Clayton: Bills have interest in Michael Vick (re-signed w/Philly)

Buftex

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I strongly agree. Even if they keep Levitre I do not know if they are really an above average OL.

I am also not going to accept the line of thought that Cordy Glenn is going to be a good left tackle until he proves it. He is a big, soft bodied guy who had somewhat of a reputation as not being a self-starter, so he still has a lot of proving to do. I really would rather see him on the right side with an athlete like Joeckel on the left.

Speaking of the right side, the ROT was a problem last year. Mainly because of injuries, which happens to be a problem with this line. They aren't one of those lines that is going to start every game together. Eric "Balsa" Wood being almost a certainty to suffer some sort of injury. Pears, Urbik, Reinhardt, Colin Brown.....these guys all missed time.

I've been saying in other threads that we need to improve the Oline. Either take Fisher/Joeckel at 8 or move down and take Lane Johnson.

Where have you heard that?

Check many of the various threads concerning Bills upcoming draft.

Well, if Goodell doesn't dissuade Vick from Coming to Buffalo AGAIN, then this may be a viable short term solution. There are some moving parts involved, like our ability to resign Levitre. But if that were to happen, and we got Vick, on a team friendly restructured deal, it could be a perfect way to transition to a young QB. As someone astutely pointed out earlier, Vick has not been able to stay healthy, EVER, so the chances of him doing so now are slim and none. With our OLINE intact, CJ and stevie, plus whoever we bring in, Vick could thrive for a 8-14 games, and when he eventually does get hurt, the rookie gets his shot. Its almost a win-win scenario, if everything were working in our favor.

I could be wrong, but didn't the Eagles try to make Vick into a pocket type passer? Biggest problem in Philly was the line. Give Vick a good line, a great running game, and under Marone's system - high paced, kelly gun offense. I think it would interesting. A guy like Vick seems to be a better fit for that style than Fitz does. IMO.

Never thought of it that way but that would be spot on!

Vick has a cannon, but accuracy is not his best attribute, and after taking a few shots he looks scared n runnnig for his life. This was mostly because the Eagles O-line was terrible. I do think that B-lo's line is far better than the eagles. Vick could play better here? I just dont see briging him in when Fitz will give the same amount of wins or more!(This is just my opinion) If they plan on runnng the read option, then Vick would be better suited, and this is the only reason i see him playing in B-lo other wise its another year of Fitz. Who knows Fitz may do better with an O that ran first and depended on his "arm" less. All in all, it really depends on what our new coaching staff wants to run!

Vick could never run a read option offense. He's too dumb. He had a decent O-line in '11 and he crapped out then too. He's just not smart enough to play today's game. Every play where he can't find his primary receiver immediately is a busted play. He can't even outrun anyone anymore.

Vicksters are delusional. His career is what it is. Only one season with over 8 wins. And that was before he fell apart. Why on earth would this be the guy anyone would want.

"Fitz sucks. Let's bring in.....Mike Vick"??! Insanity.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Talk about being conflicted.

That would be the fan base if they did get him and The Bills became relevant again with Ron Mexico being the face of the team.

Say what you will about his rehab, and I'm glad for him that he went through all the steps. But that's the kind of thing that cuts too deep for a lot of people. It won't allow them to put that crap aside mentally and cheer for him as the leader of the team they're emotionally tied to.

That said, he's old, beat up, and wants a ton of cash and to be the starter. He could just stay in Philly, take less money than his current contract, and be the temporary solution while they groom a young guy. If he's not interested in doing that for the Iggles, what makes anyone think he'd uproot his family (he just bought a big house - no pun intended - in NJ, is married to a successful Philadelphia business woman) and move to B'lo for Fitz money? Any suitor will have to pony up some serious cash to get him to move, especially if they're offering essentially the same deal as he could get by staying put.

Nothing wrong with bringing in a semi-competent QB who will make the opponents game plan harder while we groom a rookie QB

yes , i think there is alot wrong with that.

Vick a mentor ?

Bringing him in would be messy at best. restructure Fitz or bring in a viable starter who is not a stopgap.

imro.

Vick is done producing