Randy Moss

Will be a free agent. Wants to play next year. Bills want a receiver that's open even when he's not. Who we be on board to bring in Moss at reasonable price? Perfect scenario would be to get a tackle in draft at 8, draft linebacker with 2nd, get another young receiver(Patton) with 3rd. Bring in a stop gap QB (Campbell) or keep Tavaris. Get franchise QB in next years draft. Thoughts?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think aging super stars and first ballot hall of famers are looking to get in on the ground floor of a turnaround on a team entering its 13th year of rebuilding, with a rookie head coach, offensive coordinator and no QB. Typically, people with Randy's resume and only a year or two left try to sign with super bowl contenders, like the 49ers or the Patriots.

Edited by Jauronimo

Not on board at all. Moss has really hit the wall. He just doesn't get separation anymore and lost his break away speed. We drafted Glenn to be our LT in rd 2 last year and he's coming around nicely. Our needs ar Qb. Lbs, and safety. Just remember the league is QB driven and a stop gap qb is just that and will just give us another year of , well, nothing.

Edited by billsfan_34

I don't think aging super stars and first ballot hall of famers are looking to get in on the ground floor of a play for a team entering its 13th year of rebuilding, with a rookie head coach, offensive coordinator and no QB. Typically, people with Randy's resume and only a year or two left try to sign with super bowl contenders, like the 49ers or the Patriots.

This.

Moss might give a reasonable effort playing for a team that is highly likely to be in the playoffs, offers him some spotlight, and has a QB who can throw the ball. Buffalo offers none of those things; he'd be bored within 20 minutes in Buffalo and his play would reflect that.

Plus, he's old.

Not on board at all. Moss has really hit the wall. He just doesn't get separation anymore and lost his break away speed. We drafted Glenn to be our LT in rd 2 last year and he's coming around nicely. Our needs ar Qb. Lbs, and safety. Just remember the league is QB driven and a stop gap qb is just that and will just give us another year of , well, nothing.

Sure Cordy Glenn is playing well, but what of the other side? Yes they have a need at QB, but why eat Spam when you can have steak later. Next years class gives you a better chance of getting that "franchise" QB we are looking for. If we continue to draft top talented players instead of reaching for a position of need (remember Losman) we will continue to spin our wheels.

Sure Cordy Glenn is playing well, but what of the other side? Yes they have a need at QB, but why eat Spam when you can have steak later. Next years class gives you a better chance of getting that "franchise" QB we are looking for. If we continue to draft top talented players instead of reaching for a position of need (remember Losman) we will continue to spin our wheels.

I'll answer your question with a question. Why eat steak later when you can get rack of lamb to go? And why eat rack of lamb in your car when you can have seared foie gras on brioche with cherry gastrique? If not now, when? If not a QB then who?

I'll answer your question with a question. Why eat steak later when you can get rack of lamb to go? And why eat rack of lamb in your car when you can have seared foie gras on brioche with cherry gastrique? If not now, when? If not a QB then who?

Next years class have better crop of QBs. Get OT for other side of Cordy, build dominant Oline. Grab LBs and WRs. Just don't reach! Can't believe I'm responding to Jauron. Yuck!

Who's throwing moss the ball? Fritz?? Lol yeah. Makes total sense.....

No, build dominant Oline, get stop gap QB in Jason Campbell, get "franchise" QB in next year draft (Aaron Murray, Teddy Bridgewater, AJ McCarron, Tajh Boyd, etc)

We are.not gonna spend a high draft pick on the o line. JP sucked can't argue that.Bottome line is the Bills need a QB.

I don't think aging super stars and first ballot hall of famers are looking to get in on the ground floor of a turnaround on a team entering its 13th year of rebuilding, with a rookie head coach, offensive coordinator and no QB. Typically, people with Randy's resume and only a year or two left try to sign with super bowl contenders, like the 49ers or the Patriots.

Unless they've handled their money like Warren Sapp.

I like the idea of adding to the O-line, but I think there will be value in later rounds. I'd like a LB first. Also, if we get a veteran stopgap at QB I would not be against not drafting one this year and loading up at LB, WR, DB, line based on BPA at time of pick.

Next years class have better crop of QBs. Get OT for other side of Cordy, build dominant Oline. Grab LBs and WRs. Just don't reach! Can't believe I'm responding to Jauron. Yuck!

No, build dominant Oline, get stop gap QB in Jason Campbell, get "franchise" QB in next year draft (Aaron Murray, Teddy Bridgewater, AJ McCarron, Tajh Boyd, etc)

So who cares about adding moss for a year? Pointless IMO