Pro Bowl Bills - Spiller, Williams, Byrd

qblax16

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How important is the Pro Bowl to fans on this board? Do any here really get satisfaction by having Spiller play in this game. It means nothing to me, but if someone could explain why it is important to them as a fan of the Bills, I'm all ears.

good question. i haven't watched a bowl ever -- maybe once i watched a replay. i don't care to see the game. but it's the prestige that it adds to player that makes fans care. if you own a spiller jersey and he goes to the probowl, then it adds to your fandom in some weird way. fans have always been bigger fans of all-stars. i must admit, i like having probowl players on the team even if i don't watch the game.

How important is the Pro Bowl to fans on this board? Do any here really get satisfaction by having Spiller play in this game. It means nothing to me, but if someone could explain why it is important to them as a fan of the Bills, I'm all ears.

As a fan of the Bills for five years now,it's important to me. Players making the Pro Bowl shows the

team is making progress and lesser of a laughing stock.

As a fan of the Bills for five years now,it's important to me. Players making the Pro Bowl shows the

The Chiefs had five Pro Bowlers this year. Jeff Saturday, who was benched, made the Pro Bowl. Having All-Pros means progress; the Pro Bowl is laughable.

meh. As a fan for 35 years now, it's come to mean nothing. All I care about is the TEAM accomplishments. After such terrible seasons, these kinds of accolades almost feel like the trophy they give to EVERY little leaguer for participating. "Now we have a few awards for some of the other teams in the league. Here you go guys. Thanks for playing in our league".

I am sorry if I have missed an update on this but the last I read Williams was going to possibly have surgery on his other foot. Now I see he is going to The Pro Bowl to play. If his foot was so bad I am surprised he would go play.

If anyone has any kind of update I would appreciate it.

The Chiefs had five Pro Bowlers this year. Jeff Saturday, who was benched, made the Pro Bowl. Having All-Pros means progress; the Pro Bowl is laughable.

I always find the pro bowl is laughable argument to be much more laughable. The Pro Bowl has, what, 80 players in it? Each year, IMO, 70 of the 80 definitely deserve to go, there are 5 that are very arguable (because equal players may have deserved to go, but if they were flopped it may have been just as unfair to the first guy) and about 5 players are "laughable."

Every year, especially the starters, about are 90% deserving (unless you want to nitpick an argument over whether Peyton Manning should start over Tom Brady or vice versa where there is no definitive answer whatsoever).