DREW BLEDSOE VS. FITZPATRICK (stats in b-lo)

i'm talking about their tenure in Buffalo and not their careers outside of buffalo. obviously you simply can't have a discussion with respect to Fitz aside from saying "fitz sucks" - we get the point.

he threw for 23td's and +3600 yds?

He does suck. Do you think he's good? He had 4 chances to win games for us in the 4th qtr this year. Can you guess what happened each time? There isn't much to discuss regarding a QB that can't make 1/2 of the throws necessary in the nfl. What would you like us to do, put #14 on the wall of fame?

He's a backup QB that had 4 good games and duped our FO into thinking he was good. He's not. He's not even close to good. Is he better than Kelly Holcomb? Sure. He's better than Holcomb. Ill give him some love.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitz is my "imaginary" friend ala Te'o. :thumbsup:

In all seriousness, i'm just discussing their tenure in Buffalo and not their entire career. Fitz's tenure in buffalo, statistically speaking, has been better than Bledsoe's.

Edited by bobobonators

when a team struggles, especially unexpectedly, a large portion of the fans need to identify a player to fixate their blame on. whitner, brown, parker, and recently for the sabres roy. that player is almost never nearly as bad as the 'fans' lament. this time its fitz. certainly he was a disappointment especially early on last season but he wasnt even close to the main problem on the team. but dont expect this to be a popular viewpoint bc once that impression is formed its close to impossible to change until the player leaves town

He does suck. Do you think he's good? He had 4 chances to win games for us in the 4th qtr this year. Can you guess what happened each time? There isn't much to discuss regarding a QB that can't make 1/2 of the throws necessary in the nfl. What would you like us to do, put #14 on the wall of fame?

He's a backup QB that had 4 good games and duped our FO into thinking he was good. He's not. He's not even close to good. Is he better than Kelly Holcomb? Sure. He's better than Holcomb. Ill give him some love.

This is exactly what i'm trying to address, your drastic view. Fitz had "4 good games" yet over 3 years he has thrown for more TDs, yds/attempt, a higher completion % than Bledsoe. So how many good games did Bledsoe have?

This is a ridiculous thread. You're comparing Bills current starter to a player who was clearly in decline and who couldn't recreate his decent 1st half of the 2002 season, and you use that as a defense of Fitzpatrick? Really?

I think the parallels are very apt. It was obvious that Bledsoe hit a wall and a change was needed. The big mistake was pushing up a kid who wasn't ready for the job. The same story holds now. Fitz hit a wall (actually he was never at Bledsoe's full speed) and a change is needed. But people shouldn't delude themselves that 2013 QB play will be better than Fitz.

Ok, SJ is better than Josh Reed, but Josh Reed would probably be the #2 WR on this roster.

What did Stevie do before Fitz became starter? Who made who look good?

Like most 7th round Wrs, he was on the bench/Ps practicing. This is the major issue I'm having with you. You're implying that Stevie is good because of fitz. What a farce.

Bledsoe also had Eric Moulds, Josh Reed, and Peerless Price, all probably better than any single WR we currently have.

Travis Henry wasn't too shabby either...

I hope Stevie Johnson doesn't read this comment. It will make him sad.

Wait...what am I doing in this thread? A Bledsoe vs. Fitz debate? This is only slightly more exciting than an Eddie Robinson vs. Kirk Morrison debate.

Fitz is my "imaginary" friend ala Te'o. :thumbsup:

In all seriousness, i'm just discussing their tenure in Buffalo and not their entire career. Fitz's tenure in buffalo, statistically speaking, has been better than Bledsoe's.

How about the most important stat. W/L.

Like most 7th round Wrs, he was on the bench/Ps practicing. This is the major issue I'm having with you. You're implying that Stevie is good because of fitz. What a farce.

You're implying Stevie is great on his own and if he had a "real QB" instead of having 3 1,000 yd seasons, i suppose he'd have 3 2,000yd seasons? Obviously Stevie throws the ball to himself, catches it, and then runs with it.

If we only had a real QB Stevie would be > Megatron I suppose.

I hope Stevie Johnson doesn't read this comment. It will make him sad.

Wait...what am I doing in this thread? A Bledsoe vs. Fitz debate? This is only slightly more exciting than an Eddie Robinson vs. Kirk Morrison debate.

Exactly. Just fitz lover trying to show us all how good fitz really is by comparing stats. Stats.....lol

How about the most important stat. W/L.

off the top of my head i know Bledsoe did have one 6-10 season of the 3. i know his last was 9-7. don't remember his first. 7-9?

I do remember that the defense was much better than what we have now and the coaching staff > this coaching staff.

You're implying Stevie is great on his own and if he had a "real QB" instead of having 3 1,000 yd seasons, i suppose he'd have 3 2,000yd seasons? Obviously Stevie throws the ball to himself, catches it, and then runs with it.

If we only had a real QB Stevie would be > Megatron I suppose.

Yes. I'm implying that Stevie is a very good WR on his own. I'm implying that fitz sucks on his own. Because Stevie had 3 good seasons doesn't mean that his QB doesn't suck. You're argument is laughable.

off the top of my head i know Bledsoe did have one 6-10 season of the 3. i know his last was 9-7. don't remember his first. 7-9?

I do remember that the defense was much better than what we have now and the coaching staff > this coaching staff.

He went 9-7, 8-8, 6-10. Out of three seasons, he had only one losing season. We haven't been 8-8, let alone 9-7, since.

Yes. I'm implying that Stevie is a very good WR on his own. I'm implying that fitz sucks on his own. Because Stevie had 3 good seasons doesn't mean that his QB doesn't suck. You're argument is laughable.

your argument stating that Fitz is horrible and defending it by yelling "fitz is horrible" is laughable.

i gave you numbers,and Fitz's numbers > than Bledsoe. FACT.

This is exactly what i'm trying to address, your drastic view. Fitz had "4 good games" yet over 3 years he has thrown for more TDs, yds/attempt, a higher completion % than Bledsoe. So how many good games did Bledsoe have?

Bledsoe sucked too. This is my point. Who cares??? Which sucky bills QB was better? Lol. Too funny

He went 9-7, 8-8, 6-10. Out of three seasons, he had only one losing season. We haven't been 8-8, let alone 9-7, since.

i hear ya. But Trent Dilfer also won a super bowl, so there's a lot more to winning a football game than just the QB. the bills team as a WHOLE was much better in 2002-2004 than it ever has been since. it was at least somewhat balanced.

Bledsoe sucked too. This is my point. Who cares??? Which sucky bills QB was better? Lol. Too funny

Ok, so I just want to get it on record that Bledsoe "sucked". Ok. Fine.

your argument stating that Fitz is horrible and defending it by yelling "fitz is horrible" is laughable.

i gave you numbers,and Fitz's numbers > than Bledsoe. FACT.

I'm "yelling" that fitz is horrible? He is horrible. Everyone in the nfl knows he's horrible. 95% of bills fans knows that he is horrible. You don't feel he's horrible. You'll never convince me that he's not. If he goes out and makes the playoffs while displaying the ability to consistently throw an accurate pass over 10 yards, then ill agree with you.

You're babbling about stats, meanwhile its a fact that we are going to draft a QB this year because our current QB is garbage. Our current QB is the QB you're babbling about being "better than drew Bledsoe". Why? Because you think he's a good QB? Is fitz good? Do you want him to be our starting QB next season?

Win-Loss is a team stat ...

Yeah. That's it.: