Randy Moss

I'll answer your question with a question. Why eat steak later when you can get rack of lamb to go? And why eat rack of lamb in your car when you can have seared foie gras on brioche with cherry gastrique? If not now, when? If not a QB then who?

Love lamb but hate French cooking which ruins it.

Like this board some go to far.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think aging super stars and first ballot hall of famers are looking to get in on the ground floor of a turnaround on a team entering its 13th year of rebuilding, with a rookie head coach, offensive coordinator and no QB. Typically, people with Randy's resume and only a year or two left try to sign with super bowl contenders, like the 49ers or the Patriots.

Jauronimo speaks for me, in both of his posts.

Mmmm. Foie Gras.

Will be a free agent. Wants to play next year. Bills want a receiver that's open even when he's not. Who we be on board to bring in Moss at reasonable price? Perfect scenario would be to get a tackle in draft at 8, draft linebacker with 2nd, get anotheroung receiver(Patton) with 3rd. Bring in a stop gap QB (Campbell) or keep Tavaris. Get franchise QB in next years draft. Thoughts?

Randy Moss would never play for Buffalo. He wants to play for a contender. He's looking for a shot at one more championship before he retires. Frisco, Pats, a team like that, one who is a serious contender.. Buffalo is at least 2 years and 2 more drafts away from being a playoff team. Moss will probably be retired by then. :doh:

Sure Cordy Glenn is playing well, but what of the other side? Yes they have a need at QB, but why eat Spam when you can have steak later. Next years class gives you a better chance of getting that "franchise" QB we are looking for. If we continue to draft top talented players instead of reaching for a position of need (remember Losman) we will continue to spin our wheels.

Even in the next years draft, there are only 1-2 can't miss for sure QBs and they will be gone with a Top-5 pick. There is no guarantee that the Bills will get one of the Top-3 picks to rope in that kind of franchise QB

Some of these posts are really getting pathetic! There's one poster that justs posts away, even if it means replying to his own posts! Then you got this wild fantasy about Randy Moss....In his day Randy Moss was an exceptional WR, but really? Sounds like the making of another cereal box to me: Flutie Flakes, T.O. Box of whatever, and now possibly Moss's Marshmallow flakes! Whatever...

This whole segment opened up with someone suggesting we should get Campbell (I take it as Jason Campbell)...as a stop gap at QB? Come on seriously?? and because Manuel was the only QB who had a decent (not great) day at the Senior Bowl we're suppose to pursue him? Really?

This is why I try not to look at these posts too much, nor reply. You got some crazy ideas out there and I think maybe the experts should figure it out if capable. One of these posters wants a tackle before anything else, another wants a defensive lineman? Really?

Here is what I know... We need a new face at starting QB! Regardless of where he comes from we need to draft a potential franchise QB within the first 3 rounds. We need a WR (or two) who has a combination of size and speed. We are in desperate need of linebackers and will not totally solve this problem in the draft! We need to add a capable CB (again 2 would be nice).

We probably still have as many holes as the piece of swiss cheese that is in my sandwich, but if you get Curly, Larry, and Moe (QB's) out of here, and Get the best free agent available, draft T.Wilson or Mike Glennon, and maybe take a flyer on Nassib in the 3rd (if he's there) I'd like our future much better than I do now! I know some of you want to hang onto Fitz, but I'm sorry he's gotta go!

In the 2nd or 3rd grab a WR, 4TH get a CB, 5TH a LB.....Yeah, the round can vary, but you get the idea....We drafted heavy on defense last year, and this year I think we need to at least draft early and often on offense! Well it's late, I said what needed to be said, and wish all a good night!

Will be a free agent. Wants to play next year. Bills want a receiver that's open even when he's not. Who we be on board to bring in Moss at reasonable price? Perfect scenario would be to get a tackle in draft at 8, draft linebacker with 2nd, get another young receiver(Patton) with 3rd. Bring in a stop gap QB (Campbell) or keep Tavaris. Get franchise QB in next years draft. Thoughts?

No, he's washed up, time to get some young TALENT in here.

Even in the next years draft, there are only 1-2 can't miss for sure QBs and they will be gone with a Top-5 pick. There is no guarantee that the Bills will get one of the Top-3 picks to rope in that kind of franchise QB

How many teams will be looking for a "franchise" QB next year? As for one or two, I named 4 that would have been 1st rounders had they come out.(Murray, Boyd, Bridgewater, McCarron)

Some of these posts are really getting pathetic! There's one poster that justs posts away, even if it means replying to his own posts! Then you got this wild fantasy about Randy Moss....In his day Randy Moss was an exceptional WR, but really? Sounds like the making of another cereal box to me: Flutie Flakes, T.O. Box of whatever, and now possibly Moss's Marshmallow flakes! Whatever...

This whole segment opened up with someone suggesting we should get Campbell (I take it as Jason Campbell)...as a stop gap at QB? Come on seriously?? and because Manuel was the only QB who had a decent (not great) day at the Senior Bowl we're suppose to pursue him? Really?

This is why I try not to look at these posts too much, nor reply. You got some crazy ideas out there and I think maybe the experts should figure it out if capable. One of these posters wants a tackle before anything else, another wants a defensive lineman? Really?

Here is what I know... We need a new face at starting QB! Regardless of where he comes from we need to draft a potential franchise QB within the first 3 rounds. We need a WR (or two) who has a combination of size and speed. We are in desperate need of linebackers and will not totally solve this problem in the draft! We need to add a capable CB (again 2 would be nice).

We probably still have as many holes as the piece of swiss cheese that is in my sandwich, but if you get Curly, Larry, and Moe (QB's) out of here, and Get the best free agent available, draft T.Wilson or Mike Glennon, and maybe take a flyer on Nassib in the 3rd (if he's there) I'd like our future much better than I do now! I know some of you want to hang onto Fitz, but I'm sorry he's gotta go!

In the 2nd or 3rd grab a WR, 4TH get a CB, 5TH a LB.....Yeah, the round can vary, but you get the idea....We drafted heavy on defense last year, and this year I think we need to at least draft early and often on offense! Well it's late, I said what needed to be said, and wish all a good night!

I'm just saying DON'T REACH! If Glennon fall to you in the third, then so be it. We need to solidify the offensive line. ProFootballFocus has us rated at 13 and calls our other tackle a "DUD"

He is a shadow of his former self. Frankly, given that he's a HOF type player, I'm stunned and how bad he has looked over the past couple of seasons. He really needs to retire.

. Kinda on his last wheels now. There was a time he was just going thru the motions

Really--seriously? Whatever..

Moss said in an interview today that he was the best receiver of all time. He apparently never heard of another 49ers WR who wore #80 and really was the best ever. Polian was on his NFL radio show today and was not happy with this statement. He named at least 10 other receivers that he said he would rather have had over Moss and sited numerous reasons for not believing Moss should even be in the HOF. (although he conceded that he will most likely get in on the first ballot)

Polian then started campaigning for Andre Reed to be in the Hall and said it was rediculous that he was not in yet. He was very complimentary of Reed as a player and was clearly very passionate on this topic.

I hope his comments about it being rediculous that Reed is not in, isnt a sign that he's got word that Reed Didnt make the cut again this year and he's pissed about it. Just feels like that's the situation and conversation that was being discussed.

And yes, Moss is probably top 2-3 of all time regardless of how much people hate him. He should absolutely be in first ballot, no questions asked.

Just out of curiosity, who were some of the ten that he said were better? Rice is really the only one I would put above moss. Calvin Johnson when all is said and done might pass him.... But yeah, moss is clearly one of the best talent wise. If he had the work ethic he would probably be the Barry sanders of wide receivers