Big Game Thread

NoSaint

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if the advertisers are pissed off ?

Obviously they can't run the commericals as the advertisers want them ran during the game. So we have this odd "commercial free" nearly 1/2 hour period where the announcers have to ad lib. I think they ran out of things to say 20 minutes ago. We're even getting replays of the outage.

Obviously they can't run the commericals as the advertisers want them ran during the game. So we have this odd "commercial free" nearly 1/2 hour period where the announcers have to ad lib. I think they ran out of things to say 20 minutes ago. We're even getting replays of the outage.

And with a spread like this in the score people will tune out

How old is this stadium?

Better question is: how old is the New Orleans power grid? After Katrina, it's probably held together by spit and twine, no matter how well they rebuilt the stadium.

That was, in its own odd way, more compelling than the game.

Better question is: how old is the New Orleans power grid? After Katrina, it's probably held together by spit and twine, no matter how well they rebuilt the stadium.

The allure of that whole event was the saga that CBS turned it in to, several times bringing up the league has no comment, then showing an irate Harbaugh, and trying to lead to conclusions with speculation that was wide and varying.

Good point.

Realistically, probably not the issue. This was a direct line for the stadium (ie not a bubble gum and twine line). The stadium and arena hold hundreds of events annually, flawlessly. If I had to guess based on what we know so far it's something more directly related to the production of the game than the fact that much of New Orleans is challenged with its grid.

Edited by NoSaint