FREE AGENCY THREAD

Would love to see the Bills make three moves. 1- Sign B. Pollard, 2- Sign DHB and 3- Sign Brandon Moore. Moore would be a nice plug in a Guard, DHB would be a good chance to take to help the WR position .And Pollard is a good safety who would help give the defense an identity. Although Pollard is a stretch DHB and Moore are actual possibilities.

We still need some more LB's would like to see us grab another one.or two. And I would like to see the Bills make a run at the NT the Jets released as a one year stop gap he would be a nice chance on the cheap.

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love to see the Bills make three moves. 1- Sign B. Pollard, 2- Sign DHB and 3- Sign Brandon Moore. Moore would be a nice plug in a Guard, DHB would be a good chance to take to help the WR position .And Pollard is a good safety who would help give the defense an identity. Although Pollard is a stretch DHB and Moore are actual possibilities.

If they did those three plus sign a decent CB, I think it would be a success. Then the draft wouldn't be so desperate.

Bush to Lions and if Welker goes to Broncos both great fits! And Welker leaving New England would be the best news of this free agent week. The Pats are crumbling slowly

With Brady still under center, that team won't crumble for a while.

I actually dont really want to take any of those. With losing Rinehart and Levitre, my idea of the plans have changed. I think the staff is making this a two year project. They didnt like any FA QB that was reasonable to obtain and they dont love any of the QBs in the draft. I think we go O-lineman this year at 8 and slide Glenn to guard to fill our new hole at O-line. Then we take a LB or WR in the second unless we get a descent WR in the rest of FA. I dont see us risking ending up with a QB nobody on the staff believes in because he was the best this year and then sucking anyway and getting another top 10 spot and missing out on the McCarron, Bridgewater, Manziel, Murray draft to give whoever we have (EJ, Nassib, etc.) one more year in the system. I think they ride it out with TJack and maybe a 3rd or 4th round QB selection to compete and then go all in next FA and draft period. I honestly think they were gonna ride it out with Fitz or at least let him really compete ( and probably win) if he would have re-strcutred but he wouldnt. I think they told him "were gonna ride it out at QB this year and you can be apart of it if you restructure, otherwise were going with TJax." and he chose to not restructure and we cut him. Signing TJacks gave us some leverage in talking to Fitz so it wasnt like if we cut him we literally had no one.

I am usually wrong but this is what I think.

Not to mention that the contract he gave Fitz paid him 19th in the league for QBs. He finished 18-19 in passer rating, 18 in yards and 13 in TDs I think. It wasn't outrageous at all, and it was designed so he could get out of it early, like he did, if Fitz proved not to be the answer.

Once again with the voice of reason Kelly.

I actually dont really want to take any of those. With losing Rinehart and Levitre, my idea of the plans have changed. I think the staff is making this a two year project. They didnt like any FA QB that was reasonable to obtain and they dont love any of the QBs in the draft. I think we go O-lineman this year at 8 and slide Glenn to guard to fill our new hole at O-line. Then we take a LB or WR in the second unless we get a descent WR in the rest of FA. I dont see us risking ending up with a QB nobody on the staff believes in because he was the best this year and then sucking anyway and getting another top 10 spot and missing out on the McCarron, Bridgewater, Manziel, Murray draft to give whoever we have (EJ, Nassib, etc.) one more year in the system. I think they ride it out with TJack and maybe a 3rd or 4th round QB selection to compete and then go all in next FA and draft period. I honestly think they were gonna ride it out with Fitz or at least let him really compete ( and probably win) if he would have re-strcutred but he wouldnt. I think they told him "were gonna ride it out at QB this year and you can be apart of it if you restructure, otherwise were going with TJax." and he chose to not restructure and we cut him. Signing TJacks gave us some leverage in talking to Fitz so it wasnt like if we cut him we literally had no one.

I am usually wrong but this is what I think.

No chance Glenn comes in inside, but it's looking more and more like Chance @ 8...

And Welker leaving New England would be the best news of this free agent week. The Pats are crumbling slowly

If Welker leaves NE, they'll sign Amendola in about 2 seconds and he'll do exactly what Welker did for cheaper and will be around longer. It sucks, but it's probably true.

No chance Glenn comes in inside, but it's looking more and more like Chance @ 8...

Well everyone said he would probably be a guard anyway and he wasnt the same after the injury last year. This years draft is very good for O-line and if a good tackle is there I say we take him. if its a guard then maybe Glenn Stays outside.

If Welker leaves NE, they'll sign Amendola in about 2 seconds and he'll do exactly what Welker did for cheaper and will be around longer. It sucks, but it's probably true.

He would likely be broken in half by game four if he did exactly what Welker did. But I wouldn't doubt the Pats go after him. Or they'll just re-sign Edelman.

Who knows? But I do doubt it...It's hard for me to imagine a team that does not value their 2nd Round Pick homegrown LG enough to pay him top dollar, would then turn around and value a Rookie OG enough to take him at #8 overall...

NFL Teams have Organizational philosophies...A very common one is don't overpay for any OG, and don't Draft an OG high in the 1st Round...Buddy is on record several times saying the Bills prefer to take OT's and move them inside rather than taking a guy who, in a pinch, can only play 2 positions along the line...I'm guessing if The Bills go O-Line in the 1st...and I really doubt they will...but if they do...it would be OT Lane Johnson...That would allow Hairston to move inside to LG... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS