Zebrie Sanders at Guard?

Fredo G.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok somebody please review for me - what happened with Zebrie last year? was he hurt?

I remember thinking he looked really good on the Combine workout but that is really my last memory

IR. We all thought at the time it was a bit of a smokescreen, but apparently he had a torn labrum on his r hip followed by the same on the l side caused by over-compensating.

So if he's really repaired, there could be something there.

You don't move an emerging top talent from T to G, because you have a hole. You let Cordy continue his development to becoming a top LT. You find a guard at a mid round in the draft or pick up what's available on waivers, or yes consider putting sanders there. He still is the back-up at LT if Cordy gets hurt. Either way, we need another lineman on top of Sanders for depth. Look how many guys were hurt at some point in the season.

I'm pretty sure we will take a tackle in the middle rounds that can start out at guard. Maybe a guy that could also cover the center position. We obviously need to go QB and WR early and there are good TE prospects into the 3-4th rd. LB is also a need and probably will be addressed after rd. 2 Pugh is a good prospect and obviously well known by our staff but may not make it out of Rd. 2. I wish we had an extra couple picks from rd 2-4 since it's a pretty deep draft class at positions of need.

I hope we trade down and select Manuel. I like him in a no huddle/up tempo offense, plenty of arm strength and better accuracy than Geno. Also can run and seems to have good pocket awareness. Besides, who else could we draft that would complete the "Js"?

EJ hand off to CJ.....65 yd TD!

EJ tosses to FJ out of the backfield... 45 yd score!

EJ throws to SJ across the middle...Score!

EJ throws deep to TJ...Touchdown!

I hope we trade down and select Manuel. I like him in a no huddle/up tempo offense, plenty of arm strength and better accuracy than Geno. Also can run and seems to have good pocket awareness. Besides, who else could we draft that would complete the "Js"?

AND, EJ is Bruce Smith's Godson.

Agree with many posters that the OL is a strength on this team. Don't start messing with it by moving too many guys around for goodness sakes.

Was a strength....the best guy just left town.

I'm not bitching as 8M is a lot for a guard, but now the Bills have an injury prone center, a promising LT, and average RG and 2 giant question marks. OL is NOT a strength of this team and is 1 injury away from being a major weakness.

I'm pretty sure we will take a tackle in the middle rounds that can start out at guard. Maybe a guy that could also cover the center position. We obviously need to go QB and WR early and there are good TE prospects into the 3-4th rd. LB is also a need and probably will be addressed after rd. 2 Pugh is a good prospect and obviously well known by our staff but may not make it out of Rd. 2. I wish we had an extra couple picks from rd 2-4 since it's a pretty deep draft class at positions of need.

you do realize that many fans of this team drink during the games, right? this might be more than some of us could take. not to mention the problems with heckling and yelling at the post game guys on wgr.

You don't move an emerging top talent from T to G, because you have a hole. You let Cordy continue his development to becoming a top LT. You find a guard at a mid round in the draft or pick up what's available on waivers, or yes consider putting sanders there. He still is the back-up at LT if Cordy gets hurt. Either way, we need another lineman on top of Sanders for depth. Look how many guys were hurt at some point in the season.

Ricky Wagner in the 5th, played LT at wisc, better suited for RT or guard, true sleeper.

Furthermore, in the Deadspin interview Buddy said "we're set at tackle." I doubt he was playing possum although it's possible.

If you're talking about the pirated conversation with the Tampa GM, Buddy and Dominick were floating potential trades. Dominick wanted to move one of their tackles, and Buddy wasn't interested in trading for him. That doesn't mean he'd have no interest in drafting one, especially if a viable top-five prospect slid and represented the best talent available on the board.

I agree that Marrone will plug someone in. Besides, I doubt Joeckel or Fisher will be there anyway. And while Glenn is doing well, he's not as good as either at T but he's a better G then either.

Agree on both counts. Glenn played admirably last year, and I don't think he creates a need at Tackle, but if the talent evaluators see someone who projects better at the position (a true blue-chip prospect and a potential Pro Bowl-caliber player), then I think we'd be wise to take him and kick Glenn inside to G (where most scouts projected he'd play at the highest level). After the injuries we've suffered along the line these past couple of years, and losing our most durable lineman, I don't think we'd hurt ourselves getting deeper and more talented in the trenches.

I think people are underselling Pears and Hairston; especially Hairston. I thought he actually did okay at LT when he had to play. I think he'll be rather good at RT when he gets his shot this summer. With Hairston starting at RT, and Pears backing him up, and Cordy playing LT, with Sanders backing him up, we ARE set at the Tackle spot. What we need is a true G, and a capable backup to both the C and G spots.

I don't know how it works when switching from tackle to guard - if either Pears or Sanders CAN do it WELL, then I'm all for that. However, if there are better options in the draft - and I know there is still Moore out there from the Jets, then it'd be better probably to go that route. My guess is the Bills are waiting until after the draft, to see whether they get a Guard they might like, and if they don't then they'll pursue Moore.

I think people are underselling Pears and Hairston; especially Hairston. I thought he actually did okay at LT when he had to play. I think he'll be rather good at RT when he gets his shot this summer. With Hairston starting at RT, and Pears backing him up, and Cordy playing LT, with Sanders backing him up, we ARE set at the Tackle spot. What we need is a true G, and a capable backup to both the C and G spots.

I don't know how it works when switching from tackle to guard - if either Pears or Sanders CAN do it WELL, then I'm all for that. However, if there are better options in the draft - and I know there is still Moore out there from the Jets, then it'd be better probably to go that route. My guess is the Bills are waiting until after the draft, to see whether they get a Guard they might like, and if they don't then they'll pursue Moore.

I can't see Pears sliding inside. I like him and think he's shown some flashes but he just doesn't play with enough leverage on the outside as it is and his pad level will be so much more important inside. I haven't seen enough of Sanders to form an opinion of him at G one way or the other. There's a bit more to it than just assuming any T can slide inside to a less athletic position, that's for sure.

GO BILLS!!!

...Shades of Upshaw and Shell.

GO BILLS!!!

OMG...Comparing a 2nd year OT, and a yet to be determined rookie to two ALL-TIME NFL GREATS? I don't care what "shade" you are using, the comparison isn't even in the same universe. :lol:

Edited by LabattBlue