Kiper/McShay mock draft 2.0

Wayne Cubed

Kiper/McShay's mock draft 2.0 is out and here is the top 15(yes it's still too early):

McShay

1. Chiefs - Star Lotulelei

2. Jaguars - Bjoern Werner

3. Raiders - Dee Milliner

4. Eagles - Luke Joeckel

5. Lions - Dion Jordan

6. Cardinals - Eric Fisher

7. Browns - Barkevious Mingo

8. Bills - Geno Smith

9. Jets - Jarvis Jones

10. Titans - Chance Warmack

11. Chargers - Lane Johnson

12. Dolphins - Kenny Vaccaro

13. Bucs - Damontre Moore

14. Panthers - Sharrif Floyd

15. Saints - Ezekiel Ansah

Kiper

1. Chiefs -Luke Joeckel

2. Jaguars - Damontre Moore

3. Raiders - Star Lotulelei

4. Eagles - Dee Milliner

5. Lions - Jarvis Jones

6. Cardinals - Bjoern Werner

7. Browns - Eric Fisher

8. Bills - Alec Ogletree

9. Jets - Dion Jordan

10. Titans - Barkevious Mingo

11. Chargers - Jonathan Cooper

12. Dolphins - Cordarrelle Patterson

13. Bucs - Manti Te'o

14. Panthers - Sheldon Richardson

15. Saints - Sharrif Floyd

Discuss.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. I cannot even fathom a scenario where no QB is taken in the top 15.

I'm with you. Every year there is a run on QB's. Guys that are supposed to be 2nd rounders get taken in the top 10. Teams always reach for a QB if they think that is the guy they want

I can't either. Obviously free agency will determine some of this, but I can't see the Cardinals passing on a QB especially if they get their ist choice of them.

With Larry Fitzgerald and Michael Floyd being a first round pick, I would think that they will really push to get Alex Smith. How long is Fitzgerald supposed to wait for a real QB? Is he supposed to wait a few years for the rookie to be good enough?

I think the Bills and Cards will be the top teams trying to get Alex Smith. If the Bills get Smith then I could see them drafting Cordarrelle Patterson with the #8 pick. The lines have been bolstered the last couple of years and now is the time for the QB and WR situation to be solidified.

Lande has Nassib #1 on his list of 200 best prospects for the draft. We have 1 QB going in RD1,and he goes to Philly at #4.

He or Nassib I'm fine with at #8, pending their combine and pro day.

You must be kidding. There is nothing special about Nassib. Maybe you could say his NFL ceiling is him being as good as Dalton or Fitzpatrick, but that's about it. He's not fast, he's not athletic, his arm is just ok, his deep throws are not good at all. He looks scared when there's pressure. He was petrified in the Senior Bowl. What is special about him that makes you think he's a franchise player?

Here's an exercise in judging a potential draftable QB...if he were to be drafted by a team in my division would I be worried for the Bills? Would you worry about the Jets drafting Nassib? The Pats? Not only would I not worry, I'd welcome it!

Would I worry if the Pats or Jets picked Tyler Wilson or EJ manuel. Yes I would!

There is nothing special about Nassib. Maybe you could say his NFL ceiling is him being as good as Dalton or Fitzpatrick, but that's about it. He's not fast, he's not athletic, his arm is just ok, his deep throws are not good at all. He looks scared when there's pressure. He was petrified in the Senior Bowl. What is special about him that makes you think he's a franchise player?

This is the exact same thing people said about Tom Brady going into the draft. I'm not saying Nassib compares to Brady. I'm saying that nobody knows for sure about any of these guys.

This is the exact same thing people said about Tom Brady going into the draft. I'm not saying Nassib compares to Brady. I'm saying that nobody knows for sure about any of these guys.

Tom Brady had shown the ability to bring back his college teams with his arm. What was revealed in the "The Brady Six" was that NFL teams were freaked out that he kept losing his job the Henson and that he looked so skinny and frail in person.

Comparing Nassib with Brady is ridiculous. Nassib's successes came from the short, quick, one read college passing system. Brady's successes came from an NFL-like system where you have to challenge the defense with deep throws. Nassib's deep throws look horrible and rarely accurate. I get that people want Ryan Nassib to be a "Johnny Football" local boy savior for the Bills but the video just doesn't lie. His ceiling is Andy Dalton, a guy who will always be an average NFL quarterback. However I don't think he will ever reach that ceiling since his long throws are no where close to what Dalton's were when he came out of college. You can't teach that.

This is irony, right?

They said that about Brady, which is why he was a SIXTH ROUNDER. Why in hell would you draft a guy like that #8, given that it's impossible to identify a Brady??

I'd be pretty happy with Kiper's draft - get the LB they're desperate for and no QB's taken so lots of opportunity to trade back up or grab one in the second.

Edited by BobChalmers

No way Smith falls to 8. I think Alec would be a solid add. Oh yeah and theres this:

In September 2010, Ogletree was arrested and charged with misdemeanor theft stemming from a June incident of a stolen scooter helmet. Ogletree was suspended by Georgia for the first game of the season

No way Smith falls to 8. I think Alec would be a solid add. Oh yeah and theres this:

In September 2010, Ogletree was arrested and charged with misdemeanor theft stemming from a June incident of a stolen scooter helmet. Ogletree was suspended by Georgia for the first game of the season

Agreed, and Id be willing to trade up to #3 if he lasts that long. If Smith doesnt go 1 or 2, then we need to get in before the Eagles and Cardinals, and before anyone else trades up.

WRT the Ogletree arrest, that don't concern me much. Or at all.

Kiper/McShay's mock draft 2.0 is out and here is the top 15(yes it's still too early):

McShay

1. Chiefs - Star Lotulelei

2. Jaguars - Bjoern Werner

3. Raiders - Dee Milliner

4. Eagles - Luke Joeckel

5. Lions - Dion Jordan

6. Cardinals - Eric Fisher

7. Browns - Barkevious Mingo

8. Bills - Geno Smith

9. Jets - Jarvis Jones

10. Titans - Chance Warmack

11. Chargers - Lane Johnson

12. Dolphins - Kenny Vaccaro

13. Bucs - Damontre Moore

14. Panthers - Sharrif Floyd

15. Saints - Ezekiel Ansah

Kiper

1. Chiefs -Luke Joeckel

2. Jaguars - Damontre Moore

3. Raiders - Star Lotulelei

4. Eagles - Dee Milliner

5. Lions - Jarvis Jones

6. Cardinals - Bjoern Werner

7. Browns - Eric Fisher

8. Bills - Alec Ogletree

9. Jets - Dion Jordan

10. Titans - Barkevious Mingo

11. Chargers - Jonathan Cooper

12. Dolphins - Cordarrelle Patterson

13. Bucs - Manti Te'o

14. Panthers - Sheldon Richardson

15. Saints - Sharrif Floyd

Discuss.

Oglethorpe?

Chris Brown stated on the radio yesterday that he spoke with Nix during the season and Nix stated Smith only was told to read half the field and make a decision. Brown intimated basically that Nix may think he's limited mentally because he said the Wonderlic and other team test will impact opinions on QBs like Smith.

I've stated it endless times, give me a QB with a Wonderlic above 22. No QB has ever won a Super Bowl with a score less than that (based on scores I have found). In any case, you can win regular season games and even the occassional playoff game but if you think you can win a Super Bowl with one of these low teens athletic freaks, you're wrong. And sure a high scores are no guarantee (see: Fitzpatrick, Ryan) but if you're going to pick a QB to win with and build around, skip the Losmans (11 or so his first time)!!!

Just to show you:

Flacco - 27

Brady - 33

Rodgers - 35

E Manning - 39

P Manning - 28

Brees - 28

Roethlisberger - 25

I won't waste time collecting the scores of all the first round busts and some decent playoff game winners.

But the bottomline appears to be that Super Bowl wins are positively correlated to higher wonderlics. If I were a GM, I wouldn't waste a pick on a guy below about 22.