Flynn or Kolb

HOF4LOU

Just back from a trip from the West Coast and rumours from Seattle fans is Flynn is on the trading block and Bills may be one of the teams interested. I have not heard this anywhere - anyone else heard this? How about Kolb as an option ?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just back from a trip from the West Coast and rumours from Seattle fans is Flynn is on the trading block and Bills may be one of the teams interested. I have not heard this anywhere - anyone else heard this? How about Kolb as an option ?

I'd be intrigued. He didn't so much lose the job in Seattle so much as it was taken by an absolute phenom. Trouble is, Flynn basically has one game of NFL experience. Albeit, an impressive one.

As a 10m backup he's obviously on the block

As a team without an established starter we are obviously a candidate

Not a fan of getting what I view as likely fitz 2.0 (7th rounder, heart bigger than arm, slightly athletic, and a backup)

I'm curious about Kolb.

He's not a Pro Bowler by any means, but he had as good a college career as any of this year's draftables and he was exposed in AZ by a woeful o-line. Between our running game and our line he may have more success with the Bills.

Above all, I'm not impressed with any of this year's draftable QB's and somebody has to play the position. Maybe Kolb signs for a reasonabe price for not too many years. Neither he nor Tarvaris Jackson will ever be our Super Bowl QB, but . . . well, like I said, somebody has to play QB and drafting Nassib or Glennon in the 2d round and anointing him as our franchise QB for the next 10 years isn't going to make it so.

Edited by Ennjay

The Bills need more picks...They don't need to give up any...Kolb is a UFA...I don't think either is a long-term solution...So I would say Kolb... B-)

I would give up a 6th round pick for Matt Flynn. He may not be great but he's likely better than we have, and 10x more likely to be better than any 6th round pick at any position, especially QB. We would have to renegotiate his contract and I don't think he's the answer, but you need two QBs in this league, and he's probably not a bad back-up once we draft our QB or the future this year and perhaps next year as well.

Yes, we need draft picks but the chances of a 6th round pick being any good are slight.

Who would we trade for this expensive dark horse?

I think we need to watch out trading with Seattle. The Lynch trade was massively in their favor, and for TJax we basically gave up a (albeit late) draft pick for a guy they were likely gonna cut anyway. What's next?

The Bills need more picks...They don't need to give up any...Kolb is a UFA...I don't think either is a long-term solution...So I would say Kolb... B-)

Be funny if we sign Kolb and AZ signs Fitz.

Whichever of the two (or other?) is best schooled on the offense they plan on adapting is the veteran back-up they should pursue IMO.

Maybe Tarvaris is that guy? I really don't know a lot about him to be honest.

If whomever we draft isn't ready week 1, it'd be nice to at least have someone halfway respectable. And...someone that can help the youngsters' transition based on veteran experience.

I hate like hell to give up ANY picks in our situation though

jb

Edited by jaybee

Who would we trade for this expensive dark horse?

I think we need to watch out trading with Seattle. The Lynch trade was massively in their favor, and for TJax we basically gave up a (albeit late) draft pick for a guy they were likely gonna cut anyway. What's next?

Be funny if we sign Kolb and AZ signs Fitz.

That might very well be.

And we can have a laugh about it later on,

Without the quote before me, Rotoworld FA tracker mentioned a potential Bills interest.

Whichever of the two (or other?) is best schooled on the offense they plan on adapting is the veteran back-up they should pursue IMO.

Maybe Tarvaris is that guy? I really don't know a lot about him to be honest.

If whomever we draft isn't ready week 1, it'd be nice to at least have someone halfway respectable. And...someone that can help the youngsters' transition based on veteran experience.

I hate like hell to give up ANY picks in our situation though

jb

I dont think Buddy can afford to. And would surprise me greatly.

He was quoted recently that he feels he does not have enough with just 6

I'm amazed sometimes just how obsessed people (and Buddy for that matter) are with these mid-to-late round draft picks. Last year those level of picks netted us Tank Carder, Mark Asper and Sanders. All three were eventually cut (though Sanders found his way to the practice squad). I'd trade any pick from the fourth round on to acquire an experienced player that could potentially solidify an area of need. So, I would prefer to send a 4th or 5th rounder to Seattle for Flynn as opposed to drafting Tom Dikwadd from SW Missouri St, a guy who'll probably end up being cut by the end of camp anyhow. For every late-round gem unearthed by a team, you have hundreds of other Asper and Carder types who just aren't very good and should be driving a beer truck instead.

I'm amazed sometimes just how obsessed people (and Buddy for that matter) are with these mid-to-late round draft picks. Last year those level of picks netted us Tank Carder, Mark Asper and Sanders. All three were eventually cut (though Sanders found his way to the practice squad). I'd trade any pick from the fourth round on to acquire an experienced player that could potentially solidify an area of need. So, I would prefer to send a 4th or 5th rounder to Seattle for Flynn as opposed to drafting Tom Dikwadd from SW Missouri St, a guy who'll probably end up being cut by the end of camp anyhow. For every late-round gem unearthed by a team, you have hundreds of other Asper and Carder types who just aren't very good and should be driving a beer truck instead.

Dikwadd's Pro Day is tomorrow. I think you're a bit early in judging the guy.