Clayton: Bills have interest in Michael Vick (re-signed w/Philly)

Buftex

There are 5 QBs remaining who could start over Fitzpatrick next year...Alex Smith, Geno Smith, Tyler Wilson, Matt Barkley and EJ Manuel

Now if the Bills don't sign Alex Smith and Geno Smith doesn't drop to them, the Bills will be staring down the barrel of a decision with taking a QB like Wilson or Barkley at #8 (I'm sure one of them will be there) or waiting to see if EJ Manuel is still there with their 2nd round pick (which I doubt he will be). So there is a scenario where the Bills will have Fitzpatrick as their starting QB another year.

If I'm the Bills, the only QB I take at #8 is Geno Smith. If he's not there, try to trade back for a 2014 first round pick which would be used in a package to trade up for Johnny Football, Bridgewater, or Boyd in 2014. If that doesn't happen then pick either Ansah or Patterson at #8, then try trade up ahead of second round QB desperate teams to get EJ Manuel.

So, are we assuming Matt Flynn is off the table, for the Bills? Someone is going to trade for him.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, are we assuming Matt Flynn is off the table, for the Bills? Someone is going to trade for him.

I think that there is zero chance the Bills are looking at Matt Flynn. The Bills are either looking for Alex Smith or one of the QBs in this draft.

Matt Flynn is either a push or a downgrade at the QB position to what Ryan Fitzpatrick presently provides.

Is Vick good? No

Does Vick suck? No

Does Fritz suck? Yes

Did Vicks Oline in Philly suck more than fritz? Yes

Who would I rather watch play QB for the Bills, Fritz or Vick? Vick

Would I prefer other QBs to Vick? Yes, but if the choice is fritz or Vick, Vick wins unanimous dec.

Ugh.... Like asking if you'd rather Jeff George or bernie kosar. No matter which on it is they will be THE reason the team isn't as good as it should be.

Sure looks like Vick's agent sensed very little interest outside of Philly, otherwise no way Vick signs a one year deal for 10 mil to possibly backup Foles.

Vick really wanted to stay in Philly and play in Chip Kelly's offense. Had nothing to do with any interest or lack thereof from any other team.

Vick really wanted to stay in Philly and play in Chip Kelly's offense. Had nothing to do with any interest or lack thereof from any other team.

According to Vick?

I'm sure that both came into play. Vick fits Kelly's mold (based on Oregon) infinitely better than Foles. Vick takes a 1 year chance that he'll perform well and get one more contract.

Meanwhile...I can't imagine that there was much interest in Vick around the league. Now he's guaranteed 3.5 million, another 3.5 for making the roster, then incentives based on playing time. It's a no brainer for Philly. 3.5 mill and if he sucks during TC you cut him. Vick on the other hand is looking at this as $7.0 million guaranteed plus incentives. Not bad for one season.

@ProFootballTalk

Michael Vick thinks he can 4un for 1,000 yards in Chip Kelly's offense

http://profootballta...kellys-offense/

At this point, Vick is not the starter. He's made no secret in the recent past that he considers himself a starter only. Yet now he's taking a pay cut to try out for the job. Philly knew the market for him was weak and made a low ball offer. He took it. This one's not hard to figure out. It's the only deal that made sense for either party.

Also, you missed the past 2 seasons, but Vick would be long term disability well before he came close to running for 1000 yards. He rarely outran anyone last year.

At this point, Vick is not the starter. He's made no secret in the recent past that he considers himself a starter only. Yet now he's taking a pay cut to try out for the job. Philly knew the market for him was weak and made a low ball offer. He took it. This one's not hard to figure out. It's the only deal that made sense for either party.

Also, you missed the past 2 seasons, but Vick would be long term disability well before he came close to running for 1000 yards. He rarely outran anyone last year.

Agreed on this being a good deal for both parties He does look quite a bit slower than earlier in his career. No surprise given the punishment he's absorbed behind that putrid Eagle line. We'll see how well he thrives in Kelly's system.

@ProFootballTalk

Michael Vick thinks he can 4un for 1,000 yards in Chip Kelly's offense

http://profootballta...kellys-offense/

Just goes to show that Vick hasn't learned one damn thing.

Vick should try to finally become an actual quarterback.

The fact that he's even thinking of running the ball indicates a complete lack of self-awareness and self-development.

Just goes to show that Vick hasn't learned one damn thing.

Vick should try to finally become an actual quarterback.

The fact that he's even thinking of running the ball indicates a complete lack of self-awareness and self-development.

Stupidity and Arrogance aren't a great mix. Unfortunately for Vick, those two words define exactly who and what he is.