Looking for name of psychological condition

Adam

I think someone I know has what I'm calling "Boogeyman complex." Basically, this person has to make up imaginary conflicts to battle. Anyone know if there is a real name for this condition- I know I've heard of it, somewhere.

I think someone I know has what I'm calling "Boogeyman complex." Basically, this person has to make up imaginary conflicts to battle. Anyone know if there is a real name for this condition- I know I've heard of it, somewhere.

DC Tomitis?

quixotic?

Sounds like paranoid schizophrenia. Is the individual in touch with reality otherwise?

Seriously, now...schizophrenic behavior is more random. As Adam's describing it, the behavior is more coherent, just inappropriate.

Adam, under the DSM IV criteria it would probably be an affective disorder. I don't know of a specific diagnosis limited to "conflict seeking" or "conflict creating," but it [could be considered a symptom of either narcissistic personality disorder or - far more likely - borderline personality disorder.

Most people with one personality disorder have the symptoms of multiple disorders. To me it sounds like your friend has PPD(paranoid personality disorder) and may be somewhat histrionic, but I'm no expert or anything. My fiancée is a therapist and I absorb some of what she talks about.

It could also be Borderline as Tom said, that fits well into the conflict creating persona

Edited by Hazed and Amuzed

I suggest looking up disorders and symptoms in this link. I have used this in the past mostly to understand some difficult personalities in my life. I am on my phone so cant do the research for you at the moment. Also, as you read through the symptoms, don't fall into the trap of self-diagnosis. Many perfectly normal people may have one or more of the listed' symptoms' but that doesn't mean they suffer from any disorder. I think the Mayo clinic guide has a good explanation of how o use DSM-V.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/personality-disorders/DS00562

Seriously, now...schizophrenic behavior is more random. As Adam's describing it, the behavior is more coherent, just inappropriate.

Adam, under the DSM IV criteria it would probably be an affective disorder. I don't know of a specific diagnosis limited to "conflict seeking" or "conflict creating," but it [could be considered a symptom of either narcissistic personality disorder or - far more likely - borderline personality disorder.

That's actually what I was getting at...just seeking more information from the OP. Sounds more like a personalty disorder to me, but it was not clear if there were elements of dissociation.

I was having this exact discussion just last week with a subset of my other personalities...the ones that listen...the others are just difficult...

I keed... I keed...

That's actually what I was getting at...just seeking more information from the OP. Sounds more like a personalty disorder to me, but it was not clear if there were elements of dissociation.