Should we trade for Ryan Mallett?

freester

So we can trade a 2nd round pick for a slow, not smart coke head we could have drafted in the 3rd who hasn't proven a thing in the NFL? Awesome deal.

exactly what I was thinking.why trade our valuable 2nd round pick for someone we could of drafted in the 3rd round two years ago..He does have a cannon

but though..

still think we are looking at wilson..who knows all depends on how any of these qb's can retain knowledge. wathced barkley get schooled from

mariucci last nite..can t wait until gruden gets them in his camp. then we can see who is the real deal..

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure. Lets give the stinkin' Pats one of our high picks for a QB that hasn't played a snap but for mop up. And consider this, if Bellicheat would even consider sending Mallett to a division rival, what does that say about what he thinks about him as a QB?

Dumbest idea ever!

PTR

Sure. Lets give the stinkin' Pats one of our high picks for a QB that hasn't played a snap but for mop up. And consider this, if Bellicheat would even consider sending Mallett to a division rival, what does that say about what he thinks about him as a QB?

Dumbest idea ever!

PTR

I think trading a 1st round pick for a QB who has played one game(Bob Johnson) is a dumber idea......but quibbling over the relatively level of stupidity is something that is alien here, so I'm not going to do it. ;)

Edited by Dibs

Dumbest idea ever!

PTR

Maybe BB doesn't consider the Bills an opponent (we don't qualify as rivals) to be concerned with under any circumstances. The suggestion is to use a third or lower pick to acquire him, not a high pick such as first or second round.

I dont even need to read this thread to know the responses...

1. "Why would they trade him if he was any good" - because he will be a FA BEFORE Brady is done there and could lose him for nothing. In fact, Mallet will be 30 by the time Bradys contract ends, and he isnt going to want to wait until 30 to get a shot in the league. And with a weak QB class, NE could get the most value for him THIS YEAR.

2. "He's slow and a coke head" - First off, he has good foot work. Second off, he is faster than Montana, Brady, Manning, and a ton of other top lever QB's this team would kill for. Last I checked the vast majority of SB winning QB's were slow. So who cares. Second, he was RUMORED to have partying issues in college, yet has not had a single off field issue as a pro.

3. "NE got one over on us once, so why not again" - First, Bledsoe and Mallet are not even comparable...Bledsoe was a proven All Pro QB nearing the end of his career and was a good addition to this team at the time. Mallett is a young player with a very high ceiling, arguably an even stronger arm than even Bledsoe (and thats saying a lot) and was considered the best pure passer in a QB rich draft. Second, NE did not get one over on us, Bledsoe did a nice job for this team given the circumstances and his decline in ability. Third, many teams have traded for backups that were unproven and had great success...Farve, Schaub, Hasselbeck, etc. just like some teams have traded for guys that did not work out.

4. "We could have had him for a 3rd, why waste a 2nd" - That time is gone...Farve was a 2nd and was traded for a first...it happens all the time, get over it.

Bottom line is this...if you could spend a 2nd round pick on a questionable QB in this years class, or spend a 2nd round pick on what would be the highest rated QB in this draft class (Mallett) if he was in it and also has 2 years experience in an excellent culture like NE and learning behind someone like Brady, why the hell would you not do it?

Anyone who would rather see us use a 1st or 2nd round pick on a guy in this draft rather than use that same 2nd round pick on someone who in comparison to this class has much more potential, the biggest arm, best pure passer, and has 2 years experience behind Brady and learning in NE is just nuts.

Make this happen! I wanted him during the draft originally, but would really want him now. Trade our 2nd and then use the 1st on a WR or LB. That would be one hell of a start to the weekend.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Dumbest idea ever!

PTR

:thumbsup:

Dumb seems reign in TBD forums about this time of year as most Bills fans want to trade for every other QB in the league.

If the guy was worth a rodents rear end some other team would have traded for him by now

I dont even need to read this thread to know the responses...

1. "Why would they trade him if he was any good" - because he will be a FA BEFORE Brady is done there and could lose him for nothing. In fact, Mallet will be 30 by the time Bradys contract ends, and he isnt going to want to wait until 30 to get a shot in the league. And with a weak QB class, NE could get the most value for him THIS YEAR.

2. "He's slow and a coke head" - First off, he has good foot work. Second off, he is faster than Montana, Brady, Manning, and a ton of other top lever QB's this team would kill for. Last I checked the vast majority of SB winning QB's were slow. So who cares. Second, he was RUMORED to have partying issues in college, yet has not had a single off field issue as a pro.

3. "NE got one over on us once, so why not again" - First, Bledsoe and Mallet are not even comparable...Bledsoe was a proven All Pro QB nearing the end of his career and was a good addition to this team at the time. Mallett is a young player with a very high ceiling, arguably an even stronger arm than even Bledsoe (and thats saying a lot) and was considered the best pure passer in a QB rich draft. Second, NE did not get one over on us, Bledsoe did a nice job for this team given the circumstances and his decline in ability. Third, many teams have traded for backups that were unproven and had great success...Farve, Schaub, Hasselbeck, etc. just like some teams have traded for guys that did not work out.

4. "We could have had him for a 3rd, why waste a 2nd" - That time is gone...Farve was a 2nd and was traded for a first...it happens all the time, get over it.

Bottom line is this...if you could spend a 2nd round pick on a questionable QB in this years class, or spend a 2nd round pick on what would be the highest rated QB in this draft class (Mallett) if he was in it and also has 2 years experience in an excellent culture like NE and learning behind someone like Brady, why the hell would you not do it?

Anyone who would rather see us use a 1st or 2nd round pick on a guy in this draft rather than use that same 2nd round pick on someone who in comparison to this class has much more potential, the biggest arm, best pure passer, and has 2 years experience behind Brady and learning in NE is just nuts.

Make this happen! I wanted him during the draft originally, but would really want him now. Trade our 2nd and then use the 1st on a WR or LB. That would be one hell of a start to the weekend.

I'm not sure that Mallett would be the highest rated qb in this year's draft. Would I give up a third round pick for him? I certainly would. Would I give up a first or second? No on the first round pick for sure, less so on a second.

I had read reports (rumors) that Mike Lombardi from Cleveland was communicating with BB to make a deal. They don't have a second round pick so I am guessing that they would be offering a third or future conditional pick for him.

Would the Bills be willing to pursue such a deal? I doubt it. Nix doesn't strike me as the type of person who is willing to pursue such a deal. His drafting and stand pat approach are less than imaginative and inspiring.

<p>

Didn't the Falcons trade Favre to the Packers after he didn't play at all or very much with them? Buddy Nix hasn't taken a gamble on a qb prospect (other than Levi Brown) during his tenure.

Hello, My name is Brian Brohm and I approve of this message. Seriously, I know what you're trying to say, but at this point Mallett = Brohm.

Unless it's for a 4th or lower pick, I say roll the dice in this draft instead.

Ron Wolf, Packers' GM, was in love with Favre. http://en.wikipedia....iki/Brett_Favre He wanted to draft him while he was with the Jets but the Falcons picked him in the 2nd. It was a giant risk and Farve wasn't known yet for being a total knucklehead like Mallett was/ is and Farve can actually move around.

So there is a small chance Mallett is a HOFer in waiting. There's an even bigger chance he's RJ, Kolb, and hundreds of garbage QBs teams traded for.

Farve got traded because he cared more about the Atlanta night life then the play book. That was a fact i bet even Farve would tell you. He did not take his rookie season seriously at all.

As far as the entire trade for Mallet thing, BB is not dumb. He is watching third round guys come in and win playoff games in their rookie season(R. Wilson). Heck BB may even be saying to himself 'when Brady goes i go. So i might as well get as many guys i need to win now'.

I don't want Mallett, but for those who do...there's no chance the Bills would do it because of this stipulation...

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/the_blitz/2013/02/hold_off_on_the_ryan_mallett_trade_talk_for_now

"Under the new CBA, all players drafted in 2011 or later cannot restructure their contract until they complete their third season. Therefore, any team that acquires Mallett can't sign him to an extension until next year. That could take away from some of his value."

The Bills are simply not trading for their "QB of the future" with one year left on his contract and no way to extend it...LOL

Sucker move. ASk yourself why did they draft him? To be the QB in waiting behind Brady. Now Brady gets a new contract, he is expendable. I doubt they would trade him to a division foe unless they knew he is not up to the job. I would steer clear of trading for him.