Alec Ogletree - LB - Georgia

NoSaint

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just confirmed on most major news outlets that the bulldog linebacker and name growing in popularity for the draft here was pulled over and cited with DUI last week.

Just an FYI

Alec had a prior for theft in 2010, and a dirty drug test cost him four games last season...

Stay outta frickin' jail, you guys... Lay low for one stinkin' off-season, then get all the things you want.

Well I'll put you down for that then.

Ask a simple question...I could elaborate, but what's the point? In my opinion character concerns have played too big of a role in the Bills decisions over the past decade. In my opinion I'm not looking to hire the guy to be a role model for the community. I want him to get after the opposing QB and win football games. Some have strong opinions because its a DUI. That's fine. I don't happen to share them. I think he made a dumb choice. Hopefully he learned a lesson, but I bet it won't affect his on field performance one bit.

That's some poor-ass judgement in the run-up to the draft. Pass. The bills have enough problems without having to babysit a grown man.

Yeah the Super Bowl era players didn't do any drinking in their day

Or coke.

Or wife beating.

Choirboys, the lot of em.

/sarcasm

Edited by JM57

Ask a simple question...I could elaborate, but what's the point? In my opinion character concerns have played too big of a role in the Bills decisions over the past decade. In my opinion I'm not looking to hire the guy to be a role model for the community. I want him to get after the opposing QB and win football games. Some have strong opinions because its a DUI. That's fine. I don't happen to share them. I think he made a dumb choice. Hopefully he learned a lesson, but I bet it won't affect his on field performance one bit.

I agree. Over the last 10 years it seems that no one is good enough to be a Buffalo Bill. We are more concerned about bringing in good role models than good football players, too bad there isn't a Superbowl for good role models. Granted there is no sure shot way of knowing if you are picking a Warren Sapp, Randy Moss type or a Maurice Clarrett but the Bills need to prioritize football ability over anything else. Keep in mind I believe most fans have forgiven John Gruden for his DUI years ago, people make mistakes.

Edited by VADC Bills

Does anyone still wanna draft this guy at #8?

No. Let someone else have em. The past can be a predictor of the future. I'd take him off the board unless he's around in later rounds and even that would involve risk.

Character is important, well to me it is anyway.

jb