Alec Ogletree - LB - Georgia

NoSaint

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ask a simple question...I could elaborate, but what's the point? In my opinion character concerns have played too big of a role in the Bills decisions over the past decade. In my opinion I'm not looking to hire the guy to be a role model for the community. I want him to get after the opposing QB and win football games. Some have strong opinions because its a DUI. That's fine. I don't happen to share them. I think he made a dumb choice. Hopefully he learned a lesson, but I bet it won't affect his on field performance one bit.

The thing is Doc, I never wanted the guy.

IMO you don't draft a non-pass rushing LB that high under any circumstances.

Then when you mix in the off-field stuff, it clinches it for me.

The guy is a singular talent that could probably play any LB position. But aside from the suspension and multiple arrests, if you watch some film on him you'll notice that he takes a lot of plays off.

If he fell to the second I'd be awfully tempted by that talent, but I don't think there's any way the Bills use their first draft pick on a LB who does that much floating.

Yeah the Super Bowl era players didn't do any drinking in their day

Or coke.

Or wife beating.

Choirboys, the lot of em.

/sarcasm

And Michael Irvin was a cokehead, and so was LT. Problem is, you knew these guys could play and would come to play. And it doesn't become an issue until it gets in the way of winning. People have argued that the Super Bowl era Bills could have been Super Bowl champion Bills if they were more disciplined.

Also, way to reference 20 years ago as an indicator of how to succeed today. I am sure that Joe Flacco is blowing lines in-between plays, Patrick Willis is out shooting up nightclubs, and Brady is taking time off from his supermodel wife and family to go get blasted and get behind the wheel of his Dart.

Also, you're talking to a guy who still thinks it was dumb to trade Lynch for peanuts even though he had a bad rep. I think you look at these things on a case-by-case basis, but getting behind the wheel drunk is taking your own life (and those of others) into your hands. It is a problem that needs to be dealt with more severely than does PEDs in my opinion.

Take a look at those Todd Helton pictures and consider that this guy has probably raked in about a hundred million bucks and is out wasted, driving and buying lottery tickets. I enjoy a drink as much as anybody else but alcoholism isn't taken very seriously in sports.

Does anyone still wanna draft this guy at #8?

Yes, but...

Was never a big fan of taking an ILB that high. I wish we would trade down no QBs are taken until we pick, but that's a pipe dream.

Can't wait for the anti-Te'o crew to spin this guys warts.

Ogletree could get arrested again this offseason and I'd still want him over Te'o. No spin necessary. I just want the better player.

The thing is Doc, I never wanted the guy.

IMO you don't draft a non-pass rushing LB that high under any circumstances.

Then when you mix in the off-field stuff, it clinches it for me.

If you don't want him because you don't like him on field that's one thing, but I just don't want character to continue to be a disqualifier for talented players on the Bills.

The guy is a singular talent that could probably play any LB position. But aside from the suspension and multiple arrests, if you watch some film on him you'll notice that he takes a lot of plays off.

If he fell to the second I'd be awfully tempted by that talent, but I don't think there's any way the Bills use their first draft pick on a LB who does that much floating.

That Georgia defense has a knack for underachieving given all the talent. The program as a whole has bad some issues with on and off field character

Was never a big fan of taking an ILB that high. I wish we would trade down, but that's a pipe dream.

I propose we trade down with the Steelers at #17. They NEED an ILB/OLB help badly. They need anyone on D badly. We could pick a QB with the 17th pick, or a guard if Levitre leaves, and gain an additional 2nd or 3rd round pick.

i think a lack of self discipline on multiple occasions is NOT the kind of player i will ever root for.

Put me down for a no, not in the second either. SJBF

It's not the action per se it's the stupidity of getting caught and the extra stupidity of f'ng up while being evaluated for the draft.

Besides that there are other options. Darn good options

I propose we trade down with the Steelers at #17. They NEED an ILB/OLB help badly. They need anyone on D badly. We could pick a QB with the 17th pick, or a guard if Levitre leaves, and gain an additional 2nd or 3rd round pick.

there ya go Ryan. good call Edited by 3rdand12