Inside tale of Ray Lewis' parking-lot brawl homicide case

Lewis didn't murder anyone. Stop it. And while he does ham it up, the man changed for the better and has become an unbelievable leader. Maybe the best in all of sports. I can respect that.

Those leaderships skills don't just pop into somebody's head because they avoided a murder rap. Maybe he showed the same leadership skill in orchestrating a double murder... And then used those same skills to try and double cross his posse... ?? We will NEVER truly know.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic has been beaten into the ground on TBD. Lots of name calling and insults hurled. Ray Lewis is not worth the time or effort any more. I want the Super Bowl be over and him off the NFL stage.

i totally agree, i am sick of ray lewis, his bull$%^^t dancing during his intro at his last baltimore home game was unwatchable.. he epitomizes what the NFL has become, a bunch of self-aggrandizing jerks.. Edited by dwight in philly

Get off my lawn!!!

I understand what you said is a joke about a grumpy old man. But why should people run amok? Seems Ray Lewis has been running amok his whole career just in different ways prior and after the murder(s). There is nothing wrong with shouting: "Get off my lawn!!!" When aholes are tearing it up...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I understand what you said is a joke about a grumpy old man. But why should people run amok? Seems Ray Lewis has been running amok his whole career just in different ways prior and after the murder(s). There is nothing wrong with shouting: "Get off my lawn!!!" When aholes are tearing it up...

He went overboard like most people do when they lump groups together. The majority of the NFL is filled with good guys. And I wasn't there or anyone else. So we have no idea what happened that night. All I know is from that night forward, he has not sniffed trouble and became a leader for a ton of players.

And god forbid the Bills actually get a player with emotion. I will take the flat top and quiet leadership of Chris Kelsy over the wrestling antics of Ray Lewis anyday of the week. :nana:

Don't want to get into this topic to much again since we did discuss this in several other posts so i will summarize a large portion of information:

1) Ray Lewis did not stab anyone

2) Ray Lewis was found guilt of the crime he did commit; Obstruction of Justice ( lying + destroying evidence)

3) Testimonies were changed, however several of the ones that did not conflicted each other on a large scale.

4) Ray Lewis did not pay off the family's, please get your facts strait. He had to pay for a wrongful death suit, 4 years AFTER the trail. This is extremely common, and of course they went after Ray. He had money. and was not guilt of murder, but simply guilt by association and proximity.

5) Ray Lewis's crew did not start the fight. The other two member's were acquitted, even with Ray Lewis's Testimony INCLUDING him showing how his crew member's stabbed the deceased in a violent matter.

6) The deceased were NOT innocent. They had prior records, Started the fight by smashing a bottle over someones head, and were in the possession of fire arms.

7) 2 members's of Ray's crew did indeed go and buy knives the day before. Irrelevant really, just coincidental timing. As someone stated above, you wouldn't knowingly bring only knives to a gun fight. These last two points lead to ----

8) This was NOT a Thrill Killing as the families of the deceased try to make it out to be.

9) The offer for Rays' Testimony was not a some amazing deal he got because he was a football star. It was given because they knew they had no chance of convicting him of murder. The deal was made in an attempt to possibly convict the other two. This didn't happen as the other member's were found innocent because their actions to be self defense.

More on this point. If you are going to sit here and tell us that, in a drunken state, you get assaulted and have a knife on you, that you wouldn't use it to defend yourself, I am going to flat out call you a lair. If someone assaulted me i know dam well the first thing i would reach for is my keys and i would attempt to stab that person in the neck. Now, i may not stab them multiple times, although if they kept coming at me i certainly would not hesitate, but i'll be dammed if i don't make a valid attempt to protect myself and make my attacker stop.

Not sure if i missed anything on the trail, but just wanted to put the actual facts up. A lot of people are jumping to conclusions about articles where the facts have been misrepresented by journalist jumping the gun in an attempt to be right first.

He went overboard like most people do when they lump groups together. The majority of the NFL is filled with good guys. And I wasn't there or anyone else. So we have no idea what happened that night. All I know is from that night forward, he has not sniffed trouble and became a leader for a ton of players.

And god forbid the Bills actually get a player with emotion. I will take the flat top and quiet leadership of Chris Kelsy over the wrestling antics of Ray Lewis anyday of the week. :nana:

I guess we'll just have to take Ray's word on what happened that night. Oh, wait, he's not answering those questions. Guess we'll have to go by the conflicting reports he gave back then as to what reall happened....

"he went overboard like most people do".. is that a fact or just your opinion? in my case i was offering an opinion.

i totally agree, i am sick of ray lewis, his bull$%^^t dancing during his intro at his last baltimore home game was unwatchable.. he epitomizes what the NFL has become, a bunch of self-aggrandizing jerks..

Don't worry.. only 1 game left and you can hate someone else next year.

Don't worry.. only 1 game left and you can hate someone else next year.

really? you like ray lewis? well, he has "turned his life around" ....is the over used cliche' statement im sick of hearing.. the statement that lewis has turned his life around, is it correct to assume that in order to "turn one's life around" there must have been problems to turn around?

Fair enough. I do see the good in that he changed gears and is leading (even if it is over-the-top) a good life!

really? you like ray lewis? well, he has "turned his life around" ....is the over used cliche' statement im sick of hearing.. the statement that lewis has turned his life around, is it correct to assume that in order to "turn one's life around" there must have been problems to turn around?

I didn't say anything besides you only have one more game to go..

Edited by MarkinSanDiego

And of course, not one but two (including one who is quite familiar around here) reporters decides we need to hear about this all over again this week, complete with the gravesite scene.

http://deadspin.com/5979544/how-two-newspapers-wound-up-staging-the-same-sob-story-about-the-ray-lewis-murder-case?utm_source=deadspin.com&utm_medium=recirculation&utm_campaign=recirculation

And of course, not one but two (including one who is quite familiar around here) reporters decides we need to hear about this all over again this week, complete with the gravesite scene.

http://deadspin.com/5979544/how-two-newspapers-wound-up-staging-the-same-sob-story-about-the-ray-lewis-murder-case?utm_source=deadspin.com&utm_medium=recirculation&utm_campaign=recirculation

oh timmy g....