smith like there was with McNabb and still is to some extent with Newton. There's almost an aire of him being a little too sensitive for the job of franchise QB. I'll be happy if he's the pick, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't have concerns about Smith's personality.

Through watching a few interviews of him, I do sense a possible personality quirk with Geno Smith like there was with McNabb and still is to some extent with Newton. There's almost an aire of him being a little too sensitive for the job of franchise QB. I'll be happy if he's the pick, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't have concerns about Smith's personality.

. You forgot to add warren moon & Randall Cunningham.