DREW BLEDSOE VS. FITZPATRICK (stats in b-lo)

I don't get it. Fitz sucks. I don't care how his numbers compare to anyone from any era. He sucked yesterday. He sucks today. He'll suck tomorrow. Trying to rationalize Fitz's worth by comparing him to Bledsoe, who also sucked, is a reach, at best.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like looking at stats and comparing them to other player and being surprised. I never expected Fitz's numbers to be comparable to Bledsoe's b/c in my memory, Bledsoe was "better" .

Fitz pads his stats in garbage time when we are losing by 30+ points. For some reason Gailey never pulls him. Ever. Look at the opener against the Jets. He should have wound up with about 50yds passing 0TDs and 3 INTs. But, because he gets to play in garbage time against a team's 2nd string defense, he gets to tack on 3 useless TDs to his stat line.

You can't just look at stats without analyzing the underlying circumstances behind them. Take the KC game in week 2 - we absolutely destroyed them and were up 35-3 in the 3rd quarter. By the end of the game KC wound up with 422 yards of offense which was more than we had. If you didn't watch the game and just looked at the box score, you would think our defense had a terrible day, which would be completely wrong. Don't underestimate the power of garbage time stats.

Edited by QCity

I agree with it. As much as many here hate him, Fitz hasn't been that bad for us. His idiot HC kept pushing him when the strength of the team was a more balanced attack. If we ran a bit more we would have won more games, we might have made the playoffs and we wouldn't be hating Fitz so much.

His idiot HC transformed him scrub back-up to an NFL starter. I have no doubt Fitz would probably be out of teh league if not for Gailey.

I wonder why more people don't blame the receivers. These are obviously the weakest WRs in the NFL. Likely the weakest corps I have witnessed in my life as a Bills fan. Without Nelson, nobody else could fill his void. Nobody could fill the void of an Undrafted Free Agent slot receiver. Pathetic.

Bledsoe:

2002: 16 games, 61.5%, 4,359yds, 24td, 15int, 86.0 rating

2003: 16 games, 58.2%, 2,860yds, 11td, 12int, 73.0 rating

2004: 16 games, 56.9%, 2,932yds, 20td, 16int, 76.6 rating

Fitz (as the primary starter):

2010: 13 games, 57.8%, 3000yds, 23td, 15int, 81.8 rating

2011: 16 games, 62.0%, 3,832yds, 24td, 23int, 79.1 rating

2012: 16 games, 60.6%, 3,400yds, 24td, 16int, 83.3 rating

Overall, Fitz has a higher Completion %, 16 more TD's, and a higher QB rating (i couldn't find QBR for bledsoe as I don't think they had that stat back then) in fewer games. Fitz does have 11 more INT's in 3 fewer games.

I know time distorts things, but has Fitz been a better QB for us than Bledsoe was? Discuss...

How many Superbowls did both these Jokers get us too??? Where's that stat???

Bledsoe:

2002: 16 games, 61.5%, 4,359yds, 24td, 15int, 86.0 rating

2003: 16 games, 58.2%, 2,860yds, 11td, 12int, 73.0 rating

2004: 16 games, 56.9%, 2,932yds, 20td, 16int, 76.6 rating

Overall, Fitz has a higher Completion %, 16 more TD's, and a higher QB rating (i couldn't find QBR for bledsoe as I don't think they had that stat back then) in fewer games. Fitz does have 11 more INT's in 3 fewer games.

I know time distorts things, but has Fitz been a better QB for us than Bledsoe was? Discuss...

And your point would be? Drew Bledsoe sucked as QB of the Buffalo Bills. So did Ryan Fitzpatrick. So Fitz sucked less is that it?

And your point would be? Drew Bledsoe sucked as QB of the Buffalo Bills. So did Ryan Fitzpatrick. So Fitz sucked less is that it?

Man, you guys are really something else. I'm comparing the career in buffalo of one player to that of a current player. Is there really something odd about that in a buffalo bills forum? The season is over. Would you rather talk about cam newton? Maybe Jeff Fisher?

When looking back at Bills QBs I always regarded bledsoe to be the last solid/legit starter we had and I was surprised to find that Fitz's stats compared to or exceeded Bledsoe's while he played in buffalo.

If people don't like talking about a bills player then there are 1258524 threads about who we're gonna draft in a few months. I suggest you guys go there to post instead.

You should watch Trouble with the Curve.... Stats are one thing but big games arent listed as a stat. I can only say, in 2011, that was his year. Had come back games, made great choices and that was it. How many INT's we tipped or the fault of the WR? How many was his fault? How many yards are after the catch? From what I know fitz doesnt really throw deep. He tosses it 2 yards and CJ runs for 50. Giving him a 52 yard stat. Bledsoe aired half of his throws. I am not knocking Ftiz at all. I like the guy, I really do, if he is our QB next year, I will still cheer for him but I don't believe in stats anymore. I believe what I see on sunday game day.

Man, you guys are really something else. I'm comparing the career in buffalo of one player to that of a current player. Is there really something odd about that in a buffalo bills forum? The season is over. Would you rather talk about cam newton? Maybe Jeff Fisher?

When looking back at Bills QBs I always regarded bledsoe to be the last solid/legit starter we had and I was surprised to find that Fitz's stats compared to or exceeded Bledsoe's while he played in buffalo.

If people don't like talking about a bills player then there are 1258524 threads about who we're gonna draft in a few months. I suggest you guys go there to post instead.

You know who else is just as good as Fitz? Jim Kelly.

Kelly:

1990: 14 games, 63.3%, 2829yds, 24tds, 9int

1991: 15 games, 64.1%, 3844yds, 33td, 17int

1992: 16 games, 58.2%, 3457yds, 23td, 19 int

So you can see, Fitz only threw 9 more picks, but threw for more yards! Plus, Kelly's interception total is artificially low because of the one great season in 1990. Therefore Fitz probably would've won the Superbowl had he been playing back in the day.

When you make a thread and ask people to discuss, people discuss. When you make a thread about a QB that was a failure and make the basis of the thread comparing stats of another QB that couldn't lead us to the playoffs, this is what we discuss. How bad he was. Not sure what you were expecting. Stats are irrelevant. Results are relevant. The eye test has more relevancy than stats. Fitz sucked.

If I had both of them on the bench, I would pick bledsoe. After watching them both play and understanding both their limitations, it would be an easy choice for me. The only scenario I would want fitz is if our online was just so bad that we had to rely on the qb running to save his life. Fitz would have a better chance of survival.