Beard, Shaven Face, Muscache?

boyst

How do you keep your face?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. How do you prefer to keep your face groomed?

• clean shaven?
    • a beard?
    • stubble?
    • mustasche, goatee, mutton chops or other?
    • I am Beerball

I shaved my face with a razor for the first time in well over a year. No cuts. I prefer the beard, either kept or Grizzly Adams because of weather exposure. Plus, I am a man.

It got me wondering how the board keeps their face...

Wish I could grow a meat and trimmed beard/go-T. Unfortunately the state of NY will not allow correction officers to keep facial hair :-(

A mustache no lower than mid lip is the best I can get away with it, but I look like dirty white trash because it doesn't grown in right so I just shave it all.

I'm 34 years old, and I still can't grow a proper beard. I'd love to, but it just looks wierd and creepy after a few days. Plus, I just can't get over the itchy-scratchy phase of growing facial hair. I tried to grow out a beard during Christmas vacation this year and I nearly went insane after about day 4....scratching my neck and face like cracky crack-head boo boo going through withdrawal.

I used to rock the stubble, but then I realized that it is only stubble when you shave cleanly once in a while to let it come back. If you maintain short stubble it is then a beard.

Not having a beard is already weird. I feel naked. I went to the chinese buffet tonight and a guy I work with came in - I had seen him just 5 hours before and he did not recognize me. Of course, I now look like an albino skin head because I cut my hair, too. (Yes, I am cheap and cut my own hair with some trimmers.) Anyway, I had never heard of the duck dynasty beard. Learn something new every day.

I just gave up on a beard and mustache. I tried for about a month. I asked a handful of girls from work how it looked and they all liked it. Wednesday morning, I spontaneously decided to shave it. I think I'll try again next fall.

I'd love to go with the neat stubble...I just am too lazy and cheap to do the maintenance.... my private area however.....exquisite..... :-)

Oh hell, yes. Manscaping is a must.

Used to do the beard + terror-stache but now alternate clean/stubble as mood & schedule dictate.

Recently found an ancient photo I.D. with my old Al Quaeda look and was laughing because I don't think I'd have a prayer of getting past airport security anymore looking like that. They'd probably shoot on sight.

Hell, *I'd* probably shoot me on sight if I saw that coming at me.

I stay clean shaven. Although I will go 3 days without shaving, which is very unflattering as I have a heavy beard.

Shaving every day just sucks because I hate razor burn.

Mark, the new Gillette Fusion Proglide has been nice in this regard, at least for me.

I have at times wondered about electrolysis, especially on the below-chin-line/neck hair. That's the worst spot. My skin gets red from light contact/bruising easily, too, and stays red for a while. Really annoying, and when not clean-shaven it looks pretty bad.

I stay clean shaven. Although I will go 3 days without shaving, which is very unflattering as I have a heavy beard.

Shaving every day just sucks because I hate razor burn.

Get some good lotions. Avoid anything with oil in it. I have used H2O from St. Ives. After shaving do not dry your face from a shower, if anything just pat your face with a damp cloth. Also, be careful cleaning your face to take the oils away that protect your face.

Used to do the beard + terror-stache but now alternate clean/stubble as mood & schedule dictate.

Recently found an ancient photo I.D. with my old Al Quaeda look and was laughing because I don't think I'd have a prayer of getting past airport security anymore looking like that. They'd probably shoot on sight.

Hell, *I'd* probably shoot me on sight if I saw that coming at me.

That's funny. My sister in law said I fit the profile of a domestic terrorist, the look, not wearing a wedding ring (since I am not married), and living in the country. I feel your pain, but I do not really care. The beard just feels good.

I wish I could grow a beard, but the itching for me is intense. I've gotten to between 3-4 weeks a coupe of times and it's grown great, but it feels like needles on my skin and I get skin bumps.

Best I can do is a goatee (even then the edges itch/get bumps), but I've never been a fan of them so I don't bother.