2011 Draft Redo

judman

The 2009 draft redo is worse. Elliot Harrison from NFL.com has us taking Orakpo instead of Maybin. Many of us wanted Orakpo in that draft.

Dareus is a fine player, but I'd rather have the QB (Kaepernick) than the pass-rusher (Orakpo).

To everyone on this board who says "hey that's in the past" or "time to move on" every time one of us looks at previous drafts and says WHAT IF, please hear my plea:

1. We talk plenty about the current state of the team and future picks. 95% percent or more it's all we talk about.

2. The current state of our team can get boring, (especially OUR team's current state)

3. Some of us enjoy the What If Scenario's for the same reason some of like to think of how our lives would be different if we married that ex girlfriend, chose a different career or invented a time machine to go back and tell Norwood to aim a tad left.

4. Revisiting drafts is intriguing. Why did everyone (including Seattle) pass on Russel Wilson those first two rounds, what did Buddy see in TJ Graham that he liked better than Wilson's potential, what would our team look like if we took AJ Green and Kap instead of Dareus and Aaron Williams.

I like thinking about those scenarios. The ability to judge college talent and how it will translate to NFL is probably the hardest thing in all of sports. Sometimes the very best player in the country won't even have a job in two years. Its interesting.

Don't worry, the front office is focused on the future. If you insist on doing the same then don't click on the links that discuss previous drafts.

I'm not even going to read this. I'm sure it will just make me mad. Every draft for as long as I can remember I end up flipping out and throwing something. Then I try and calm down and think well the guys at OBD do this for a living so surely they see something the rest of us don't see and their pick is going to pan out. Silly me...

The 2009 draft redo is worse. Elliot Harrison from NFL.com has us taking Orakpo instead of Maybin. Many of us wanted Orakpo in that draft.

I was screaming at the TV when they didn't announce orakpo. Would have been nice to have him with Mario, Darues and Kyle