Jamarcus Russell Making a Comeback

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It hurts, peeps. Just like VY and Tjax, It serves as a distraction from actually finding our own capable, competent QB of the future.

He's lost 12 lbs from 320 to 308? Some driven. Get down to playing weight and stay there for 6 months and get taken more seriously.

I'm just shaking my head. I get that we want a QB. I want a QB. Why we continue to lust after everyone's discards to the point of looking for "the biggest bust of all time" has me totally puzzled.

Maybe we should bring Ryan Leaf in for a workout, doesn't hurt.

Criminal is indeed a word to be concerned about, but perhaps just not in the context you're thinking. Drank is a hard one to stay quit of.

I'm still shaking my head. "Greatest bust of all time? Weight issues? Work ethic questions? Questions about his football smarts? Questions about narcotic addiction? He'd be perfect for us! Bring him in! What do we got to lose? It would be criminal not to look at him!"

I swear, we Bills fans act like victims of domestic violence sometimes. We can't even see ourselves with a guy who is the Whole Enchilada.

Let me get this staright, you think having VYoung and Tjax is the reason why we weren't looking to upgrade at the position? That's a rediculous assertion. The more arms in camp the better for competition. If he's serious, why not just give him a look, if he just isnt cutting it, well then, cut him. Why is bringing in a 1st round bust trying to make a return to the NFL with a chip on his shoulder to prove the critics wrong, a bad thing?

Edited by HamSandwhich

We all make mistakes & it seems as the older you get things come more into focus, & i think all of us at one time or another in our lives have had a second chance so what would be so different in giving this guy a second chance ?

As long as his motivation is for the love of the game & wanting to prove that he can be that guy then that's great, but if his motivation is because his check book isn't looking real good then every one needs to steer away from the guy !!

Besides with the money he got for being a first over all QB i don't see how he or any of these guys could go through as much money as fast as they do !!

I just can't quite fathom how someone who made (not earned) $39 million is now broke. That's just incredible to me.

hes been broke for years too. he was broke while he was playing.

and its not the "oh i made some bad investments" or "i was ripped off by my agent"

he was in vegas all the time. like hed leave the games on sunday and fly to vegas instead of back to the team facilities to watch film during the season. he obviously lost enough money there to be comped plenty of buffets.

Edited by NoSaint

There is nothing to lose in giving the guy a workout in training camp if he drops the extrta weight. The guy has the physical tools to play the game, and thats the one thing you can't just teach someone.

No one is saying to sign the guy and make him the starter on day #1 while not drafting a QB or finding one in FA. People are just suggesting that if he works hard this offseason and shows hes commited by getting the weight down, why not bring him in for a workout to see what he has?

We all know that if he makes another team and throws a pass thats complete, the majority of this board will have their pitchforks and torches ready to run the front office out of town for not atleast taking a look at him and exploring every option

Hey wait--when does Ryan Leaf get out??

Please tell me you are all kidding about trying this epic bust out. He was a one season wonder in college. He proved to have zero NFL skills.

Why do the Bills have to be the ones to "try him out"? This is the same kind of silly thinking that gives the FO a pass for every predictably stupid decision they have made for the past 12 years.

Is any other team board asking whether their team should bring in this disaster for a look?

I blame Ralph for this thread.

At TE?

The fact that some might consider him a TE or possibly playing another position is comical.

There was another thread where we discussed having Tebow come in and try out for FB or TE and many shot it down as a dumb idea.

Let's see, both Tebow and Russell were college QB's.

Tebow won several games as QB and actually won a playoff game

Russell - Not

Tebow stays in prime physical condition

Russell - Not

Tebow has a commitment to success and as a team member (stayed silent for the season when he was used sparingly)

Russell - The current coach doesn't want anyone to wear #2 because of his absolute failure as a player and teammate

Tebow - eats good and leads a pretty clean life

Russell - Likes to sip the sippy sip stuff and weighs in at a whopping 330

One of the biggest criticisms of bringing Tebow in for a look is he would be a disruption and how do we know he can catch a football.

In my opinion, the same questions apply to Russell....at this point, Tebow is faster, smarter, more competitive, takes care of his physical condition and has not thrown his career away for substances. I have not found one quote where he denigrates his team or teammates. Yet, are we now saying we should take a look at a loser and cast aside an athlete who is in prime physical condition, has a nose for the game as a competitor and actually respects his teammates.

Craziness.

So, MIchael Clayton is mentoring him. Time is just flying because I was thinking didn't he have a great rookie year a few years ago and how's he doing now? Turns out his rookie year was his only good year and it was now 9 years ago! What the hell happened to him and why would be a good mentor?:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/5540/michael-clayton

Yeah look how bad Vinny testeverde looked in Tampa. He didn't get quite as down and out as Russell, but probably not as much potential either. And Vinny resurrected his career with some strong play for the jets.

And Ravens too, right?

Jabba_a_Hutt.jpg

Better than expected

OMG!! Jamarcus Russell is actually Rex and Rob Ryan's brother???

I'd rather bring back JP Losman or Trent Edwards or give David Carr a try for that matter!!

Edited by BobChalmers

Should bills at least give him a work out?

http://m.nfl.com/new...p1000000129925/

Why not? A 308lb QB who hasn't played in ages HAS to be better than the 3,400 yd, 24 TD QB we have now. I mean anyone can fall out of bed and throw for 3,400 yds and 24 TDs. Who doesn't see that?

PTR

Why not? A 308lb QB who hasn't played in ages HAS to be better than the 3,400 yd, 24 TD QB we have now. I mean anyone can fall out of bed and throw for 3,400 yds and 24 TDs. Who doesn't see that?

PTR

Surely you can't be serious.

(waiting for the punchline from Airplane)

PTR

No one ever doubted Russell's arm, in fact may have been strongest ever in nfl. Its said he could throw it 100 yards. Fitz struggles to throw it 100 feet.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

No one ever doubted Russell's arm, in fact may have been strongest ever in nfl. Its said he could throw it 100 yards. Fitz struggles to throw it 100 feet.

Not saying we can't do better than Fitz. But is Jamarcus Russell someone's idea of an improvement?

PTR

If only his only job was to lob the ball 100 yards with no particular target....

Not saying we can't do better than Fitz. But is Jamarcus Russell someone's idea of an improvement?

PTR

Who knows? But is Alex smith, Flynn, glennon or Wilson in rd1, nassib in rd2, t Jackson the answer? Give em all a shot and find out. Like stevie said we need an open competition at the position. Unfortunately with chan once he gave the ball to fitz we never had that.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack