How would you feel about David Nelson signing with the Pats*?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was our worst off season move in my opinion (much worse than G. Wilson, etc). I assume most of us agree (since there is a thread 20 pages long) that it was a big loss to let Nelson leave as our WR corps is shot to hell and he was an athletic young veteran.

ps - I hate the Pats

Correct me if I'm wrong but there's no indication from that article that Nelson is actually on New England's "radar."

well, mike reiss lives in new england, so regionally it is kind of true.

you are correct that it does not mention, or even imply the NE is interested though, simply that the ESPN boston reporter thinks it would be a good fit.

New England has a history of taking Bills rejects and making them very serviceable players. Why not Nelson?

they do?... who? Sammy morris and maybe Antowain Smith is all I can think of...

they tried to scoop up Sam Aiken, Fast Freddy Smith, and Marcus Stroud....but those didnt work out

Edited by CherryCoke

I am hoping that the Bills are still interested in him, just not at the RFA tender amount. Coming off that injury, this would make some sense to me. The reports I heard just said they weren't going to offer him the tender amount which was something like $1.7 million to keep his rights.

WRs with great hands that can still perform given the physical play underneath are valuable to an offense, imo. Give me what Naaman Roosevelt or David Nelson offered in their rookie and 2nd years over what TJ Graham did in his rookie year. Often times a 3rd down drop has the same effect as a turnover. Football players vs. track stars.

100 receptions and over 1000 yards over two seasons as a part time player? What would define "using him" to you?

I guess. Just never really noticed him. I mean, enough to where I would miss him if he left the Bills.

they do?... who? Sammy morris and maybe Antowain Smith is all I can think of...

they tried to scoop up Sam Aiken, Fast Freddy Smith, and Marcus Stroud....but those didnt work out

I only remember Smith and Morris myself as working out. They picked up Roosevelt last year but he did not play. They also have Kamir Aiken on their roster right now but he has not played a game. the point is a bit overstated I think.

He's on the radar of one of their ESPN bloggers, who thinks Belicheck might be interested in him as a vet coming back from injury because he was interested in him as an UDFA

Honestly neither here nor there. It's not like we were using him.

In his most recent healthy season, he was the Bills #2 receiver and #41 in the league. What would define "using him" in your opinion?