Pet Peeves- List them

BringBackFergy

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who don't give the pedestrian the right of way, especially in front of the grocery store or mall or somehting. You know you see me walking, I am not slow by any means and you still speed up to almost side swipe me to get to the nexr facken stop sign! Then you get alllll uppity when I kick the back of your vehicle as it rolls by at 5 mph because you cant be bothered to wait!!!

On a related note, cigarette smokers who throw their butts out of the car while driving anywhere other than a garbage can.

Who told all of these future cancer victims that a wadded up piece of paper and tobacco residue isn't garbage?

People who don't give the pedestrian the right of way, especially in front of the grocery store or mall or somehting. You know you see me walking, I am not slow by any means and you still speed up to almost side swipe me to get to the nexr facken stop sign! Then you get alllll uppity when I kick the back of your vehicle as it rolls by at 5 mph because you cant be bothered to wait!!!

That doesn't happen here in CA too much. When I first moved here I was surprised to see cars stop for me as I was just standing on the curb. I think it was a relatively new law back than. So here it's just the opposite. Yeah I know you have the right of way. Move your !@#$ing ass!!!!

Who told all of these future cancer victims that a wadded up piece of paper and tobacco residue isn't garbage?

And they've banned cigarettes in certain communities not because of second hand smoke but because of the litter. Last I checked littering was already illegal. <_<

That doesn't happen here in CA too much. When I first moved here I was surprised to see cars stop for me as I was just standing on the curb. I think it was a relatively new law back than. So here it's just the opposite. Yeah I know you have the right of way. Move your !@#$ing ass!!!!

In our community we have had one old fella and another young kid hit by cars as they were crossing the street either at night or away from the crosswalk. As a result, everyone stops at the first sight of a person within even 5 feet of the road.

Pet Peeve = Hot chicken wings the next day. They are never as good.

...although Bar B Q wings from LaNova or Just Pizza the next day are just fine.

It's the weirdest thing. People I know who normally would never litter will toss a cigarette anywhere, including my lawn!

And they've banned cigarettes in certain communities not because of second hand smoke but because of the litter. Last I checked littering was already illegal. <_<

I make sure to either wave them by if I am dragging ass or will speed it up. What I cant stand is they blow the stop sign right in front of the store and have the nerve to act like I should wait for them. I visited a few cities and they all stop for pedestrians if they are in the cross walk, if you're trying to J walk ***** gonna get real.

Edited by BUFFALOTONE

What does not making a sandwich for someone have to do with washing your hands after using the restroom?

The sad thing is that he's in the majority of men. While I'm at the sink washing my hands I see far more men simply walk out of the bathroom, many after taking a dump, than stop at the sink to wash. And about half of those that go to the sink simply rinse their hands with water. I'm not sure why they bother.

It's the weirdest thing. People I know who normally would never litter will toss a cigarette anywhere, including my lawn!

I don't really mind the cig thing. It is the filters that are the problem... They don't break down. Go back to filterless cigs and throw them to the wind all I care... Field strip them even better!

The blank stare that I get at the counter when I wander into Starbucks about once a year and order a small, medium or large cup of coffee because I don't speak Italian. My response: "This is America, if you can't figure out what size cup I want, I'll go someplace else." Then they take their best guess.

Nice.

OK this really pisses me off. Every time I go to buy gum at the grocery store or convenience store I can't find cinnamon gum. It's either mint, arctic mint, strawberry arctic blast, apple snow burst, fruity wintergreen, etc. If I wanted fruit fresh mint I'd throw a piece of Juicy Fruit and a piece of Trident mint in my mouth together which would taste like crap....Can't a guy get some plain cinnamon gum anymore (BigRed is good but why not make Five Cinnamon anymore??) Pisses me off.

OK this really pisses me off. Every time I go to buy gum at the grocery store or convenience store I can't find cinnamon gum. It's either mint, arctic mint, strawberry arctic blast, apple snow burst, fruity wintergreen, etc. If I wanted fruit fresh mint I'd throw a piece of Juicy Fruit and a piece of Trident mint in my mouth together which would taste like crap....Can't a guy get some plain cinnamon gum anymore (BigRed is good but why not make Five Cinnamon anymore??) Pisses me off.

Tried Dentyne?

Those stupid stickers on fruits and veggies

The blank stare that I get at the counter when I wander into Starbucks about once a year and order a small, medium or large cup of coffee because I don't speak Italian. My response: "This is America, if you can't figure out what size cup I want, I'll go someplace else." Then they take their best guess.

Stop it...this has never happened! Maybe you interpreted a "c'mon dumb ass, you are not that uber cool that you have never ordered coffee in a Starbucks and just want to look cool o the rest of people in line" look for blank stare you describe above.

But on a coffee note, Luke warm coffee in vey nice restaurants seems to be pervasive these days.if I am getting desert after my meal, I like a cup of hot coffee with it.....is that so hard to do?

Edited by plenzmd1

I like to go into Filthy Ron's and order a cheese burger without the cheese.