No Free Agent visitations

JTO

That is a great plan with Clowney coming out next year

Well...If the Bills tank, especially if the Rookie QB does not show signs, you can forget about Clowney and start thinking about McCarron, Bridgewater, or Manziel if they come out...

Just saying... B-)

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our front office is content with depleted roster and mediocre at best talent level. We were 4-12 Buddy's first year. Last year we were 6-10 and currently have longest playoff draught. Off last year's team, subtract Levitre, Fitzpatrick, Nelson, Jones, Barnett, Kelsay... and have made one decent addition-Lawson. Currently we have no viable starting QB, LG, #2 WR. Our LBers are a mess. We haven't had a good TE since McKeller. Yet we are asleep at the wheel. This is the worst I have seen this franchise since the early 80s

I can see waiting for initial wave of big contract signings to die off. This year it appears to have happened in last than 48 hours, so I am starting to get very curious about what is going on with the Bills.

I think it is quite obvious that since Brandon has taken over to run things, nothing has changed at Two Bills Drive from a front office perspective. We have a tremendous amount of holes to fill on this team, and we have signed one free agent. We have six draft picks. The numbers are just not adding up for having enuf NFL caliber players on the roster. Are we seriously going to bring in 25 UDFA to fill holes? That is comical. I think our coaching staff will be substantially upgraded this year. But we still need a LOT of players. We have ONE NFL receiver on the roster currently. And one TE who has a bad knee injury. Seriously, where are we going to get our receivers from? I am not sure that Graham will even make the team this year. He looked that lost last year w very marginal skills. Did he make even one noteworthy play last year?

I am excited about Marrone and Pettine. But does management think the coaching last year was that bad that we have playoff caliber talent w minimal needs for upgrading? That is a risky way of building a team that has been so poor for so long. There just seems to be no solid direction coming from management. And that has to change.

And our front office seems content with that. This is one frustrating offseason. Usually hope springs eternal come draft time. And this has been the one time of year to be optimistic as a Bills fan. Well not this year for this Bills fan

Please try to exercise a little patience. There are way too many holes on this team for them not to fill many with FAs. The plan must be to let the initial frenzy die down then fill the roster with bargain signings. I'm not going to judge it until the FA period is fully over.

Gil Brandt@Gil_Brandt

Received 3 calls from agents yesterday saying first wave of FA all dried up. Def. a buyer's market. Guys having trouble getting 1-yr deals

Maybe the Bills are not buying?

Or maybe if you are forced to take a 1-year deal you are looking at other places before you settle on Buffalo. It's rough but it's the truth...

you mean if spiller "demands." Commands suggests he deserves it and can command that salary.

Baseball blah blah blah baseball blah blah

And did you ever notice that it should be the Oakland "As" and not the "A's," since an apostrophe "s" has never, in the history of English, made something plural?

But to the substance, yes, we will use analytics to get bigger, stronger, and cheaper, kinda like the Seahawks have been doing. Or like the Buccaneers thought they were doing with the whole "youngry" thing. And notice its "Buccaneers" and not "Buccaneer's"

(and yes, I am aware that the Oakland baseball team has trademarked the term "A's" instead of "As" and that they realize they are stuck with a grammatically incorrect term. Much has been written about it. But its still dumb. But cf: http://thegrammarvan...the-oakland-as/)

Amazing...the grammar police strike again.

Tell us; in your extensive studies of the English language, and with your galactic knowlege thereof, have you never heard of something called a contraction???

To infer that "A's" is plural would imply that there is more than one of something called an "A" when, in fact, there is nothing called an "A" - "A's" is simply a contraction for the Oakland "Athletics".

"Athletics" = A's.

Get it???

(Having lived in the Bay area for 7 years, I can assure you that you and your link - The Grammar Vandal - are both wrong.)

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :beer:

Edited by The Senator

They may have expressed interest it's just that the Bills aren't going to overpay for players. They need to keep their cap in order to resign pending FAs (Spiller, possibly extending Byrd)

You may be right, but it is much more likely that the OP is right. We need receivers bad, a TE and we have no QB to throw to them so who wants to come here? Most of these free agents were in grade school the last time the Bills made the playoffs, who wants that? From the inside and even more from the outside it seems this team is a mess? The GM is caught in a catfish prank. They have dumped a bunch of players with no replacements, and don't seem to be trying very hard to find replacements. It appears that Buddy Nix is either clueless, or he has marching orders from above that he doesn't have the authority to do anything. When Nix got here he said he had a 3 year plan, it is going on 4 years and we are worse then we were when he arrived. All they have done is sign a backup linebacker from Cincy, and he is the Savior now? This team has one receiver that even belongs on an NFL team, and it doesn't appear that they have talked to anyone? What a mess, If I were an NFL free agent I wouldn't want to come here unless they grossly overpaid for me, like they did for Mario last season.

Would have felt better if they had re-signed Levitre. If they can't get free agents to sign, the better strategy would have been to keep Levitre.

You can't get FA's to sign here if you don't try to sign them. The only name I have heard that they attempted was DeVito and they got outbid-of course.

I do not know, but I bet Buffalo reached out to a bunch of free agents and they chose to visit and sign with other teams. Some of the NFL "gossip" sites are unreliable, but some did say that Buffalo had contacted the agents for Landry, DeVito, Keller, Vasquez and others. Who knows what really is going on.