For the love of God, trade down!

cosmo

What leads you to believe it is a weak draft? There's some position that are considered to have the best prospects at those positions in years.

im not disagreeing with you at all here. Maybe I should have stated that. I was simply (for the sake of the OP and for everyone that says "it's a weak draft") stating the fact that IF it is a weak draft, then there will probably be more moves than usual, because teams won't want to miss out on the few guys they believe should be drafted early. Edited by mrags

Who would entice a team to trade up to 8th? I'd suggest that one of the trio of OLT's would be coveted by some teams, namely San Diego and Miami. Never, and I mean NEVER trade with the Dolphins, so the Chargers become the team to lure in. If we drop from 8th to 11th in this draft, it makes it possible to reach for the top TE, Eifert or to fill the OLG position with either Warmack or Cooper. Grab the OLB with the second rounder the Chargers cough up, and select QB in round two also.

From what I have read about this year's prospects I can gather that this draft is definitely low (like zero) on superstar talent and crazy deep in second tier talent. Kinda like three rounds worth of 2nd round level guys so, given our current roster I sincerely hope that the FO trades down from #8 if they can get a decent offer. I don't know that I would even want the #1 overall pick, I guess you could grab one of the stud tackles but I would much rather be in SF's position of having three picks between #31 and #74.

But I ask you TBD posters, are there any players that could legitimately still be there at #8 who would be worthy of being taken that high? If we do stand pat and pick someone there, one thing's for sure - there will be tons of people freaking out on these boards about it haha.

Yes they play offensive guard and tackle.

Kind of blows the theory that the Bills should lose out for a higher pick.

I understand the concept in last years draft with Andrew Luck but the fans that do this EVERY YEAR are CRAZY

My guess is we go for Milliner or Trufant at CB first although Mel Kiper says were going to take the OG Jonathan Cooper. I can't see us going with a guard first, but we'll see. No one is going to help us trade down. I think CB as Pettine's defense relies on awesome CB's. His history is to have serviceable ILB's, an excellent pass rush, and great cover corners. You need someone opposite Gilmore and it's not McKelvin.

Then we go for a QB in the second round. I'm hoping for Manuel. Outside of Geno Smith, there might not be another QB taken in the first round, so several options available in round two.

*Sigh*

So if what you say is true about the draft, what would motivate ANY team to want to trade up? I'm all for trading down, but you have to have someone that wants to trade up. It's not just as simple as deciding to do so.

+1. trading down will not happen much if at all this year. takes two to tango

Here's the 3 players that I expect to be there when we pick. DE Ezekiel Ansah, CB Dee Milliner and DT Star Lotulelei. I listed them in my want/need order. If we get real lucky maybe Dion Jordan slides to us but I don't think so. If he did that's who I want Buffalo to take. Other than them 4 right there Buffalo would be better served to trade down IMO.

Millner will be gone IMO.

Admittedly, I get frustrated with the trade down talk every year.

The fact of the matter is that teams are picking in the top 10 for a reason--they aren't good. The Bills are in a position to get a very, very good football player with the 8th pick, so why put that in jeopardy by moving down?

The absolute worst case scenario, IMO, is that the following guys are gone:

Joeckel

G. Smith

Floyd

Fischer

Jordan

Ansah

L. Johnson

If that's the case, Buffalo has their pick of guys like Milliner, Warmack, Mingo, or J. Jones. Don't pass that chance up...take the guy you like best and get a QB in round 2.

i never buy this notion you can;t find someone to trade with. i think it's much more that you can't find someone to give you want you want. ESPECIALLY now with the rookie wage scale. who wouldn't want their pick before the better players get filtered out? the Bills can trade down... it's just a matter of getting enough to make it worth it to them. maybe they want a team's 2nd to move down 5 spots and only offered a 3rd.

as for who could be there, there will be good players there someone wants more than us. i'm not sure the value for the BILLS is there because of their 2 primary needs... QB and WR. none seem so great as to be worth the #8. but what about teams needing a 4-3 DE? could be great value there. or teams that value OG more than us? maybe a team loves a DB like Vaccarro or Rhodes but we don't want to risk losing our QB so aren't going to take a DB that high?

i think there will be opportunities, or at least potential to trade down, based on OUR needs vs. other teams.