Fan Opinion Poll - 2013 draft First 3 rds.

MClem06

81 members have voted

1. 1. Round 1

• QB
    • RB
    • WR
    • TE
    • OL
    • DL
    • LB
    • CB/S
  2. 2. Round 2

• QB
    • RB
    • WR
    • TE
    • OL
    • DL
    • LB
    • CB/S
  3. 3. Rd. 3

• QB
    • RB
    • WR
    • TE
    • OL
    • DL
    • LB
    • CB/S

In answering this poll, you have to guess who will be available. There's no LB worth taking. Assuming Smith will be gone. I went with Oline. And if they go O-line or anything else in the 1st, they must go QB later.

I voted WR, LB, QB in that order. I think in this draft more than nay other, we can grab impact players in the first two rounds easily, and grab our QB in round three. Nassib, Manuel, Bray either are projects and I'm ok with that.

However, if Barkley somehow makes it into the second round I would consider a trade up for him, and I would also consider a trade back scenario at the 8th pick. Nix has some flexibiloty here this year, IMO.

Tim-

In answering this poll, you have to guess who will be available. There's no LB worth taking. Assuming Smith will be gone. I went with Oline. And if they go O-line or anything else in the 1st, they must go QB later.

I agree with this in the first 2. I don't like WR as high as 8, too many questions and we need a sure thing to start this regime. And what's better for a young QB (or any QB) than a dominant O-line?

But by the 3rd, we need a receiving weapon... this team needs one almost as much as QB. I think they will probably try and find a LB in FA, so grab a TE (or WR) in the 3rd for this new QB (Wilson or Manuel.. maybe Nassib).

Trading down is appealing to me as well, in which case, then grab a WR in the first... just not at 8.

Edited by Brainiac21

Right now with the way the talent is stacked up in this draft I would go DE/LB hybrid player in round 1 (unless staff really loves Geno Smith and he falls that far or one of the top 3 OTs). We need a flexible LB/DE for Pettine's scheme and my favorite player for that is Dion Jordan. I also really like Alec Ogletree (hope he's not off the board for his off field stuff). And I'd be good with Ansah (Pierre-Paul type) because of potential and to a lesser extent Mingo. I'm sure we will have our pick of 2nd Rd QBs minus Smith, Barkley and whomever the Jets take before us in the 2nd and unless we get Matt Flynn, I'm OK with drafting whomever Nix/Marrone want in the 2nd since at the very least we will have a good back up for the forseeable future. I'm not banging the table like I was last year with Russell Wilson on any of these QBs though. I really liked Tyler Wilson especially his toughness and competitiveness but his hands are incredibly small and we don't need more turnovers in Buffalo's cold weather. EJ Manuel would be interesting but I don't get the same feeling about him that I did with Cam and Wilson...Should be interesting, hope we don't screw this up

Edited by NeverOutNick

My dream scenario would be QB, WR, LB. I think those 3 positions have to be addressed early. I assume the Bills will sign LBs and a WR in FA, but that remains to be seen. UFA will have a big impact on draft priorities. But the position we select in each round will also be affected by what other teams do around us and what specific players are available when we pick. I want a QB in Round 1, but if 2 or 3 are gone before we pick, then I don't necessarily want to reach just to get one. On the other hand, if there is a run on QBs in the top 7, then we might be forced to grab the one we like so we don't miss out completely again.

I agree with this in the first 2. I don't like WR as high as 8, too many questions and we need a sure thing to start this regime. And what's better for a young QB (or any QB) than a dominant O-line?

But by the 3rd, we need a receiving weapon... this team needs one almost as much as QB. I think they will probably try and find a LB in FA, so grab a TE (or WR) in the 3rd for this new QB (Wilson or Manuel.. maybe Nassib).

Trading down is appealing to me as well, in which case, then grab a WR in the first... just not at 8.

I'm not sure I agree. The Bills have at least 1 legitimate WR and invested highly in another just last year. Don't you at least have to give TJ Graham a shot before you write him off? And if you give the new QB a solid TE, that's another weapon. I just don't see any "must have" WRs this year and we have so many other needs.

It looks like the top talent of the draft are on the OL and DL. You can never have too many linemen. Take one and move on to round two. In a best case senerio for the Bills, a team farther back falls in love with a lineman and wants to trade up for him.

Best value for the Bills in round 1 seems to be OL (if Geno is gone). Assuming Geno is gone and we get Eric Fisher/Lane Johnson in round 1, I'd like to take a QB in the 2nd round...preferably EJ Manuel. In the 3rd round I'd really like to get a TE or a WR...preferably Travis Kelce from Cincinnati or Quinton Patton from LA Tech. Build defense the rest of the way and through FA.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

I think for my 1st round pick a lot depends on weather or not they sign Andy, if they decide to not resign him then i would heavily consider signing a 1st round O lineman like Warmack or L. Johnson .

That way if you do hat & take a QB in the second round you have a better chance of keeping them upright so they can do a better job , b/c no matter how good the QB is if he is always under pressure or on his back he's not going to do any one any good !!!

QB, LB, LB.

You have to swing for the fences for a qb.

After that, gimme some defense. I know we dont have wrs, but lbs give me (in theory) more defensive stops and turnovers, which translates to more possessions. I can find some Marques Colston (or stevie johnson) wrs in the later rounds, more likely than an impact lb.

Well, as many have said, there are so many variables--mainly, who's there and who is not. It's a dangerous thing to just draft for a need. Realistically, it's a combination of need and what is there. Yes, each team will have positions targeted, and then they have to determine is the position pick worth it when it's their turn to pick. If not, then go to plan be, best player available that will help their team get better?

It's a very good idea to have this poll and I went LB, QB, and WR, but way too early to do this thing. I am hoping we address a few needs in FA this year(LB and WR), if we get them I think we need to take the best available at need positions or trade down to pick up multiple picks. I think we will get a quality pick at QB in second round. I saw a mock draft from someone and he suggested we would take Safety Kenny Vaccarro from Texas giving us two great, young safetys. Not a bad idea but to many other needs, I have no idea what we will do in the draft this year, CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

I got LB, WR, and LB for the first 3 Rounds.

1. Jarvis Jones / OLB / Georgia

2. DeAndre Hopkins / WR / Clemson

3. Jamie Collins / OLB / Southern Miss

This could give us a dangerous pass rush on the outside for Pettine's defensive scheme along with Mario, while also getting some help to go along with Stevie on the offensive side of the ball.