How would you feel about David Nelson signing with the Pats*?

I only remember Smith and Morris myself as working out. They picked up Roosevelt last year but he did not play. They also have Kamir Aiken on their roster right now but he has not played a game. the point is a bit overstated I think.

Harry Jacobs.

Then again, we stole him from them first.. Heh heh..

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering he could catch the wounded ducks Fitz chucked at him, I can imagine how good he could be with Brady throwing to him.

PTR

Maybe. I think the expectations for precision and timing in route running are quite different in NE. "if you run that route 10 inches to the left, you won't have to reach for the ball"

I only remember Smith and Morris myself as working out. They picked up Roosevelt last year but he did not play. They also have Kamir Aiken on their roster right now but he has not played a game. the point is a bit overstated I think.

Did they end up signing Roosevelt? I only recall him working out for them but no contract.

they do?... who? Sammy morris and maybe Antowain Smith is all I can think of...

they tried to scoop up Sam Aiken, Fast Freddy Smith, and Marcus Stroud....but those didnt work out

Smith had pretty much the same career in NE that he had in Buffalo, production-wise. Morris had better production, but was still just a role player.

As for Nelson, that the Bills didn't tender him makes me think his rehab didn't go so well.

He's on the radar of one of their ESPN bloggers, who thinks Belicheck might be interested in him as a vet coming back from injury because he was interested in him as an UDFA

In his most recent healthy season, he was the Bills #2 receiver and #41 in the league. What would define "using him" in your opinion?

As in most Bills seasons in the last 10 or 15 years I guess my focus on them starts to fade so forgive me if I missed Nelson's Calvin Johnson's like endzone leaps or his blinding Jerry Rice type quickness. My bad. Point is Bills #2 is a joke and I'm supposed to be impressed with #41 in the league?

Considering he could catch the wounded ducks Fitz chucked at him, I can imagine how good he could be with Brady throwing to him.

PTR

I agree with you PTR. This would be terrible. Brady and Nelson could be a better tandem than Brady and Welker, or at least as good.

If I'm looking at it from the view that I like David Nelson and I'd like to see him get a shot at a championship or at least a winning team.

As a Bills fan and Patriots hater. I'd absolutely hate to see him twice a year and I know I will see him produce.

With Nelson it could be that both sides agreed to let the market set his price.

For all we know he could return to the team for less than the tender offer would have been.

Just speculatin'

can i put that on the radar?

Wouldn't care one way or another. Nelson is decent, but far from elite. He also is pretty fragile and seems to get banged up alot.

I disagree to a point. Nelson was decent with the Bills. Chances are high that he would be better in a pats* offense.

Normally I would be happy for him, but the Bills play the pats* twice every season, and if the Bills LBs suck again next year I would hate for Nelson to light up the scoreboard those 2 games.

With Nelson it could be that both sides agreed to let the market set his price.

For all we know he could return to the team for less than the tender offer would have been.

Just speculatin'

Exactamundo. How much is this guy actually worth on the open market? We shall see. I would prefer a TE to play his old role anyways just to have the option of staying in to block or flexing out into the slot.

As in most Bills seasons in the last 10 or 15 years I guess my focus on them starts to fade so forgive me if I missed Nelson's Calvin Johnson's like endzone leaps or his blinding Jerry Rice type quickness. My bad. Point is Bills #2 is a joke and I'm supposed to be impressed with #41 in the league?

So you expect Calvin Johnson or Jerry Rice as a #2? Got it.

Meh. Who cares. Nelson is average on his very, very, best day.

I agree with you PTR. This would be terrible. Brady and Nelson could be a better tandem than Brady and Welker, or at least as good.

For your sake I hope this is sarcasm.

Edited by Thurmal34

41 means he was the ninth best number two receiver in the league. That's top ten for his position. I'd take it over TJ grease hands or Stevie 4.8 40 Johnson.

Nelson must want out of Buffalo, or be so messed up from his injury that he's not valuable anymore. Either way, better that he's gone.

Seemed like a nice guy, my girlfriend met him a couple times, hope he does well.

41 means he was the ninth best number two receiver in the league. That's top ten for his position. I'd take it over TJ grease hands or Stevie 4.8 40 Johnson.

Nelson must want out of Buffalo, or be so messed up from his injury that he's not valuable anymore. Either way, better that he's gone.

Seemed like a nice guy, my girlfriend met him a couple times, hope he does well.

Obviously #41 in catches doesn't actually mean anything of the sort, but otherwise.....

Edited by NoSaint

Welker has far better moves and route running skills. Nelson is a big target who gets open but he is much slower and coming off of injury. It's possible they could be a better tandem, but I would never put money on it. Welker accomplished a lot with Brady.