Levitre: Hasn't heard anything from the Bills yet

Maybe Marrone (whose specialty is O line) is not crazy about Levitre. Andy is a good player, but he is not "all time" great. Maybe the team wants to spend its money on some gamechangers when free agency starts. Paying huge money to an above average guard when we need so many more game changers, just because he is a homegrown player may not be the smartest way to spend our money. Other than paying Logan Mankins, when have the Patriots ever spent big money on O lineman? With good coaching Levitre is emminently replacable.

I would not mind him back at a reasonable price. But paying $8 mill per year to a player who does not have extraordinary talent seems ludicrous to me.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds strange. Maybe he doesn't fit the blocking sceme they plan to run.

Ding,ding, ding....that's my thought.

Levitre's a good guard if the scheme is finesse or zone blocking but Marrone appears to favor the big inside blockers similar to what he had in New Orleans. Maybe he wants more of a power blocking scheme with the playaction (WC Offense) and that's not Levitre's strength, IMO.

doubt he´ll sweat long. bears will pay him whatever he wants.

and that propably means warmack @ 8

Unless a OG is the only player the team needs, I think it is a bad idea to spend a top 10 pick on one. Spend high picks on premium positions (QB, LT, DE, CB, WR, RB, etc). Guards are generally left tackles who were just not good enough to play LT in the NFL

Maybe Marrone (whose specialty is O line) is not crazy about Levitre. Andy is a good player, but he is not "all time" great. Maybe the team wants to spend its money on some gamechangers when free agency starts. Paying huge money to an above average guard when we need so many more game changers, just because he is a homegrown player may not be the smartest way to spend our money. Other than paying Logan Mankins, when have the Patriots ever spent big money on O lineman? With good coaching Levitre is emminently replacable.

I would not mind him back at a reasonable price. But paying $8 mill per year to a player who does not have extraordinary talent seems ludicrous to me.

Totally agree with your take. They can resign Rhinehart to play LG. Or get a cheaper, pro bowler in Moore from the Jets, who Marrone is credited with taking to the next level. Or they can draft an OG because they've filled many holes in FA. If the option is Levitre and nothing much in FA or letting Levitre walk, but getting some combination of Ellerbee, Moore, Landry, Bowe, Keller, Cook,Kruger, etc., I will take the combination of good players who can also fill holes before the draft.

Folks need to remember, in the salary cap era every team will have to let some players they want to keep walk away. It's just not possible to keep them all. Eric Wood's contract is up after next season. Spiller the year after that. It's about now AND the near future. Does giving Levitre big money mean Wood has to go? I'd rather keep the center. Harder to find a good one. And you know CJ will get big money if he continues on his current pace and stays relatively healthy. It is what it is. I like Levitre, but we aren't talking about Larry Allen...

Edited by purple haze

It goes without saying the FO at OBD sees more long term value from Byrd than Levitre. That said, they can't assume they can easily fill the void he will leave behind. Marrone is a OL guy maybe he sees something in Andy's game that won't translate to his offense?

LOL....looks like I omitted an 'r' there. :doh:

If the Bills want him the stay, they should be pursuing talks/extending offers.

At the same time, what if the agent tells the Bills that their offer better be in the 8-9 million per year range or don't even bother talking to us?

Levitre said he'd love to say if the Bills offered him a "fair" deal. We have no clue what his idea of "fair" is.

At the same time, what if the agent tells the Bills that their offer better be in the 8-9 million per year range or don't even bother talking to us?

Levitre said he'd love to say if the Bills offered him a "fair" deal. We have no clue what his idea of "fair" is.

I would tell his agent pound sand and only morons pay guards that much.

Can't wait for the Levetre sucks posts to start. Oh, looks like they already have. Sign the freaking guy! We can't afford to lose our good players.

Haven't you heard? Offensive Guard is the easiest position to replace on a team.

I'd be willing to bet that Levitre/his agent informed the Bills what they're looking for in a new contract, and the Bills think it's funny money, won't make him an offer and let him test the market.