Inside tale of Ray Lewis' parking-lot brawl homicide case

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad story and pretty much tells ray stabbed one of the victims and settled out of court and just shows how f up are courts are as money wins but in the end God has power of all !

English not your first language? There isn't anything in that story that says Ray stabbed someone. In fact, there was never a single piece of evidence or testimony by anyone that at any point ever suggested Ray actually stabbed someone. Was he probably throwing punches, sure, but that does not equate to taking a knife and inserting it into another mans flesh. His two friends should have been convicted, but that doesn't mean Ray took those guys lives personally.

English not your first language? There isn't anything in that story that says Ray stabbed someone. In fact, there was never a single piece of evidence or testimony by anyone that at any point ever suggested Ray actually stabbed someone. Was he probably throwing punches, sure, but that does not equate to taking a knife and inserting it into another mans flesh. His two friends should have been convicted, but that doesn't mean Ray took those guys lives personally.

Just jealous fans. Ray is a man. Wish we would have had a LB with his killer instinct.

Ray is at most an accessory to murder. He's guilty of covering up. He's also guilty of hiding behind the bible to protect his name. If he were a real Christian, he'd forgive the family and fade into the sunset. Every time he publicly mentions god without repenting is a crime. This guy needs some a-hole reporter to make a name for himself at media day. Someone has to have the nads to stand up to ray, while the lights are on, and ask him some serious questions about his faith. We welkers wife was right. Hide behind the bible after participating n 2 guys deaths while not acknowledging your multiple children from multiple mamas. A truly hollow and vile human being. With that said, I'd take him on the bills in a heartbeat! I just hope that the HOF voters pass him over on the first ballot for his past. Yes, he's HOF worthy, just like bonds, McGwire, Clemens, and oj Simpson. But a message will be sent if he has to wait 6 rather than 5 seasons.

Sad story and pretty much tells ray stabbed one of the victims and settled out of court and just shows how f up are courts are as money wins but in the end God has power of all !

Huh?

Seems to me that all it shows is that two of the guys that he was with stabbed them and all he was doing was being in their group.

Put yourself in his shoes, he's right, anything that would have come out of that night was "on him."

Case in point, how many of the other 7 in their entourage are even even mentioned? They're not mentioned in this piece either.

And it says that shots were fired at his car. Don't know about you, but I'd have hightailed it outta there too.

If his clothes were bloodied, could very easily have been from mere association and being nearby, trying to strip "his guys" off off "the pile" to get outta there, etc.

Here's the thing tho, the victims weren't exactly two clean-cut kids in grad school at Duke who confronted those in Lewis' party with cutting in line or something, sounds like they were semi-thugs. They both had prior records.

Who knows what happened, but I for one believe most of Lewis' account. Either way, what I don't believe is that he personally put a knife into anyone's chest. There's zero evidence for that. I have no idea why if he didn't he should be convicted of murder as so many insist that he should have been. The settling of the civil suit doesn't mean anything, it happens all the time.

Also, the media trying to make NO associated with Atlanta to me is disingenuous.

Exactly.

And why no outcry to have the other 7 in his party also charged, and/or some of those in the victims' parties too.

This is all clearly media driven.

I feel bad for Ray who has truly, unlike Belichick, turned his life around after incidents, altho the differences in the two incidents notwithstanding.

Ray is at most an accessory to murder. He's guilty of covering up. He's also guilty of hiding behind the bible to protect his name. If he were a real Christian, he'd forgive the family and fade into the sunset. Every time he publicly mentions god without repenting is a crime. This guy needs some a-hole reporter to make a name for himself at media day. Someone has to have the nads to stand up to ray, while the lights are on, and ask him some serious questions about his faith. We welkers wife was right. Hide behind the bible after participating n 2 guys deaths while not acknowledging your multiple children from multiple mamas. A truly hollow and vile human being. With that said, I'd take him on the bills in a heartbeat! I just hope that the HOF voters pass him over on the first ballot for his past. Yes, he's HOF worthy, just like bonds, McGwire, Clemens, and oj Simpson. But a message will be sent if he has to wait 6 rather than 5 seasons.

And you see no hypocrisy in your post here?

I feel bad for Ray who has truly, unlike Belichick, turned his life around after incidents, altho the differences in the two incidents notwithstanding.

You have no problem with placing video taping a jets DC in the same category as obstruction of justice in a multiple murder? And Belichick needs to turn his life around?

This place is creepy weird on the Patriots.

And you see no hypocrisy in your post here?

I see that he's a better MLB that Barnett and that he has made bad choices outside of football. I'm not being a hypocrite wanting him on my team. I am being a hypocrite for judging Lewis' publicly stated values though. I'll at least give you that.

I pretty much agree with your entire post.

I don't believe that Lewis actually stabbed either one of the victims, at the same time I find it difficult to believe that Lewis was just leaning against the limo when all this fighting was going on.

I would love to see the Hall of Fame take a pass on him on his first year of eligibility and have him wait an extra year. If the Hall of Fame committee can have Ed Debartalo Jr. & Charles Haley wait because of legal & character issues, they can do the same for Ray Lewis.

Look, whether you like Ray Lewis or don't, whether you think that murder trial was crooked or don't, let's not make stuff up. Where do you get this stuff about not acknowledging his children?

I tried Google and the only thing I could come up with that even looks questionable was Lewis contending a petition to increase the child support he pays for one son from the current $42,000 a year ($3,500/month) he's been paying since 2001 (admittedly not much for an NFL superstar). Lewis counter-petition is for the court to appoint a guardianship for his son to ensure that the child support he pays goes to support his son (the Babymomma has 1 million in debts and a child by another man). That sounds trashy, but not on Lewis side and a long cry from "not acknowledging his children". He has stated one motive for retiring is to watch his oldest son play football for Miami. It's also on the record that he does considerable charitable work. Reportedly most of the money of the civil suit settlement went to the child of one of the victims. If you believe Lewis was more involved than the record shows, that means he was guilty of drunken errors in judgement when young. How does that make him a hollow and vile human being, unless everyone who made drunken errors in judgement when young is a hollow and vile human being for the rest of their lives no matter what else they do?

Faith, in my viewpoint, is between a man and God. God will judge whether Ray Lewis faith is hollow or sincere. We don't have to, and to try, can only reflect poorly on us.

If we want to lambast a sports hero for not acknowledging his child, can we do Larry Bird? He's been just heartless towards his daughter - no contact at all, and he'd even been married to her mom.

The point I'm trying to make is like Ray Lewis or don't; think he's phony or don't; but be fair.

PS I have a secret addiction to watching Larry Bird clips on Youtube - loved him as a basketball player. Thought he got off lightly as a man.

Edited by Hopeful

Very nice post. Agree 100%