Steve Johnson's interesting tweet.

North Korea doesn't have a missile capable of reaching the U.S. Mainland but they can hit South Korea and we have nearly 30,000 of our troops there.

That's WhySoSerious.

That is serious. His comment wasn't.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills already blew up the WR corp, do you honestly think Marrone is going to come in here and right away start putting up with BS?

I don't...

So you're really saying that (a) Marrone is going to cut Stevie, and (b) he's worried about a twitter joke in April?

Just want to make sure I understand before I respond...

So you're really saying that (a) Marrone is going to cut Stevie, and (b) he's worried about a twitter joke in April?

Just want to make sure I understand before I respond...

lol, No,

I said he could, didn't say he would

That is serious. His comment wasn't.

I realize SJ probably didn't think this would get blown all out of proportion,(again no pun intended) I know he meant no harm, but thats the problem,

SJ doesn't think...

Edited by dog14787

2 seasons ago, yes. Since he's signed his new contract? No.

And your statement appears to confirm that you do not have any belief that this most recent tweet has any relevant effect on this team, right now. You can only point to incidents that occurred as recently as January 1, 2012.

You cannot honestly believe that...there's just no way.

The absolute most that would happen would be Marrone pulling Stevie aside and saying "hey, kid, cut the twitter antics, ok?"

I can't think of one time in the past year his antics cost the team anything. Are we still complaining about 2 years ago?

And so long as he displays the same immature behavior, there's evidence to suggest he still has the potential for the same on-field boneheadedness we've seen before. So long we agree that his antics are--at the very least--tangentially related to some of his on-field blunders (and btw, lord knows how he's received in the locker room and in practice, so in that sense, we're all giving him the benefit of the doubt that it's strictly tied to game behavior), then as long as the antics persist, so too might the dumb **** when it counts.

Mr. X is a problem drinker. He's gotten drunk a bunch of time and wrecked his car. Mr. X hasn't wrecked his car in awhile, but he still drinks like a fish. Mr. X is your best friend, are you completely fine with his drinking habits, knowing full well he still drives as much as he used to?

Well, he could do a lot of things. He could cut Mario Williams or C.J. Spiller, but just like Johnson, he's not going to.

Because this whole April twitter joke thing is a non-issue.

You can't speak for the Buffalo Bills, no more then I can,

Even though we both may attempt to from time to time, hehe

And so long as he displays the same immature behavior, there's evidence to suggest he still has the potential for the same on-field boneheadedness we've seen before. So long we agree that his antics are--at the very least--tangentially related to some of his on-field blunders (and btw, lord knows how he's received in the locker room and in practice, so in that sense, we're all giving him the benefit of the doubt that it's strictly tied to game behavior), then as long as the antics persist, so too might the dumb **** when it counts.

Mr. X is a problem drinker. He's gotten drunk a bunch of time and wrecked his car. Mr. X hasn't wrecked his car in awhile, but he still drinks like a fish. Mr. X is your best friend, are you completely fine with his drinking habits, knowing full well he still drives as much as he used to?

Wrong...using your rather ill-fated, much more serious comparison:

- Mr. X has had multiple DUIs in the past, but none in the last 15 months

- Aside from 2 incidents involving poor decision-making while intoxicated, Mr. X has never had an alcohol-related incident; to your knowledge he only drinks a few times per year

- You've seen Mr. X have a beer recently; he was neither driving nor working at the time

I have no problem with Mr. X having a beer on his time off

Edited by thebandit27

Wrong...using your rather ill-fated, much more serious comparison:

- Mr. X has had multiple DUIs in the past, but none in the last 15 months

- You've seen Mr. X have a beer recently; he was neither driving nor working at the time

I have no problem with Mr. X having a beer on his time off

hahahah, you can't just change a hypothetical! Jesus, this is like arguing with my wife!

You can't speak for the Buffalo Bills, no more then I can,

Even though we both may attempt to from time to time, hehe

No we cannot...although I think it's quite rational to say that the chances of Stevie being cut are very, very, very small (i.e. less than 0.1%)

hahahah, you can't just change a hypothetical! Jesus, this is like arguing with my wife!

Um, yes you can when it's not corollary...I can now assume that your wife is the logical one?

Stevie's like an alcoholic? :w00t: Geez this getting out there.

Some people will go to any extreme to make an issue out of things...

No we cannot...although I think it's quite rational to say that the chances of Stevie being cut are very, very, very small (i.e. less than 0.1%)

Do you remember when Stevie dressed up like Chan for Halloween and Chan's reaction was...less than enthusiastic?

Methinks Stevie really knows how to get under his coach's skin. There's no chance Marrone cuts him between now and Christmas, and may be Marrone's style will force the guy to wise up a bit. To a man, all the players present at OTA's have marveled at the change of "tone" and "tempo" at OBD. Perhaps it's an envelope Stevie knows not to push...

If Belicheck said this about WNY "joking", Bills Mafia would be planning a hit. Lol. Lets not be hypocritical. This was a stupid tweet and another in the long list of boneheaded moves SJ has made. I used to tell myself that he would eventually grow up, but i think hes actually growing down instead.

If the roles were truly reversed and the Bills OWNED the Pats for the last decade and managed to win three Super Bowls* and appear in two others all the time being a media darling despite having a roster filled with douches, then I would TOTALLY understand if Belichek made that same joke. I would categorize that under "Haters gonna hate".

As for the rest of you making a big deal of this...good gravy...give your heads a shake.

Do you remember when Stevie dressed up like Chan for Halloween and Chan's reaction was...less than enthusiastic?

Methinks Stevie really knows how to get under his coach's skin. There's no chance Marrone cuts him between now and Christmas, and may be Marrone's style will force the guy to wise up a bit. To a man, all the players present at OTA's have marveled at the change of "tone" and "tempo" at OBD. Perhaps it's an envelope Stevie knows not to push...

So you are assuming based on a PERCEIVED reaction from Chan that Stevie "gets under a coaches skin"? This, despite Stevie gushing about Chan the day he was relieved of his job...

What is this...I don't even....? What...? It's a post from Big Cat. Oh...never mind.

I don't know, sounds a little over the top to be this harsh on players because they show "evidence" that they have "potential" to do an antic on the field that will cost the team, even though said player did nothing like that on the field last year. I think going a whole season without any of these antics affecting the team, re-sigining with the team when he could have gone elsewhere for more money (most likely), publically supporting the team and the city, being one of the few players that actually perform on the field, has shown to get gradually better each year, hasn't missed a game, and played through a groin injury and still played hard....

for a guy that appears to be part of the solution and not part of the problem, people here are pretty quick to run him out of town because he could "potentially" do something on the field that would result in a penalty. People are free of course to bash him and run him out of town if they wish, whether it is because the tweet was offensive or if people truly believe that cutting stevie is worth it just because there is a chance he could do something stupid to draw a 10 yard penalty, and that 10 yard penalty would cost us a game, people are more than welcome to believe it.

I am sorry, I just don't see how this tweet is "evidence" that he is going to do something stupid on the field. I plan on doing something stupid this weekend. Doesn't mean I am going to do something stupid on monday when I clock in at the office.

Edited by DanInUticaTampa

North Korea, which starves its own people and forces them to live a prison-like existence, has to photoshop its own pictures to make it look like they have more than one boat. The leader, who forces people to worship him and call him names like "Glorious Leader," recently had Dennis Rodman over to ask him to ask President Obama to hit him up on the phone. The country's recent saber rattling is a joke in itself.

Good grief, some of y'all needs to get a grip* ... or get bombed by North Korea**

*For people who don't understand humor: It was a joke. On twitter. And a harmless one at that. Equivalent to the hundreds of jokes told everyday, on Twitter, on TV, in real life. I'm not saying it was the best joke ever told. Or even that good. But it wasn't horrible. Or worth 11 pages of dialogue. And yes, I know I'm being hypocritical by adding to the thread.

**In addition to NK not having the capacity to bomb Bills fans who are overly offended at stupid ****, or take **** WAY too seriously, this line is not intended to be taken literally. That meaning, I don't really wish overly sensitive or humorless people to be bombed. In other words, it's a joke. Lighten up. Football players, just like fans, are allowed to make jokes.

I can't think of one time in the past year his antics cost the team anything. Are we still complaining about 2 years ago?

The question is maturity. Lack of it will hurt the Bills in games. Penalties, maybe lack of concentration.

Why do we need this distraction? As others have said, prove your Pats* hatred on the field. There was no reason or joke about wishing a foreign power to bomb an opponents stadium. None whatsoever.