DREW BLEDSOE VS. FITZPATRICK (stats in b-lo)

And that's the problem with your thread OP. You begin by throwing out their respective numbers in buffalo (2 guys that played almost 10 years apart here btw) and just sit back and say let's discuss. Well, people have been discussing. Repliers to this thread have asked you several follow up questions to these raw numbers you posted and you have yet to answer any of them.

You started this to bait people. Because you are still a fan of this complete failure of a starting quarterback. And no, not everyone thought Bledsoe was the team's most recent good QB. He had one good year statistically with Moulds and Price. The rest of his time here was as embarassing as the last 3 have been.

Yessir

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that's the problem with your thread OP. You begin by throwing out their respective numbers in buffalo (2 guys that played almost 10 years apart here btw) and just sit back and say let's discuss. Well, people have been discussing. Repliers to this thread have asked you several follow up questions to these raw numbers you posted and you have yet to answer any of them.

You started this to bait people. Because you are still a fan of this complete failure of a starting quarterback. And no, not everyone thought Bledsoe was the team's most recent good QB. He had one good year statistically with Moulds and Price. The rest of his time here was as embarassing as the last 3 have been.

"baiting" = drawing discussion. it doesn't mean people need to pop a fuse and throw an online temper tantrum. I thought Bledsoe was a better QB during his tenure in Buffalo than Fitz and expected the numbers to be further apart.

I'm a "fan" of this QB...sorry, let me get a voodoo doll of Fitz, or a Fitz jersey and burn it. will that make you feel better? LOL. You guys are out of this world. I'm a "fan" of this QB. As if I don't have the right to root for a Bills QB.

Despite being a "fan" of fitz, i also recognize we need an upgrade at the position. it doesn't need to be a black or white discussion like many posters here are relegated to having.

And just out of curiosity, if you don't think Bledsoe was our last legit QB, who was it in your opinion (and btw, no judgment here, just curious is all)?

Edited by bobobonators

FWIW,

3 years in Buffalo for Bledsoe, 140 sacks and 35 fumbles

4 years in Buffalo for Fitz, 97 sacks and 26 fumbles

Those #'s are way in favor of Fitz. Not that it matters much.

Where are you getting the Bledsoe fumble stats? Only shows 22 in his 3 years in Buffalo on ESPN

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/393/drew-bledsoe

Bledsoe:

2002: 16 games, 61.5%, 4,359yds, 24td, 15int, 86.0 rating

2003: 16 games, 58.2%, 2,860yds, 11td, 12int, 73.0 rating

2004: 16 games, 56.9%, 2,932yds, 20td, 16int, 76.6 rating

Fitz (as the primary starter):

2010: 13 games, 57.8%, 3000yds, 23td, 15int, 81.8 rating

2011: 16 games, 62.0%, 3,832yds, 24td, 23int, 79.1 rating

2012: 16 games, 60.6%, 3,400yds, 24td, 16int, 83.3 rating

Overall, Fitz has a higher Completion %, 16 more TD's, and a higher QB rating (i couldn't find QBR for bledsoe as I don't think they had that stat back then) in fewer games. Fitz does have 11 more INT's in 3 fewer games.

I know time distorts things, but has Fitz been a better QB for us than Bledsoe was? Discuss...

Stats can be totally misleading, just look at the number of sacks the Bills have given up the last two years. The unit is improved but they are certainly not as good as that stat indicates

I prefer to judge players on what I see on game day not the final stats

Fitz is garbage and Bledsoe wasn't much better so this is a dumb comparison anyway

Edited by Max997

"baiting" = drawing discussion. it doesn't mean people need to pop a fuse and throw an online temper tantrum. I thought Bledsoe was a better QB during his tenure in Buffalo than Fitz and expected the numbers to be further apart.

I'm a "fan" of this QB...sorry, let me get a voodoo doll of Fitz, or a Fitz jersey and burn it. will that make you feel better? LOL. You guys are out of this world. I'm a "fan" of this QB. As if I don't have the right to root for a Bills QB.

Despite being a "fan" of fitz, i also recognize we need an upgrade at the position. it doesn't need to be a black or white discussion like many posters here are relegated to having.

And just out of curiosity, if you don't think Bledsoe was our last legit QB, who was it in your opinion (and btw, no judgment here, just curious is all)?

Probably Kelly, as sad as that is. Flutie was a good story but not really that great.

No one wants to burn Fitz in effigy. I just want him to go away. He got his chance after a few promising games in 2011. He regressed, and got his coach fired as a result. I'm sure he's a great guy, and I wish him well. You don't need to dredge up his stats, compare them to Bledsoe's and sit back and say "See? He's alright."

Practically anyone could've put up decent numbers in gailey's offense. But he failed in the clutch, he failed on deep throws, he showed bad decision making at the most inopportune times. He hasn't looked the same since his injury against Washington.

If you aren't baiting, then look back through your thread and answer some of the questions other posters have asked you.

Or don't. But either way you should let this defense of Fitzpatrick cause go.

Aside from the first half of Bledsoe's first year in Buffalo, the offense was pretty horrific during his tenure. The Bills' offense under Fitz has been more entertaining, but the bottom line is neither guy is a winner. Compare stats all you want.

Aside from the first half of Bledsoe's first year in Buffalo, the offense was pretty horrific during his tenure. The Bills' offense under Fitz has been more entertaining, but the bottom line is neither guy is a winner. Compare stats all you want.

Exactly...Why anyone wants to look at a couple pieces of turds to determine which turd was the best turd is beyond me...But whatever... B-)

Exactly.

There is no point, other than to bait people and rile them up.