Ryan Fitzpatrick - QB - Tennessee Titans

MClem06

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fritz's problem was his inconsistency. When he was hot he was making throws which were unbelievable but when he was cold he was making throws rookies could make. I think the scheme was a major factor for it amplified the good and bad; I also think the WRs we had/have are not that great. Freddy and Fritz had a lot better connection than Freddy and Spiller so when Freddy was dinged/out it hurt Fritz's performance. One thing that Fritz brought to table which I think incoming QB will not have is ability to stand a take a hit and give one when necessary. Good luck Fritz except when you play the Bills.

Wonder what therms of the contract are? Is Bud Adams playing games? If you are a Titans fan aren't you wondering why you are becoming Buffalo south given all that they accomplished here and in particular the last game they played against us?

They are nice guys but that doesn't make them winning football players.

I wanted him to succeed, but he made too many poor decisions with games on the line. Athletes can either rise to the occasion or they do not have it in them. It is something that cannot be learned. I hope the Bills go with Tavaris Jackson this year so they can build up the rest of the team through the draft and get a guy like Manziel (next year). Johnny Football seems to have the star qualities the Bills haven't had a QB in quite some time.

Fritz's problem was his inconsistency. When he was hot he was making throws which were unbelievable but when he was cold he was making throws rookies could make. I think the scheme was a major factor for it amplified the good and bad; I also think the WRs we had/have are not that great. Freddy and Fritz had a lot better connection than Freddy and Spiller so when Freddy was dinged/out it hurt Fritz's performance. One thing that Fritz brought to table which I think incoming QB will not have is ability to stand a take a hit and give one when necessary. Good luck Fritz except when you play the Bills.

:doh:

Edited by eball

Say what you will, but, the Titans may have the best back-up QB in the league right now.... and he will help develop their young QB. VERY smart move on their end, and he makes their team better.

Doubtful. Fitz is an egomaniac who thinks he is a starter. When Locker beats him out, he will be a problem. You heard it here first.

Say what you will, but, the Titans may have the best back-up QB in the league right now.... and he will help develop their young QB. VERY smart move on their end, and he makes their team better.

He'll be a great back up until he has to play.

Fitz was very smart in going to Tenn. He picked the team with one of the the worst starting QBs in the league. When Locker continues to show that he WASN'T WORTH THE #8 PICK IN THE DRAFT, Munchak will panic and insert Fitz in about Week 6. I don't care what the rhetoric is. Munchak is coaching for his job this year.

Fitz was very smart in going to Tenn. He picked the team with one of the the worst starting QBs in the league. When Locker continues to show that he WASN'T WORTH THE #8 PICK IN THE DRAFT, Munchak will panic and insert Fitz in about Week 6. I don't care what the rhetoric is. Munchak is coaching for his job this year.

As opposed to the Bills? :lol:

As opposed to the Bills? :lol:

The difference is that the Bills coaches, being new, are not coaching for their jobs this year. They have at least 2 seasons after this before that happens.

Plus the Bills QB situation is currently far worse than the Titans, unfortunately.

I dont think the shows the Bills as inept at all. Teams make mistakes on QBs all the time. Cassel, and Kolb are two prime examples recently. WE signed a guy that had played well for us, was showing signs of being a leader and they made a move. It didnt work out. If the defense showed up at all over the next season in a half, things may have turned out very differently

Exactly, if the defense plays middle of the road consistently last year Fitz is still your starter this year b/c the teams record would have been at least 8-8, maybe 9-7 and in the hunt to the last game.

Said it before, will say it again: Fitz was not the problem in Buffalo, it was the DEFENSE! Was he the answer, no, but he certainly was not the problem for this team.

Ahhhh? How's the old saying go, "be careful what you wish for," and look, what do we have at QB now? NOTHING! And what's our prospects, a 2nd or 3rd round draftee in a year of bad QBs to draft. Great plan! Paying him 3 mil. will look like a bargain come October.

Oh well, time to move on, let me just finish this >>> :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Certainly can't have 2 problems. Have to pick just one, right? He was a problem too.

The difference is that the Bills coaches, being new, are not coaching for their jobs this year. They have at least 2 seasons after this before that happens.

Plus the Bills QB situation is currently far worse than the Titans, unfortunately.

Yep, looks for Bills to be 6 - 10 again this year. The schedule is brutal and barring some kind of personnel and coaching miracle, I cannot imagine anything better than that..

http://www.nfl.com/n...cinnati-bengals

Fitz will no doubt make a great back up for a team in the near future but it's funny how we took him from the bengals as a backup, made him a starter and then are going to send him back to the same team so they can make him a backup once again. LOL Bills front office is incredibly inept.

Incredibly? That's being Generous. Completely, Totally and absolutely continually Inept. That's how I see it...

I'll keep beating this horse. The NFL is about the 4th quarter, and Fitz sucks in the 4th quarter -- despite his "glowing" TD totals.

Fitz was 14th in the AFC in 4th quarter QB rating, and 30th overall.

In every "pressure" stat I consult, Fitz is worse than average. Inside the opponents' 20, inside the opponents' 10...bottom line, he's worst when it counts most.

Know where Fitz looks good, statistically? He was 15th overall in first half QB rating. But that drops to 28th overall in the second half.

Everything says the same thing we all saw with our own eyes. When it comes right down to it, Fitz fails, in the most crucial situations.

Anyone believing he's going to suddenly be "successful" as a starter in Tennessee is delusional. I'd take Hasselbeck over Fitz in a heartbeat.

After signing with the Titans, Ryan Fitzpatrick ends up playing for the Tennessee Titans for two years in a row. On the last drive last year against the Titans he threw a pick right to Jason McCourtney the Tennessee db.... Tennessee gets the ball back and scores for the win 35-34 I believe the Titans and Fitz practiced that play before...

I'll keep beating this horse. The NFL is about the 4th quarter, and Fitz sucks in the 4th quarter -- despite his "glowing" TD totals.

Fitz was 14th in the AFC in 4th quarter QB rating, and 30th overall.

In every "pressure" stat I consult, Fitz is worse than average. Inside the opponents' 20, inside the opponents' 10...bottom line, he's worst when it counts most.

Know where Fitz looks good, statistically? He was 15th overall in first half QB rating. But that drops to 28th overall in the second half.

Everything says the same thing we all saw with our own eyes. When it comes right down to it, Fitz fails, in the most crucial situations.

Anyone believing he's going to suddenly be "successful" as a starter in Tennessee is delusional. I'd take Hasselbeck over Fitz in a heartbeat.

While he was not good in the fourth quarter, those stats to me are very, very misleading. There were numerous games that the Bills were well behind, and/or it was clear that the defense could stop stop anyone. In the fourth we threw most every play against teams knowing we were going to throw most every play, and the results were predictable. A lot more INTs. Granted, he also picked up some yards and TDs in garbage time, but most of those fourth quarters were Fitz just trying to make a play to try to win the game and it was no wonder he and his stats sucked.