Steve Johnson's interesting tweet.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw his tweet yesterday and was gonna post it. I love it. Stevie speaks his mind and is clearly fed up with the smack down the Pats lay on us each year. We need more swag like that on this team.

Im sick and tired of all the feel good stories and loveable loser mentality thats been the Bills of late.

Yeah, but change the smack down by changing the culture and beating the cr*p out of the Pats ourselves, don't pray for them to be smited by foreign powers.

LOL, saw this earlier. Love it. Hilarious. No one should have a problem with this.

Exactly.

People who have a problem with his perfectly fine joke are the ones who need to get some maturity.

If you were Coach Marrone, and you were aware of this recurring pattern of behavior, would you care?

Let's not debate whether said pattern exists, for the sake of the hypothetical, let's assume it did...

Recurring pattern of WHAT behavior? Being genuiinely funny? Heaven forbid.

PS - the Plaxico leg-shot move was hilarious too - and Plaxico would have been the first to say it's nothing more than he (Plaxico) deserved for being an idiot (and shooting himself) - except he was too much the idiot to know to say it!!

Edited by BobChalmers

As a Pats fan I found the comment stupid. I wasn't offended by it just thought it was a dumb thing to say is all.

That's because it was stupid.

SJ should concentrate on both the Bills and himself becoming relevant instead of trying to be a terrible comedian.

Hardly worth getting upset over. Though most thinking Bills fans might feel a little embarassed.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I did not find it to be that offensive, he should be careful what he says on twitter, since he is in the public eye but I have said some pretty nasty things about the Pats too might as well include the Dolphins in there too

Edited by BillsfanAlberta

Brad Smith is not a full time NFL QB or even a back-up QB, and never should be thought of one. A 3rd QB or emergency QB he is fine.

I would not doubt, however, that Marrone and Hackett devise a package for him to play QB for a series or two, and run some type of Read Option/Wildcat with Spiller and maybe Fred together that mostly ran, but threw it maybe 20% of the time. That is where, IMO, he could be very effective. Chan really blew it with Smith.

It still confuses me as to why he was primarily in the qb room for practice/film, and almost never taking the snaps on the field. I get the injuries at WR but.... We were never that solid at WR and that should've been known on August when they had him reading safeties from the pocket instead of running routes.

I'm wondering how many WNYers don't find fault with this versus us out-of-towners who take enough grief about our lousy team as is.

I live so far away from WNY, the sad thing living out here is the only time I get Bills news in main stream media is when a player does something wrong, the Bills do something wrong or questionable in the eyes of the media, lots of talk on NFL AM this morning about Kolb being a bad buy.. or if the BIlls go on a really big winning streak, hey BIlls new is Bills news. I am made fun of all the time by my choice in the BIlls, but I don't care what the rest of em think

Edited by BillsfanAlberta

I'm sure the good citizens of the DPRK would be pissed with SJ if only they had twitter, internet access, freedom of speech and sufficient caloric intake to muster anger.

Uh, won't that indirectly incentivize stupidity for some? It will be like Jersey Shore or The Real Housewives of (Pick a city), reinforcing bad behavior through recognition.

In addition to the ability to understand the English language (which I'm sure some do) and some reason to care where Foxboro, MA even is.

you apparently have a personal hatred for Stevie Johnson. Did he bang your wife or something?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm wondering how many WNYers don't find fault with this versus us out-of-towners who take enough grief about our lousy team as is.

This tweet didn't register on the Richter Scale here in the Bay Area.

And Stevie's from San Francisco.

I'm guessing that while a few (2?) national media outlets picked this up that it's basically a non-story outside of Bills Nation.

People offended by this tweet are communists.

I don't find fault with it. Nor do I take much grief. I get a lot of "oh, yeah, they still have a team there? They used to be good awhile ago, right?" "Didn't they win a Super Bowl?" The last one I actually kind of appreciate.

Honestly, it's a whole lot of nothing. If I really thought it was affecting Stevie's play, I'd get more upset. But there are enough hours in the day to goof around and be oneself and still do the job well.

Stevie is never going to be Jerry Rice, or the WR equivalent of Barry Sanders, and that's totally OK.

Though most thinking Bills fans might feel a little embarassed.

It was funny. Remove the stick from your internal compartment and laugh. Obviously N Korea couldn't hit the US. Why am I explaining humor? I could care less about some Pats fan who gets upset when their team makes the playoffs almost every year for a decade. Boo hoo. Eat a clam. Park a car in a car park. Go to a Red Sox game and remember that short time when America felt sorry for your snakebitten baseball team, then as a reward, had the privilege to watch Red Sox nation transform from the most humble and devoted fans into the biggest jerks, rivaling even Yankees fans.

Edited by benderbender

bah people have said worse on here. he probably should've said something more respectful to the pats. probably should've shown he has no competitive bone in his body. and since he's been the best wr statistically for the last few years he should probably be cut because he has a twitter account and he's not that good. oh wait....no. there's an overreaction on here to everything he does. relax its not football season yet. there are better things to get excited about, like the qb situation, the draft, rob johnson, you get it.