Beard, Shaven Face, Muscache?

boyst

How do you keep your face?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. How do you prefer to keep your face groomed?

• clean shaven?
    • a beard?
    • stubble?
    • mustasche, goatee, mutton chops or other?
    • I am Beerball

I usually shave once a week, on Saturday morning. By Thursday I got a pretty good stubble/start to the beard. I would grow a full fledge beard but I too can not get past the itching stage & my 3 year old daughter does not like it & usualy tells me to shave by Thursday/Friday. Also I am in banking so a full fledge beard is probably not the best look especially when I have to go to NYC to meet with my clients. It is funny when I first started in banking 16 years ago there was absolutely no facial hair allowed. Now it seems like the bank does not give a sh*t what their employees look like. I mean, ladies in the summer wearing flip flops to work, I used to wear a suit everyday now I only wear a suit when I got to visit clients or I have a meeting with some of the higher up & even then I often times just go business casual.

I think it's technically called a Circle Beard even tho I always refer to it as just a Goatee. Mustache connected to goatee. I love it, the girlfriend loves it. Don't see myself getting rid of it any time in the near future.

I think it's technically called a Circle Beard even tho I always refer to it as just a Goatee. Mustache connected to goatee. I love it, the girlfriend loves it. Don't see myself getting rid of it any time in the near future.

Actually, that's what mine is as well since I don't have the tuft of hair hanging-off my chin. I also shave just below my bottom lip.

I'm 34 years old, and I still can't grow a proper beard. I'd love to, but it just looks wierd and creepy after a few days. Plus, I just can't get over the itchy-scratchy phase of growing facial hair. I tried to grow out a beard during Christmas vacation this year and I nearly went insane after about day 4....scratching my neck and face like cracky crack-head boo boo going through withdrawal.

You gotta let it grow in. I had the same problem a few years ago. I was planning on rocking the Fitzpatrick but never had much luck. It was my last semester at college so I had time to look like an idiot. After a whie it turned out pretty nice.

I keep my bread fairly short, mostly because it gets itchy and my dad is anti due dynasty look

Clean shaven. I shave with a safety razor 5-6 times per week. I don't even know what my facial hair would look like if I were to let it go. Got curious once, but my job doesn't allow me to experiment with it, so I shaved anyway. Not sure what the obsession with facial hair is.

I've been rocking a weird Amish beard (no stash) with an extended goatee for a while now. The chin hair extends a good 4-5 inches out from the rest of the beard which is at about 2 months growth. My wife has never seen me without facial hair and I doubt she ever will.

Mark, the new Gillette Fusion Proglide has been nice in this regard, at least for me.

I have at times wondered about electrolysis, especially on the below-chin-line/neck hair. That's the worst spot. My skin gets red from light contact/bruising easily, too, and stays red for a while. Really annoying, and when not clean-shaven it looks pretty bad.

I still use a Schick Tracer. It works good for me, but I'll consider your advice.

Get some good lotions. Avoid anything with oil in it. I have used H2O from St. Ives. After shaving do not dry your face from a shower, if anything just pat your face with a damp cloth. Also, be careful cleaning your face to take the oils away that protect your face.

The best thing I have done in this regard is that I shave while I take a shower. The constant steam helps a lot.

Clean shaven. I shave with a safety razor 5-6 times per week. I don't even know what my facial hair would look like if I were to let it go. Got curious once, but my job doesn't allow me to experiment with it, so I shaved anyway. Not sure what the obsession with facial hair is.

It makes some people look better, like me, haha. Seriously, I can't imagine not having it right now.

some men need it. Exposed to wind, sun, elements it just feels better. I do it of necessity but I am told I look better with it. I look 20something without it.

I'm 34 years old, and I still can't grow a proper beard. I'd love to, but it just looks wierd and creepy after a few days. Plus, I just can't get over the itchy-scratchy phase of growing facial hair. I tried to grow out a beard during Christmas vacation this year and I nearly went insane after about day 4....scratching my neck and face like cracky crack-head boo boo going through withdrawal.

I wish I could grow a beard, but the itching for me is intense. I've gotten to between 3-4 weeks a coupe of times and it's grown great, but it feels like needles on my skin and I get skin bumps.

Best I can do is a goatee (even then the edges itch/get bumps), but I've never been a fan of them so I don't bother.

I can't believe no one has mentioned this to you but.... Conditioner for your beard!!! Shampooing and Conditioning your beard will take away a lot of the scratchiness and roughness of your beard. Bonus is that it smells nice. Seriously tho - shampoo and conditioner!

I can't believe no one has mentioned this to you but.... Conditioner for your beard!!! Shampooing and Conditioning your beard will take away a lot of the scratchiness and roughness of your beard. Bonus is that it smells nice. Seriously tho - shampoo and conditioner!

Thanks for the tip, but it doesn't work for me. I've tried that, plus lotion throughout the day. I've always figured if I could make it past a certain piont, it would get to a level I could stand, but it's always just gotten worse. At least up until about the 4 week point, which is as far as I've ever made it.