Russ Brandon at the Senior Bowl

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Delete this thread. It's bad. Real bad. Someone complaining because our CEO is at the senior bowl with several other scouts and reps. People will always find something to cry about. You should be happy he's there.

you got this right brother.

All of the agents are there as well, right? Like the ones whose clients he might be interested in re-signing? And other GMs and executives - you know, his colleagues, whom he may want to trade with, etc.?

That is what I was thinking. There are obvious business opportunities available there, whether it is making small talk with agents or getting a feel for what other teams might be doing personel wise.

Lots of reasons to doubt brandon, but him being in Alabama isn't a problem. Problem will be of whaley/nix continue to fail, and he didn't rid of them sooner

That is what I was thinking. There are obvious business opportunities available there, whether it is making small talk with agents or getting a feel for what other teams might be doing personel wise.

Lots of reasons to doubt brandon, but him being in Alabama isn't a problem. Problem will be of whaley/nix continue to fail, and he didn't rid of them sooner

No no no thats far too logical. Can't we just say he sucks and we hate him and the Bills?

I think that as far as administration goes that the promotion of Russ Brandon is the greatest hiring/promotion since Bill Polian. I don't think that he can be fairly evaluated based on the last 16 years due to Mr. Wilson's involvement. Either way, this time next year I think that we will all know if his promotion was the greatest blunder for this franchise or is a huge step forward. I am hoping for the latter.

Plenty on NFL types on hand...coaches, scouts, personnel guys etc. Good time for Brandon to get to know the talent and connect with ohter teams. Just like any other business you have to go where the people are. This how the ground work for trades is laid. Typical glad handing and that kind of stuff abounds. Nothing wrong with what he is doing. No smoke or fire.

I'm sorry for starting this tread as you guys have shown me the light. I'm glad Russ Brandon is our CEO and he is clearly the "greatest hire/promotion since Bill Polian." (Yes, someone actually formulated that thought) We are finally on the right path and Russ, Jeffrey Littman and Ralph will take us there as their track record indicates they have in the past.

I am a fan of the Bills, I want the Bills to succeed. I am not a fan of losing and I have no faith in the decision makers within this organization.

I'm sorry for starting this tread as you guys have shown me the light. I'm glad Russ Brandon is our CEO and he is clearly the "greatest hire/promotion since Bill Polian." (Yes, someone actually formulated that thought) We are finally on the right path and Russ, Jeffrey Littman and Ralph will take us there as their track record indicates they have in the past.

I am a fan of the Bills, I want the Bills to succeed. I am not a fan of losing and I have no faith in the decision makers within this organization.

Clearly, if anyone disagrees with your irrational response it must mean that they love Russ Brandon more than life itself. Anything short of enthusiastic agreement is tacit admission that they think hes the best thing to happen to football since Vince Lombardi. You owe it to all Bills fans to refute the argument that wasn't made and steer them on to the righteous path. Take this moment to showcase your tenuous grasp of sarcasm, and wield it like a mighty brick!

Professional Development? What, he's not allowed to take a look at some of the elite college talent coming into the NFL? He's not allowed to educate himself on scouting and personnel so that he becomes a better "football guy"?

SOOO you're saying it was a blunder to give this guy control just because he's at the Senior Bowl and he likes to tweet a lot?

It's January, let's settle down a little bit.

I agree - I'm fine with Brandon - who just got given the keys to the kingdom - is doing what some might say is "homework" on any of a number of things that could apply to his position. I happen to have faith in Whaley, Nix, Marrone, and Pettine (who, btw, wouldn't have come to Buffalo if he didn't have the opportunity to mold his defense the way he wanted to; after all, this is his chance to show the world what HE is as a coordinator, out of the shadow of Rex Ryan) in their football and personnel knowledge. I'm comfortable in their combined desire to build a contender, their commitment to winning.